Downloading Mp3 Music From Internet

midas

I would be really grateful for some assistance from someone who is used to downloading

MP3 tracks from what seems to be a myriad of " user unfriendly " music web sites :o

For example after going through a never-ending registration process for Napster

I then got a message saying even the subscription service is only available

in USA ? Same with AOL music. Another friend put me onto esnips but while I have succeeded in creating

playlists with the one track that I am after, I can't seem to find a way of transforming just one of these files

so that I can download it onto my MP3 player.

I just want to obtain an MP3 file of one on the female singer's ( SADE )

tracks from the mid 1980s. I'm fully prepared to pay for this track

and I'm not trying to get something to nothing but I just seem to be

going around in circles. Thanks

dont know if it works from thailand,but itunes is great imho

matt

hi bigchang! But does itunes material work on MP3 players

other than Apple ipods ? I only have a YEPP MP3 player.

Yes, but you have to first burn the downloaded File to a CD, and then rip it to MP3 Format again.

Also, iTunes cant be used in Thailand (unless you have a Credit Card registered back home, with Address from Home).

Looks like Torrents and Filesharing is the only way to get Music here, illegal or not ....

Sunny

To locate Sade music: In Google, paste this search query:

-inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" mp3 "Sade"

reference:

http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-liv...-web-136578.php

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/851/google_...her_music_files

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2005/11/f...-on-google.html

Edited by Rice_King

To locate Sade music: In Google, paste this search query:

-inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" mp3 "Sade"

reference:

http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-liv...-web-136578.php

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/851/google_...her_music_files

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2005/11/f...-on-google.html

Rice_King I could hug you ! :o:D

But how do you get to learn all this stuff !! ? Its a different world to me.

Anyway thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

midas

dont know the name of the track you are looking for, however if you google bootload.ath.cx , choose the first option that comes up in your browser, its a site in german, when the site opens, look on the top lh side and choose the option alben (album) a list in alphabetical form comes up, look under s and you will find sade.

i think its a concert from 1986, click download and follow the options.

good luck.

by the way if you want to download from iTune (Apple) you can convert the Apple format to MP3. There is a lot software availablr incl. freeware which do this job! If you google for "convert itune to mp3" you'll get a lot infos and sites:

askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_to_mp3_format.html

www.m4p-mp3.com/

and and and ..............................

midas

dont know the name of the track you are looking for, however if you google bootload.ath.cx , choose the first option that comes up in your browser, its a site in german, when the site opens, look on the top lh side and choose the option alben (album) a list in alphabetical form comes up, look under s and you will find sade.

i think its a concert from 1986, click download and follow the options.

good luck.

rgs2001uk thanks alot ! I was after " No Ordinary Love " but now its already

on my MP3 player thanks to the advice from Rice_King !

It was so quick compared to all the farting around I have done

with the pay sites. Why doesnt Napster make their music available

throughout the world ? :o

Me no understand ... all this talking about illegal downloads ... shouldn't the moderators have deleted Rice King's post? Furthermore, me no understand why talking about torrents is no problem. while if you post links to rapidshare you get a slap ....

============================================================

Why doesnt Napster make their music available

throughout the world ?

Thailand is perhaps #1 (or close) with credit card fraud ..... so me thinks no Itunes or Napster here ... rest of the world, dunno.

Furthermore, with so much piracy here I think no company would even consider a legal operation.

Edited by sniffdog

Me no understand ... all this talking about illegal downloads ... shouldn't the moderators have deleted Rice King's post? Furthermore, me no understand why talking about torrents is no problem. while if you post links to rapidshare you get a slap ....

throughout the world ?

Thailand is perhaps #1 (or close) with credit card fraud ..... so me thinks no Itunes or Napster here ... rest of the world, dunno.

Furthermore, with so much piracy here I think no company would even consider a legal operation.

Well what are we supposed to do then sniffdog ? As I said was perfectly

willing to pay for the track but if we can get access to paysites

why not use whichever alternative means there are ? :o

Hi :o

Anyone wondering about the piracy in Thailand? Well how about this, dear Music Industry and Movie Industry:

MAKE YOUR STUFF AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!!

Why can't an AMERICAN citizen, using an AMERICAN credit card, sign up at an AMERICAN pay-for-download site like Napster only because he is CURRENTLY in Thailand..?? They really shouldn't wonder why their stuff gets pirated here.

If it weren't for torrent sites, i COULD NOT GET certain material unless i fly to the country where it comes from and buy it there! Talk about German movies, Turkish music etc. No way to get them here legally, specially not if a movie (even Hollywood!) is a couple of years old or "not the uber-blockbuster".

To the OP: Next time, head to www.isohunt.com, type the name of the singer/band in the search box, select the album that your song is on and grab the torrent. Once it's open in your torrent client, uncheck all the other songs and download only the one you want.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Anyone wondering about the piracy in Thailand? Well how about this, dear Music Industry and Movie Industry:

Why can't an AMERICAN citizen, using an AMERICAN credit card, sign up at an AMERICAN pay-for-download site like Napster only because he is CURRENTLY in Thailand..?? They really shouldn't wonder why their stuff gets pirated here.

If it weren't for torrent sites, i COULD NOT GET certain material unless i fly to the country where it comes from and buy it there! Talk about German movies, Turkish music etc. No way to get them here legally, specially not if a movie (even Hollywood!) is a couple of years old or "not the uber-blockbuster".

To the OP: Next time, head to www.isohunt.com, type the name of the singer/band in the search box, select the album that your song is on and grab the torrent. Once it's open in your torrent client, uncheck all the other songs and download only the one you want.

Best regards.....

Thanh

i agree 100% with what you are saying, yet again the record industry shoots itself in the foot because of its own corporate greed.

i am not kidding myself, i know a lot of what is available is just piracy, however the worm has turned, the ball is now in the consumers court.

if the record industry was to release in a format people want and at a price they are prepared to pay there wouldnt be a problem, tell me why i can buy a cd in thailand for half the price it is in the uk.

everything i download is not available in the shops, so i cant buy it even if i wanted to.

i have built up a collection of live recordings by various artists that would never see the light of day because the greedy swines at the record companies dont think they would shift enough units and therefore wont promote these artists.

many bands got with it years ago and now cut the record companies out of the loop by making there concerts/albums available over the internet, many bands are also known as taper friendly and have no problems with being bootlegged,eg the dead, govt mule, allmans, u2 etc.

we heard the same crap from the record industry almost 30 years ago, home taping is killing music, well i think its the record industry thats killing music, more of the same old bland boring repetitive rubbish being released, no wonder its called bubblegum music,the record industry almost killed off pearl jam in the same way they killed off the spin doctors.

depending on where you are in the world, its not illegal to download, and yet again the corporate swine cant agree on a format, look at the fiasco with dvds and region formats, no problem, just buy a multi region player, until the industry stops ripping me off i will continue to download and loose no sleep over it knowing i am not contributing to the posh spice retirement fund.

throughout the world ?

Well what are we supposed to do then sniffdog ? As I said was perfectly

willing to pay for the track but if we can get access to paysites

why not use whichever alternative means there are ? :o

I was facetious ..... Enjoy your music .... illegal or not .... my ipod is stuffed with music .... 34 Gb and not a single byte legal .....

Edited by sniffdog

Best regards.....

Thanh

It is kind of crazy with the TV shows in the US also. Most of the networks now allow you to go to their website and watch episodes of their shows for free. Some have advertising on the page, some put it in with the show. But they do not make it available outside the US. So they force people outside the US to use torrents or some other non-legal way to watch something that they first show over the airwaves for free, then give away for free on their website. I think it has something to do with broadcast rights or something like that.

Can you access those sites from Thailand and watch the shows here, i.e. streaming? If so.... google for "WM Recorder". It does save streaming stuff as wmv files - and does so even if the internet is too slow for the actual "streaming". It's not a freeware tough, you need to buy it.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Download/install torrent client - Utorrent good - search for sade with torrent search engine - Torrentz is excellent - download from the torrent site - Mininova is great. Or simply bung 'sade torrent' into G and skip steps 2/3. Once torrent is downloaded, double-click it to launch client (Utorrent) and download.

Will also need to port forward on router to work well. If not sure how to do that, bung your router model followed by 'port forwarding' into G.

If you want to pay for it, believe bittorrent.com enables one to do so. :o

I would be really grateful for some assistance from someone who is used to downloading

MP3 tracks from what seems to be a myriad of " user unfriendly " music web sites :o

For example after going through a never-ending registration process for Napster

I then got a message saying even the subscription service is only available

in USA ? Same with AOL music. Another friend put me onto esnips but while I have succeeded in creating

playlists with the one track that I am after, I can't seem to find a way of transforming just one of these files

so that I can download it onto my MP3 player.

I just want to obtain an MP3 file of one on the female singer's ( SADE )

tracks from the mid 1980s. I'm fully prepared to pay for this track

and I'm not trying to get something to nothing but I just seem to be

going around in circles. Thanks

Try www.multiply.com What a terrific site. Even I can download music from this site .. it's so easy. Just do your search and not only do you get the song u want.. but many others of the type of music you are trying to download in a simular vein. Its all free to join and use. If you have a problem going to the site direct.. try doing a 'google' with multiply and access the site from there.. then u get the membership page that way. Hope u try multiply.. you wont regret it

• 2 weeks later...

An update to the original posting I made in this thread...

One of the biggest missing pieces in Google is music search. While it is possible to limit your searches to audio files by using the filetype operator, not only is it inconvenient, but it's also hard to tell what the file actually contains.

This is where a new service called SkreemR steps in. It specifically lets you search for MP3 files and displays the metadata associated with them so you can tell whether you're downloading the latest Beyonce single or a Mozart symphony. You can find music by bitrate, length, artist, genre, and album in addition to title.

One neat SkreemR feature is the built-in music player that lets you preview a song before downloading it. It's also interesting that you can rate search results. This might come in handy for filtering out junk audio files.

Another music search engine that's worth a look is MP3Realm, which has mostly the same features, but a plainer interface.

• 3 weeks later...
i would actually prefer to download full audio cd's. full sound quality when compared to mp3. but none that i can find on torrents unfortunately.

I do see some torrents that feature FLAC files. Since FLAC files are "lossless" audio files, you could download the FLAC files, then convert / recompile them back to an audio CD without any loss of audio quality.

Yes, FLAC and APE, any "lossless" sound compression format, can give you CD quality or better. If 16-bit sound source is compressed FLAC'd and then decompressed, it will be an exact copy of the original. The thing that makes FLAC better than zip or rar or shrtn is that you can play a FLAC file just as you can an mp3, if you use a player that supports FLAC. More and more do support it now.

If FLAC had been around in '99, then Napster would have started a FLAC craze instead of MP3 I think.

Demonoid had a lot of FLAC torrent sources, and so does piratebay. Not all trackers do, though. This new thing called tunebully has very few, and I wonder if torrentbully is the same. I would tend to think that most really private trackers would have lots of FLAC, and maybe CD/wav stuff as well. I can't say, however, because I have no clue how to get invited to them!

I'm just waiting for on-line retailers to start selling their music in FLAC for the same price the put on mp3's. Hey, remember when cassettes used to cost more than LP's? Maybe MP3's should be more expensive! :o

i would actually prefer to download full audio cd's. full sound quality when compared to mp3. but none that i can find on torrents unfortunately.

I do see some torrents that feature FLAC files. Since FLAC files are "lossless" audio files, you could download the FLAC files, then convert / recompile them back to an audio CD without any loss of audio quality.

yeah just read more about FLAC. yes thats a possibility. excellent idea. the question now is what would be a good converter from FLAC to audio? and what is a good light player for FLAC?