Downloading Mp3 Music From Internet

midas

I would be really grateful for some assistance from someone who is used to downloading

MP3 tracks from what seems to be a myriad of " user unfriendly " music web sites :o

For example after going through a never-ending registration process for Napster

I then got a message saying even the subscription service is only available

in USA ? Same with AOL music. Another friend put me onto esnips but while I have succeeded in creating

playlists with the one track that I am after, I can't seem to find a way of transforming just one of these files

so that I can download it onto my MP3 player.

I just want to obtain an MP3 file of one on the female singer's ( SADE )

tracks from the mid 1980s. I'm fully prepared to pay for this track

and I'm not trying to get something to nothing but I just seem to be

going around in circles. Thanks

Try here

www.mp3safari.com

the million dollar question would be that the file size of flac seems to be almost the same as audio files, so whats the use of FLAC?

According to WikiPedia: "Audio sources encoded to FLAC are typically reduced in size 40 to 50 percent."

Edited by Rice_King

MP3's are smaller because they throw away a lot of musical material. You may not notice it with a cheap boom box, or lousy mp3 player ear phones, or uneducated ears, but mp3 technology attempts to get rid of sounds that our ears theoretically won't miss (such as something that might occur after a very loud sound, or musical overtones etc.). So you get a simple approximation of the music but not the real thing.

I've made CD's from cassette tapes and from mp3's. Although the issues a different the result goes into the same "better than nothing" category, but a long long way from hi-fi.

Well, very high bit-rate mp3's might be "okay" sometimes, but then they are much larger too.