Pool Pricing

ade100

I am planning to build a pool in Phuket about 12m x 4m, possibly a customised L Shape design, probably a salt water system.

I haven't started talking to the various pool companies yet but before I do, does anyone have any idea of the sort of price I might expect to pay?

Thanks

HI

Well Just food for thought but have you considered Above Ground Pools?

It really depends on whether you want to spend a small fortune and have it intergral to your home, but for those just want in to swim you could do worse than consider Pools4Fun which has just launched AGPs in Phuket by Intex. It is my company and we have options from 5000- 200 000THB (12m by 4.5 biggest) PM me or google the exact name for website.

Cheers

PA :o

post-40806-1195875928.jpg

I would bet you will get quotes in Phuket of around 1 million to 1.5 million, possibly a little higher.

Then when you balk at the price, PM me for an email address of people who will help you save at least 50% on that.

I had one dude here in Bangkok include in his boq a cost for the pump house at 75,000b and that was for a roof and 2 walls...no system or anything else included in that price....idiot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I am planning to build a pool in Phuket about 12m x 4m, possibly a customised L Shape design, probably a salt water system.

I haven't started talking to the various pool companies yet but before I do, does anyone have any idea of the sort of price I might expect to pay?

price can vary a lot. factors are:

-thickness of concrete shell

-quality of concrete

-steel or chicken wire in concrete

-painted concrete or ceramic tiles

-quality and design = price of ceramic tiles

-grout between ceramic tiles 2cm or 0.4cm

-quality of tilework

-length of piping from pool to pump/filter

-pump price 4,000 or 18,000 Baht

-filter system 8,000 or 23,000 Baht

-balancing/treatment of water by chemicals manually or computerised (the latter 150,000 Baht)

-overflow or skimmer pool

-finish around pool lawn, sandwash, imported italian marble or gold leaf with embedded diamond dust :o

p.s. the expression "salt water pool" is misleading. you obvious mean generation of chlorine by electrolysis on salt basis.

• 2 weeks later...
This 3m x 10m x 150cm pool cost me 200,000 baht, including the paved walkways...Has all the plumbing

frontyard.jpg

it sure looks like 200,000 Baht :o

It looks about right for THB200K to me. My wife was told that price for a similar size tiled pool for our house in the Chaiyaphum area.

Thanks

Talk to Peter at Beach Bar beach road , Karon side he is agent for pool insalation/maintenance.

Gwynt

This 3m x 10m x 150cm pool cost me 200,000 baht, including the paved walkways...Has all the plumbing

frontyard.jpg

it sure looks like 200,000 Baht :o

It looks about right for THB200K to me. My wife was told that price for a similar size tiled pool for our house in the Chaiyaphum area.

i was referring to the beautiful colours of the tiles and the design at the bottom as i can't judge "all the plumbing".

• 2 weeks later...

frontyard.jpg

it sure looks like 200,000 Baht :D

i was referring to the beautiful colours of the tiles and the design at the bottom as i can't judge "all the plumbing".

The "high quality" of the tiling round the edge speaks volumes.......... :o

J/C or the big Christ!!!!

How much does it take for people to wake up.

You cannot buy a BM for the price of a VW.

In Pats it is about 11-13k per Sp/M for a pool (Cow Jia?)i.

More in Phulet I know.

Anyway who ever spilt the paint did a good job of protecting the kitchen tiles. 55555

Salt Chlorination is the way to go.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

frontyard.jpg

it sure looks like 200,000 Baht :D

The "high quality" of the tiling round the edge speaks volumes.......... :o

All this from a bunch of idiots... It's a #1 job on everything. Doubt very much that you can match the price :D