Advice For Internet Service In Bangkok With True Phone Line?

webworldly

Greetings!

What should someone do who has a private phone line through "True".....and wants the fastest broadband internet connection available?

I tried the 4mb True internet....but......the actual speed (according to the ThaiVisa speedtest) is only 550kbps. True says there is no problem with the line or their servers.

What should I do if I want blazing fast speed? Is there something more I can do through True.....something with another company? Who?

CHEERS!

D

Greetings!

What should someone do who has a private phone line through "True".....and wants the fastest broadband internet connection available?

I tried the 4mb True internet....but......the actual speed (according to the ThaiVisa speedtest) is only 550kbps. True says there is no problem with the line or their servers.

What should I do if I want blazing fast speed? Is there something more I can do through True.....something with another company? Who?

CHEERS!

D

Are you sure to have money enough for the fastest Internet connection available?

It's a leased line at 8 Mbps/8Mbps and just a few hundreds of thousand THB! 2 Mbps up and down cost about THB 150,000!

Hey TIT! You don't know?! True has quite bthe best service at Bangkok Area! I use 2,560/512 and is ok incl. running Web- and Mail-Server in house and others!

Are you sure to have money enough for the fastest Internet connection available?

It's a leased line at 8 Mbps/8Mbps and just a few hundreds of thousand THB! 2 Mbps up and down cost about THB 150,000!

Hey TIT! You don't know?! True has quite bthe best service at Bangkok Area! I use 2,560/512 and is ok incl. running Web- and Mail-Server in house and others!

Hey Reimar....thank you for the instructive information! I'm not in the league of spending 150k BAHT....even though if I could spend that much per month on ANY service....it would be for FAST INTERNET! Lol!

I'd like to follow up on something you said about True. You mentioned that you're getting good speed with their 2mb plan, right? Just curious....what does the ThaiVisa Speedtest show for your up/down load speeds right now?

I signed up for their 4mb plan....and am using one of their routers.......but my speed is under 600kbps according to the speedtest. Do you have any advice on what I should do about that with True?

CHEERS!

D

Greetings!

CHEERS!

D

Well if Blazing INTERNET speed is what you want...

You could always move to Korea... Or Singapore... Or Europe.. Or Canada... Or Vietnam...

Just forget about Thailand... at any Reasonable price that is. :o

TIT... "Forgettaboutit"

CS

• 2 weeks later...

Singapore are you sure?

a 6Mbps SGD60 line here gives you no where near those speeds either especially not on international server access unlike e.g. Europe where you might actually get what you pay for!

Would be very interested as well though on any hints to True 2Mbps vs. 4Mbps international speeds as the price is quite different?

Greetings!

CHEERS!

D

Well if Blazing INTERNET speed is what you want...

You could always move to Korea... Or Singapore... Or Europe.. Or Canada... Or Vietnam...

Just forget about Thailand... at any Reasonable price that is. :o

TIT... "Forgettaboutit"

CS

Greetings!

CHEERS!

D

WEB, i am on a low speed, i try to increase it 1 year ago ! everything was fine, talk to them and ready to paid , when they realize my area was limited to my low speed !

not sure how your area is serve

Well the problem in this country, is simply they don't have enough Communication line networks. I mean, I don't need to be such an expert about communication lines, but it is so logical, that the bandwidth for "international Network communication" apparently goes through only "ONE" connection Gate (or however experts may call it) which is owned by the CAT (the f$%in' lazy government communication authority and the true reason for the slow internet speeds for HIGH prices)), and in sharing one and the same communication line, the speed "simply decreases"...

while in the more developed countries we have a mass of communication networks going through many different international network gates....

does that make any sense????

true 2MB connection - Silom area, over a 30 minute period starting at 10:00 am today using the yellow "broadband speed test" menu option here:

Download Speed: 1209 kbps (151.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 408 kbps (51 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 2148 kbps (268.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 407 kbps (50.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 1023 kbps (127.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 1290 kbps (161.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

getting good sustained download rates at peak times is unlikely but generally the performance is not too bad

bkkguy

I had the 2.5 SME package with true, paid 2,500 THB per month.....worked fine telll 2 weeks ago I could NOT even use VOIP in the daytime, speedtest on speakeasey.net was down to 200, even days i got 400 kps my VOIP would not even work...IT looks like True is gieing priorty to its on VOIP and blocking others...No I am useing ji-net 1mb on a true line. 1,900 THB plan share ratio 1/10 4,800 is user ratio of 1.5 so far the 1,900 1/10 user ratio seems goood..I always am getting 700 or 800 on my speedtest with true I would get 200 and NO VOIP for 8 hours of the day.I could NOT even hear a the person calling me during business hours on my Vonage VOIP.....so far with Ji-net no issues at all.....lower speed but much more stable, do not let ture high speeds full you, you iwll never get it when you need it....true speedtest on speakeasey 2 pm 200 NO VOIP true speedtest 12 pm 1800 VOIP works fine....ji-net speedtest are allways 700 or 800 so you decide...

true 2MB connection - Silom area, over a 30 minute period starting at 10:00 am today using the yellow "broadband speed test" menu option here:

Download Speed: 1209 kbps (151.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 2148 kbps (268.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 1023 kbps (127.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 1290 kbps (161.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

getting good sustained download rates at peak times is unlikely but generally the performance is not too bad

bkkguy

is that international or in thailand???? test on speakeasey San Francisco....when I use true I always got good speeds on the thai sites....but try speakeasey during peak times!!!!!! or try to use VOIP!!!! or anything!!!!

Ok, just finishing download a few torrents and the speed was at all times above 200 kByte/s.

Done a Speedtest now and here the results:

1. Singapore:

A_speed%201.png

2. Los Angelas

A_speed%202.png

3. Seattle

A_speed%203.png

4. New York

A_speed%204.png

5. Frankfurt Germany

speed%205.png

6. Munich

speed%206.png

7. Kuala Lumpur

speed%207.png

8. Local Bangkok

speed%208.png

Depend on the international location the speed differs a lot but eve just Malaysia is very slow. Singapore is good!

• 5 months later...

Ahh...the vagaries of Internet service in Thailand...

I have the 2 MBps True ADSL service in my home in lower Sukhumvit... And when I've done local speed tests before, using the same web site as mentioned above, I usually get a download speed for local sites of 1700 to 1800 .....which is fair and close to what I'm paying for.

In the past day or so, though, I was needing to download a 3 GB .exe file from the USA (a compressed backup/restore file of data files from my PC)

Last night, say between 7 pm and midnight, I was getting download speeds ranging from 15 to 30 KB/sec.... It was CRAWLING.... This morning, same download, I was getting close to 200 KB/sec earlier in the morning and now it has slowed to around 160-170 KB/sec by after 10 am.... Ooops... now bouncing as low as 110...

Having a speed range from 15-30 (peak hours) to 200 (early morning) is a pretty HUGE variation.... Guess that tell you when you need to be doing large file downloads with True... Set the alarm clock EARLY!!!