Visa Stamp On Arrival Without Ticket Leaving Thailand

I hope somebody can help me with this. I have lived here for 3 years with the correct visa but my sister is coming over in December from UK and travelling on to Singapore in January. The problem she has is she arrives in Thailand on 3rd December and has a flight ticket out of Singapore on 15th January. While she is here in Thailand she wants to go to Cambodia but I am worried she will get either not be allowed into Thailand or get stuck in Cambodia as she doesn't have travel docs leaving Thailand. As she is a travelling student she wants to be legal but the cheapest way possible.

Thanks for your time.

I hope somebody can help me with this. I have lived here for 3 years with the correct visa but my sister is coming over in December from UK and travelling on to Singapore in January. The problem she has is she arrives in Thailand on 3rd December and has a flight ticket out of Singapore on 15th January. While she is here in Thailand she wants to go to Cambodia but I am worried she will get either not be allowed into Thailand or get stuck in Cambodia as she doesn't have travel docs leaving Thailand. As she is a travelling student she wants to be legal but the cheapest way possible.

Thanks for your time.

She needs either an outbound ticket within 30 days of arrival or a tourist visa. Without one or the other her airline is likely to deny her boarding.

Thanks for your time.

She needs either an outbound ticket within 30 days of arrival or a tourist visa. Without one or the other her airline is likely to deny her boarding.

This is correct. New rules are being enforced. A tourist visa will be required to enter thailand for longer than 30 days without a documented flight out of there. Get the tourist visa in her own country first.

Sister wants to get by on the cheap: Yes, a tourist visa is cheap. $30 in the U.S. .. so , 15 pounds in the UK?

Basicly the cost of a decent sandwich? :o

I would advise a tourist visa to start trip (or she may not be allowed on flight) and a re-entry permit for the Cambodia side trip so there will not be a ticket out requirement. Cost of re-entry permit would be 1,000 baht and you obtain prior to leaving Thailand. But she can base her decision on local conditions as different check points may require different things - in one case it is a 200 baht bus ticket so if using that checkpoint it would be cheaper to buy that than a re-entry permit.