Airport Antics Or Lunatics

innovator

Not long ago, I found myself in a Thai prison with 5 other farang men after entering the Kingdom from one of the Cambodian Land Borders. I guess we had purchased too many boxes of cigarettes and then were ordered to stand trial at the local police station in order to negotiate our release. I remember the reverse auction process that started at 80,000 baht for our release and was finally settled at 14,000 baht for the mini van to be released.

Due to this episode, I decided to do visa runs at the airport and have more professional and humane treatment. Instead, I found the immigration officers bribing me to go into the international duty free zone after stamping me out of Thailand and to bring back cigarettes and Johhnie Walker for their pleasure.

Is this the ultimate <deleted> in Thailand??

Funny thing is....I don't drink or smoke, nor do I buy immitation dog sh*t cigarettes at borders.

Amazing Thailand!!!

" I found the immigration officers bribing me to go into the international duty free zone after stamping me out of Thailand and to bring back cigarettes and Johhnie Walker for their pleasure. "

Why would they ask you to do that? Cigarettes are more expensive in the " duty free zone " than anywhere in Thailand!

Go get some sleep..

Jokerpoint: Yes, I will go get some sleep and you should Wake UP.

First, the crap that they sell at the borders is fake....immitation junk made from local dog sh*t. So, you will find a cheaper price at the land borders because they are selling immitation products.

If you buy from the duty free zone, you are getting the REAL DEAL products. So, of course they are more expensive than the cheap, immitation crap that you find at the land borders and in the mom and pop shops around town.

Maybe you are one of those employees at the airport just trying to save your job and cover up your actions?

Fake or real, I don't buy cigarettes because I don't smoke. This is the point of the posting. Try getting held in detention for doing something that you didn't do and having to pay a release price because of corrupt officers near the land borders and then getting the opposite treatment, bribes, at the new airport from the corrupt officials that work there too because they want you to buy cigarettes for them.

OK. Now I will go to sleep.

Not long ago, I found myself in a Thai prison with 5 other farang men after entering the Kingdom from one of the Cambodian Land Borders. I guess we had purchased too many boxes of cigarettes and then were ordered to stand trial at the local police station in order to negotiate our release. I remember the reverse auction process that started at 80,000 baht for our release and was finally settled at 14,000 baht for the mini van to be released.

Due to this episode, I decided to do visa runs at the airport and have more professional and humane treatment. Instead, I found the immigration officers bribing me to go into the international duty free zone after stamping me out of Thailand and to bring back cigarettes and Johhnie Walker for their pleasure.

Funny thing is....I don't drink or smoke, nor do I buy immitation dog sh*t cigarettes at borders.

Amazing Thailand!!!

Sorry mate it all sound to fishy to me.

whats that word im looking for. :o

Instead, I found the immigration officers bribing me to go into the international duty free zone after stamping me out of Thailand and to bring back cigarettes and Johhnie Walker for their pleasure.

You are claiming that an Immigration Officer at Suvarnabhumi airport stamped your exit in your passport and then asked you to pick up some duty frees and bring them back for him. Was that before you boarded the plane or upon your return from Cambodia?

They were bribing you to do this? How so? With money? They already stamped your exit so what were they offering?

Like others I detect an odour of a piscean nature.

Can you explain how, having passed through passport control outbound, you would willingly engage in an illegal act for which you were not compelled in any way?

You say in your OP that you were taken into custody "I guess we had purchased too many boxes of cigarettes" but you don't smoke. So in fact you were aiding your colleagues bringing in (smuggling) a quantity over the limit. Not only don't you smoke but you "don't buy immitation dog sh*t cigarettes at borders" but you admit in your opening paragraph "we had purchased..............".

You start off moaning about your treatment at the land border for illegal activities that cost you money to get out of then you moan about being bribed at the airport for illegal activities for which you earn money. Weren't the bribes enough money?

Seems that the common denominators in your thread are illegal activities and moaning.

Amazing Thailand!!!

Sorry mate it all sound to fishy to me.

whats that word im looking for. :o

does it start with a B ? :D