Lower Sukhumvit Traffic Better?

samran

I've noticed that since they stopped letting traffic run down the wrong side of the road between Asoke and Nana (heading into town), traffic flow during peak hour has improved markedly. Cutting out two bottlenecks at the intersection just infront of the Sheraton, and then again at the Nana intersection as expressway bound traffic can merge over to the other side alot more easily.

What are your thoughts?

I've noticed that since they stopped letting traffic run down the wrong side of the road between Asoke and Nana (heading into town), traffic flow during peak hour has improved markedly. Cutting out two bottlenecks at the intersection just infront of the Sheraton, and then again at the Nana intersection as expressway bound traffic can merge over to the other side alot more easily.

What are your thoughts?

As predicted it's put a lot of extra traffic onto Asoke Soi 1 and the intersection with Sukhumvit Soi 19. And a lot of taxi drivers have been slow to catch on preferring to drop passengers on the westbound side of Sukhumvit and letting them use the pedestrian overpasses. That in turn has slowed westbound Sukhumvit somewhat.

Traffic in BKK has never been fixed/cured. Flow one area, block another. It's running in a circle as long as there is no vehicle in city or downtown limit law. It just gives us confusion every now and then, that's all I think.

Edited by legag

I think one of the main bottlenecks is the stretch from in front of central world ( world trade ) across the intersection and past pratunam to the start of viphavadi-rangsit road - it needs an elevated road for most of the traffic to bypass this section. congestion there can be seen for a long way in all directions.

Edited by stumonster