Welcome To The Football Forum

mrbojangles

Good to see some footie banter, I've recently moved to Thailand from London, am a Gooner, and a particularly happy at the moment after yesterday's result.

Welcome to the footie forum Grim :D

Hello chaps,

There is amother Gooner on here but she is a chap-ess :o:D

Welcome Percy2. Watch out for Sunderland, he's known for winding up the Leeds fans a little bit, but he's really a top bloke.

Yes watch out for Sunderland. He saw me wearing a Newcastle Utd top and now he won't speak to me. Wonder why? :o

Hey I'm a gooner and would love to hang out with you guys for a game. Where is the bar/restaurant for this?

Hey I'm a gooner and would love to hang out with you guys for a game. Where is the bar/restaurant for this?

Hey Easydogg

Tend to just watch them on the telly with the father-in-law as I'm out in Saraburi - alas.

Although might be moving towards CM sometime soon, I hope.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of TV footie meet-up going on anytime soon? I assume most of them take place in BKK?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I'm Dutch and a Die Hard Liverpool fan and i have a thai wife and we have 1 daughter.

We have a house in Sukhothai but we are living in the nord of Holland, i'm 40 years young.

2 weeks ago i was with some dutch liverpool fans @ anfield to watch Liverpool West Brom.

I was sitting @ The Kop row 65 richt in the middle behind the goal. I had a great time.

It was the second time watching a game @Anfield, First time was in 1994 Liverpool Newcastle one off the last games with the old Kop. The first time i saw liverpool play in holland was in 1984 in Rotterdam against Feijenoord. Maybe i'm back in may in liverpool to win the Premier League after 20 years, just wait and see.

2 januari we are in Thailand for 6 weeks.

Yes Oldgit it's me, See you in 6 weeks time.

Hope to get some good information about Thailand on Thaivisa

See Ya :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Welcome Macclad, sure you'll enjoy the banter in here. There are quite a few here who know each other personally. so sometimes things may seem a bit strange.

Which gets even stranger when you know them personally :D

mrbojangles,

Tell you something that is strange.......

Your locations show Manchester,Chaiyaphum,Jomtien.

My wifes family are from Chaiyaphum,been there quite a few times :P also we go to Jomtien for at least 2 weeks every year.....staying just off Soi 5.

From Spotland to Chaiyaphum,eh :burp:

Yeah Macc. My Mrs now lives with me in Rochdale but we have land etc in Chaiyaphum and her family live up that way. We go to Thailand about 2 or 3 times per year and as well as visiting Chaiyaphum, we stay in Jomtien. In fact, i just booked my flight last night and i fly on tuesday night :burp: However this is a quick visit, just over 2 weeks, so i won't be going up to Chaiyaphum this time. Where's that 'yippee' emoticon :wai:

Hi Guys

Currently in the UK but moving over there to live and work next week. Will be based in Jomtien initially and can't wait to settle in over there. :D:D

As you can no doubt tell from my Avatar, I am a massive Man United fan. Not too many trips to OT these days, as it is just not the same as in the 70's and 80's (oops giving my age away there) Mainly been concentrating on aways and Euro's for the past 6/7 years. :D Squeaky Bum time now of course in the season, but still hopeful of continued success. :jerk:

Small world Mrbojangles, I am living a mile or so from Spotland at present on Norden Road in Bamford.

Hope to share the banter in the months ahead :o

Johnty

Just noticed today that there are quite a few visitors to the forum, who don't usually post. We like the football banter on here and the more the merrier.

So come on, introduce yourself and tell us who your favourite team is. It always helps if we know who we all support when it comes to a bit of banter.

Jockstar, could you make this a sticky?

I'll start,

Fav team= Manchester City. Discussion thread here:- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...&start=1600

However, i now live in Rochdale, so they are my favourite lower league team. Well, maybe not favourite but i look out for them every week :D Discussions on lower leagues here:- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...5&start=275

National Team:- Intentionally left blank, until i get my head around last nights result :o

Fair invite, thanks

my name = Alant

Fav team= BURNLEY I live in Chiang Mai and am usually the sole person wearing a Burnley shirt.

Unfortunatly as a champlionship team I dont see them on TV often BUT as long as we beat Southampton on Saturday, its the play offs!Will be in Pattaya, Nicks bar this Sat soi 7 if there are any more Clarets around (or Pompey fans given who we are playing) :D

even though i am not a huge fan of soccer, as we call it, i do believe i need to choose a team since i will be spending a lot of time in thailand and always feel left out. I was thinking of "Arsenal" because I have an ifinity for all things artillery and their logo is nice 6lber. What do you think?

even though i am not a huge fan of soccer, as we call it, i do believe i need to choose a team since i will be spending a lot of time in thailand and always feel left out. I was thinking of "Arsenal" because I have an ifinity for all things artillery and their logo is nice 6lber. What do you think?

Nah, not Arsenal. Go for Manchester City and get on the Train to success nice and early :o

Welcome aboard

Small world Mrbojangles, I am living a mile or so from Spotland at present on Norden Road in Bamford.

Hope to share the banter in the months ahead :o

Johnty

I know it well Johnty. Are you near the Grapes Pub?

I'm at the other side of Bamford, near the Dog and Partridge. Although I'm currently living in Saudi, i still have a base there.

• 3 months later...

West Ham, because i am the only Person to have replied to you i think... :)

Edit : You Bar Steward BJ.. :D

Edited by MSingh

West Ham, because i am the only Person to have replied to you i think... :)

Edit : You Bar Steward BJ.. :D

I'm head of recruitment for Middle-Eastlands Singhy :D

• 3 months later...
Welcome Percy2. Watch out for Sunderland, he's known for winding up the Leeds fans a little bit, but he's really a top bloke.

Yes watch out for Sunderland. He saw me wearing a Newcastle Utd top and now he won't speak to me. Wonder why? :)

hi guy's seems to be a lack of scottish supporters on this thread, so i'll start by admitting i'm an aberdeen supporter, mind you we did win the old cup winers cup back in 83 :D (beat real madrid 2-1) and are the only scottish club with two european trohys :D , but sadly those days are gone :D .

anyway the real reason i sent this reply was that i;m in pattaya just now, and we play rangers on saturday 12.45 kick off and its on sky sports, does anyone know any pubs in pattaya that will show the game ?

thanks in anticipation

anyway the real reason i sent this reply was that i;m in pattaya just now, and we play rangers on saturday 12.45 kick off and its on sky sports, does anyone know any pubs in pattaya that will show the game ?

thanks in anticipation

Welcome tibap.

There is a big pub at the top of Soi Diana that will probably show it, can't remember the name but when you go past it you it will be obvious which one it is, as it advertises all the games outside. I would also think the Butchers Arms on Soi Boukhiao will be showing it. To name just 2, of the many possibilities.

Yes watch out for Sunderland. He saw me wearing a Newcastle Utd top and now he won't speak to me. Wonder why? :)

hi guy's seems to be a lack of scottish supporters on this thread, so i'll start by admitting i'm an aberdeen supporter, mind you we did win the old cup winers cup back in 83 :D (beat real madrid 2-1) and are the only scottish club with two european trohys :D , but sadly those days are gone :D .

thanks in anticipation

Welcome mate. Good to see another fellow Scot on board. BTW i hope we beat you on the weekend. :D

Hello to all footie fans here. :)

My name is Hazri. I'm Malaysian. I eat a lot, i smoke a lot, i sleep a lot and i drink...err... occassionally. I support Arsenal. And I support every national team that has a Gunner in it.:D

Cheers and have a nice day. :D

Edited by Hazri

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (LeungKen @ 2007-11-22 12:44:23) post_snapback.gifSo, "C'Mon Aussie C'Mon,C'mon". Even they beat England last time the 2 sides met.............. :)

I didn't know they played soccer in Australia never see it on Television do we even have a local competition.

QUOTE (LeungKen @ 2007-11-22 12:44:23) post_snapback.gifSo, "C'Mon Aussie C'Mon,C'mon". Even they beat England last time the 2 sides met.............. :D

I didn't know they played soccer in Australia never see it on Television do we even have a local competition.

Not lived in Oz for a few years, but SBS was always good for football

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/

Welcome to the Football Forum

and C'mon, Tranmere Rovers, Man United & Perth Glory............... :)