Welcome To The Football Forum

mrbojangles

Morning all.

I'm a Manchester United fan.

I sometimes wind up, I'm sometimes wound up, its all banter and a bit o fun though.

I follow the fortunes of FCUM and Celtic too and, have been known to turn up at both....! United are my first love though and whoever may own them and however high the price may rise and, when priced out, I will still follow them.

YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM MANCHESTER THEN :o

redrus

SS here, originally from Dundee but now located in Nong Bua Lam Phu or "the boony" for short.

A Glasgow Rangers fan but have a soft spot for the blue half of Dundee.

Also have a preference for Chelsea and Liverpool in the EPL.

Welcome Sweaty, there are a fair few of your Countrymen posting in the Footie forum these days.

Got two of them heading over to Toad Hall to watch the footie this evening. :D

Sure you'll enjoy the banter, it's pretty good in this part.

:o:D IT SOUNDS 2 ME UR A LITTLE MIXED UP UV LEFT OUT A FEW TEAMS U DONT SUPPORT :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Afternoon guys,

I'm Macclad and,as my username implies,I'm from Macclesfield in Cheshire.

The last 4 years have been split between Thailand & England but I'm hoping to settle in Thailand now......visa permitting !

I'm married to a Thai girl and we live up in the NE of Thailand,about 50 kilometres from the border with Laos.

I've travelled around a lot of Thailand.....Bangkok,Phuket,Samui,Koh Chang,Hua-Hin,Chiang-Mai,Pattaya,Isaan etc.

I love the football.My favourite Premiership team is Manchester United but as its almost impossible to get a ticket to see them I go and watch my local team Macclesfield Town.

I brought my missus to the UK for a couple of years and I did manage to get her to Old Trafford a couple of times,useing someones season ticket.One was a Champions League match (Lille) and the other a Premier League against Fulham (4-2) and she really enjoyed the experience.

I also took her to watch Macc Town but she was less than enthusiastic for some reason !! :o

Premiership title & Champions League looks like being a bit of a nail biter for United,particularily with Vidic and now Ferdinand injured......shades of last season. :D

And Macc Town look like surviving in the Football League for a 12th season,which is a lot longer than most people,including myself,thought !

Read loads of the posts already and responded to a few.....happy to be part of the forum.

Afternoon guys,

The last 4 years have been split between Thailand & England but I'm hoping to settle in Thailand now......visa permitting !

I'm married to a Thai girl and we live up in the NE of Thailand,about 50 kilometres from the border with Laos.

I've travelled around a lot of Thailand.....Bangkok,Phuket,Samui,Koh Chang,Hua-Hin,Chiang-Mai,Pattaya,Isaan etc.

I love the football.My favourite Premiership team is Manchester United but as its almost impossible to get a ticket to see them I go and watch my local team Macclesfield Town.

I brought my missus to the UK for a couple of years and I did manage to get her to Old Trafford a couple of times,useing someones season ticket.One was a Champions League match (Lille) and the other a Premier League against Fulham (4-2) and she really enjoyed the experience.

I also took her to watch Macc Town but she was less than enthusiastic for some reason !! :D

Premiership title & Champions League looks like being a bit of a nail biter for United,particularily with Vidic and now Ferdinand injured......shades of last season. :D

And Macc Town look like surviving in the Football League for a 12th season,which is a lot longer than most people,including myself,thought !

Read loads of the posts already and responded to a few.....happy to be part of the forum.

Welcome Macclad. :o

Good post and insight to your football leanings Macclad. Welcome to the footy forum, hope to have some banter with you. I'm a City fan BTW. Just for clarity and not bragging :o it's the same City who did the double over you this season :D

I've dragged taken my mrs to a couple of City matches and she loved it. Not managed to convince her of going to watch Rochdale yet :D

Good post and insight to your football leanings Macclad. Welcome to the footy forum, hope to have some banter with you. I'm a City fan BTW. Just for clarity and not bragging :o it's the same City who did the double over you this season :D

I've dragged taken my mrs to a couple of City matches and she loved it. Not managed to convince her of going to watch Rochdale yet :D

Yeah,City have had one decent result in the last 3 months and,sadly,it was against United :D .But City deserved the win....more up for it than the Reds.

Last time I went to Spotland was Easter 2004 to watch a relegation battle between Rochdale & Macc.

Macclesfield won 2-1 with a disputed penalty.Rochdale were staring relegation in the face but managed to survive.......but 4 years on looking good for your boys :D

Last time I went to Spotland was Easter 2004 to watch a relegation battle between Rochdale & Macc.

Macclesfield won 2-1 with a disputed penalty. Rochdale were staring relegation in the face but managed to survive.......but 4 years on looking good for your boys :o

Yep i remember that game. Rochdale have, for many years, been in that position. In fact, i think they should have gone down a few of times in the past but applied for re-election.

Morning all.

I sometimes wind up, I'm sometimes wound up, its all banter and a bit o fun though.

I follow the fortunes of FCUM and Celtic too and, have been known to turn up at both....! United are my first love though and whoever may own them and however high the price may rise and, when priced out, I will still follow them.

YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM MANCHESTER THEN :D

redrus

You're right, I'm not. I was born in Harrogate, moved to Manchester when I was 3 staying for 12 years. I grew up there and am back there as often as I can, I consider it my second/spiritual home.

If I'm not a Manc, I'm an adopted one although, I don't really understand your comment...? :o

redrus

edit; just realised he won't' be answering me either....! :D

Edited by redrus

Morning all.

YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM MANCHESTER THEN :D

redrus

You're right, I'm not. I was born in Harrogate, moved to Manchester when I was 3 staying for 12 years. I grew up there and am back there as often as I can, I consider it my second/spiritual home.

If I'm not a Manc, I'm an adopted one although, I don't really understand your comment...? :o

redrus

edit; just realised he won't' be answering me either....! :D

Wouldn't worry, I'd very much doubt that he is a "Yid", or should I say was. :D

Afternoon guys,

I also took her to watch Macc Town but she was less than enthusiastic for some reason !! :D

Welcome Macclad, I remember going up to Moss Rose a few years ago now in the away end chearing Lincoln on !! (I have freinds from Lincoln) it chucked it down all 90 mins & was soaked to the skin for hours. Nice few boozers though near the train staition sticks out in the memory. :o

Any other "Canaries" on here?

There's a few "sharks" amongst the members though :D

And "VILLAGE PEOPLE" too :D:D Welcome.

ps If in BKK come to one of our fotball nights out or as Chavey wold say a sleep in :o

BT

Afternoon guys,

Welcome Macclad, I remember going up to Moss Rose a few years ago now in the away end chearing Lincoln on !! (I have freinds from Lincoln) it chucked it down all 90 mins & was soaked to the skin for hours. Nice few boozers though near the train staition sticks out in the memory. :o

Cheers chavy,

Macc have now got the ex Lincoln boss,Keith Alexander,as their manager.

From being almost relegation certainties with 1 win in 18,theyve picked up 14 points in the last 8 games since he took over and are all but safe......amazing what a change of manager does !

The away end hasnt changed,youll be pleased to know :D but plenty of good pubs in Macc....great for a night out or downing a few beers before the match. :D

Welcome Macclad, sure you'll enjoy the banter in here. There are quite a few here who know each other personally. so sometimes things may seem a bit strange.

Which gets even stranger when you know them personally :o

mrbojangles,

Tell you something that is strange.......

Your locations show Manchester,Chaiyaphum,Jomtien.

My wifes family are from Chaiyaphum,been there quite a few times :D also we go to Jomtien for at least 2 weeks every year.....staying just off Soi 5.

From Spotland to Chaiyaphum,eh :D

Welcome Macclad, sure you'll enjoy the banter in here. There are quite a few here who know each other personally. so sometimes things may seem a bit strange.

mrbojangles,

Tell you something that is strange.......

Your locations show Manchester,Chaiyaphum,Jomtien.

My wifes family are from Chaiyaphum,been there quite a few times :D also we go to Jomtien for at least 2 weeks every year.....staying just off Soi 5.

From Spotland to Chaiyaphum,eh :D

Yeah Macc. My Mrs now lives with me in Rochdale but we have land etc in Chaiyaphum and her family live up that way. We go to Thailand about 2 or 3 times per year and as well as visiting Chaiyaphum, we stay in Jomtien. In fact, i just booked my flight last night and i fly on tuesday night :D However this is a quick visit, just over 2 weeks, so i won't be going up to Chaiyaphum this time. Where's that 'yippee' emoticon :D

:D

Don't tell them that I escaped from Hospital. :D

• 3 months later...

Hi Everone,

just wondering if there are anymore Rotherham United (nil) Fans in Thailand, or am i the only one as usual when i move country. Be great to hear from anymore, even better if your in chiang mai, think that may be pushing it a little though.

cheers

ThaiMiller

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

Regular visitor to Thailand (tourist type) would love to settle someday but getting too long in the tooth - some of my family might though.

Glasgow Celtic Supporter, don't appear to be many around ThaiVisa, mind you not too many in my part of Scotland either, anyway I enjoy

your forum

Hi folks

Regular visitor to Thailand (tourist type) would love to settle someday but getting too long in the tooth - some of my family might though.

Glasgow Celtic Supporter, don't appear to be many around ThaiVisa, mind you not too many in my part of Scotland either, anyway I enjoy

your forum

Welcome. :D :D

Well you've got the Uber Mod on your side, Sockjar sorry, Jockstar....! :o You'll be well looked after in ere..

redrus

Hi folks

your forum

Welcome to the forum scotwumman.

• 2 months later...
Looking forward to it guys. Have noticed a reluctance from supporters of the "other" Scottish team to make themselves known!!!

Good! The b*st*rds seem to be everywhere, we might get a bit of peace on here.

Despite being from Anfield I am an Evertonian, and despite that I am a Glasgow Rangers supporter. (All Scots fellers can now do a double take - see it ain't the same!)

But am getting old and mellow and can even tolerate kopites and their team nowadays, well as long as they don't actually win anything important that is .

Despite being from Anfield I am an Evertonian, and despite that I am a Glasgow Rangers supporter. (All Scots fellers can now do a double take - see it ain't the same!)

Welcome to the footy forum, you obviously like the BLUE colour - but at least your not a chelski fan as well, :D

BT :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hello chaps,

Good to see some footie banter, I've recently moved to Thailand from London, am a Gooner, and a particularly happy at the moment after yesterday's result.

Am missing my football - does anyone know of any Farang-friendly leagues in Saraburi or nearby area? Am at a loss short of turning out for the father-in-law's work team.

Still can't believe Peter Reid is the national coach here!!