Black List - Immigration

captainkeith

It's a long story but I was told I am on the Thailand immigration blacklist and will be arrested if I return to the Kingdom. I do believe that I am NOT on the list and am being lied to. BUT I can't take the chance when I return in January. Do you know of a way one can check to see if he's on the "list".

I don't know much about immigration laws, but to be denied entry and to have a warrant out for your arrest seem to differ greatly in gravity. If it is the latter, then calling immigration could be setting yourself up for a sting.

If you could give a hint as to the nature of your transgression, perhaps someone could speculate on the risk involved.

Edited by B Fuddled

If he is on the blacklist then I can't see any reason why Thai officials wouldn't tell him over the phone. If like you say he is wanted by them then that maybe a different matter.

Who told you that you were blacklisted and how do they know?

If you haven't committed any crime then don't worry too much. The police here will need some proof and confirmation that you have in fact committed a crime.

Lets say that you left some incriminating evidence in a room/house that could be linked to yourself and the police may have searched there, then there is a strong possibility of them wanting to follow/speak to you next time you enter the kingdom. However a lot of people do slip threw the net so to speak.

You will have to make that call yourself.

The long story you mentioned will please most TV members as they like a good yarn.

Hope it all works out.

CC.