News From The England Football Camp.

rtaxron

Latest News!!!!!

England are going to change their shirt emblem.

The Three lions will be replaced by three tampons to represent the worst ****ing period they have ever had.

Not even original.

But funny (and quite apropos) if you ain't heard it before.

The Telegraph online are having a 'What's wrong with British football?' whine-in, adding Scotland's exit from the competition earlier and lamenting no British teams next year. Buggerall wrong with SCOTTISH football mate! Pipped at the post in a group that contained former European and current World Champions and moving up +70 places in the world rankings in the past 18 months.

Wotcher mate! The Tartan Army is getting restless.

Edited by NanLaew

To be honest, I was hoping for England not to make it. And now that they haven't, I'm thinking more, "Oh my God, ...". Not having England qualify makes it feel like it's not even a proper tournament (no, I'm not British and have no "qualifications" to speak about football). I dunno, it's like a World War without the USA, know what I mean?

To be honest, I was hoping for England not to make it. And now that they haven't, I'm thinking more, "Oh my God, ...". Not having England qualify makes it feel like it's not even a proper tournament (no, I'm not British and have no "qualifications" to speak about football). I dunno, it's like a World War without the USA, know what I mean?

No, they failed to make it to a major tournament in the 1970's under their own steam (their qualification for the World Cup in 1970 was because they were the holders).

They also missed out for qualification in 1984 and for the World Cup in 1994.

Most countries would have thought it a blessing they never qualified because of the England fans' behaviour abroad.

I didn't really start watching "football" until I lived in Estonia (for a decade). The bars had mainly England playing on the TV and if Estonia were playing they were relegated to a TV in the corner. Granted, Estonians could watch at home for free but the point is, for me, England and football became synonymous. It's nice to see change but sometimes when it happens, it's not as pleasant that you first would have thought. If football/soccer were as advertiser dependent as "football" in America, FIFA would be weeping at England not qualifying. At leat over here I won't notice it as much as the matches start so late.

Look at the bright site. There's not going to be any hooligans and football violence. Plus they save tons of money on beer... (just a thought)

What will they do with that saved money? Take their stag parties on tour, maybe to...THAILAND! - there's your connection to this forum other than the hundreds if not thousands of Brit members.

No, they failed to make it to a major tournament in the 1970's under their own steam (their qualification for the World Cup in 1970 was because they were the holders).

Most countries would have thought it a blessing they never qualified because of the England fans' behaviour abroad.

In the 1970's Scotland were the best UK team by a mile. Now, Scotland are a much better team than England. I really don't know why England are expected to do well as they don't have any decent players for a country of 50 million people. It seems to be only Asian people who actually cheer England, all Europeans always want them to lose, I wonder why?

Now we know the real truth...

Anthem gaffe 'lifted Croatia'

Croatia rose to the occasion in their crucial Euro 2008 defeat of England - after an apparent X-rated gaffe by an English opera singer at Wembley.

Tony Henry belted out a version of the Croat anthem before the 80,000 crowd, but made a blunder at the end.

He should have sung 'Mila kuda si plania' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7109058.stm

In the 1970's Scotland were the best UK team by a mile. Now, Scotland are a much better team than England. I really don't know why England are expected to do well as they don't have any decent players for a country of 50 million people. It seems to be only Asian people who actually cheer England, all Europeans always want them to lose, I wonder why?

They are too bloody arrogant. They think they still are the football king around but in fact almost all european teams can beat them now. They are not creative enough and think shouting screaming and pushing is going to get them somewhere.

Sure Football was invented by English and Golf by Scots. Isn't it bitter sweet that after hundread years someone beats you in your own game and you don't get any royalties...? Thailand pretty much invented elephant polo and i doubt they ever got it patented with a security that they would succeed.

At the end players make the difference.

Now we know the real truth...
Anthem gaffe 'lifted Croatia'

Croatia rose to the occasion in their crucial Euro 2008 defeat of England - after an apparent X-rated gaffe by an English opera singer at Wembley.

Tony Henry belted out a version of the Croat anthem before the 80,000 crowd, but made a blunder at the end.

He should have sung 'Mila kuda si plania' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7109058.stm

maybe it was a mistake, but just maybe the guy was bragging :o

I really do cringe when i seen this post, why do english people always have to talk about themselves here on an international forum about thailand?

so now we will have more skin head shirt less english men with numerous tattoos in pattaya offering 500 baht for sex with some girl next summer, great! so sorry for my generalization.

Look at the bright site. There's not going to be any hooligans and football violence.

I think you will find that there are "Hooligans" from other countries too. Italians being the more noticable recently.

no hooligans!!!! you are so far off the mark.

england are tame,compared to the likes of poland and russia,italy are quite bad,but dont travel in huge numbers.

and as for the turks,the biggest bunch of murdering cowards out there.no fists and all knifes!!! (my local pub landlord murdered by them when leeds went to galatasar*y)

:D :D :D :D

Trust you to jump on the bandwagon. :o

No matter how crap England appear to be to knobs who don't know what they're talking about, they're never going to be as weak as the sweaty socks now are they! You lot would have to be playing out of your skins to beat the worst England performance, or hope that we go easy on you to smooth over past injustices as with certain previous encounters.

they don't have any decent players for a country of 50 million people

Now you're really embarrassing yourself. Population doesn't have much to do with quality - a typical naive perception. Look at the Chinese and football, New Zealand and rugby.

Europeans always want them to lose, I wonder why?

Insecurity

At the end of the day, Euro 2008 won't be the same without England as everyone wants to beat the creator of the 'beautiful game' and no other country provides as much incentive for teams to up their work-rate. That's not arrogance, that's just the way it is. Btw, the hooliganism will still be there; keep your eyes firmly on the Ruskies :bah:

:D:D:D:D

Trust you to jump on the bandwagon. :o

No matter how crap England appear to be to knobs who don't know what they're talking about, they're never going to be as weak as the sweaty socks now are they! You lot would have to be playing out of your skins to beat the worst England performance, or hope that we go easy on you to smooth over past injustices as with certain previous encounters.

they don't have any decent players for a country of 50 million people

Now you're really embarrassing yourself. Population doesn't have much to do with quality - a typical naive perception. Look at the Chinese and football, New Zealand and rugby.

Europeans always want them to lose, I wonder why?

Insecurity

At the end of the day, Euro 2008 won't be the same without England as everyone wants to beat the creator of the 'beautiful game' and no other country provides as much incentive for teams to up their work-rate. That's not arrogance, that's just the way it is. Btw, the hooliganism will still be there; keep your eyes firmly on the Ruskies :bah:

and the dutch ....

At the end of the day, Euro 2008 won't be the same without England as everyone wants to beat the creator of the 'beautiful game' and no other country provides as much incentive for teams to up their work-rate. That's not arrogance, that's just the way it is.

You still don't get it, do you? No one gives a fuc_k about England. Unlike Asia, Europeans have their own teams to cheer.