What's Your Speed?

ChiangMaiThai

If you've got a moment, please go to speakeasy.net, click on SPEED TEST in the bottom right hand corner and then choose the New York server. Please post your results here, in addition to your Internet package and where you are in Thailand.

I'm in Chiang Mai using the 'high speed' wireless connection provided by my condo. In the morning, I get 380 kbps download and 120 upload. In the evening, I get 50 download and 120 upload....

Sorry I didn't post the results using your suggested speed test. (FYI: Speakeasy results were 1020 down / 169 up but you have to take my word for it.)

This site, Speedtest.net, provides a URL to post the test results (the picture you see) directly into the forum. In addition to the up/down speeds, it also gives the time, your ISP, server, ping, and distance. I am in Chiang Mai.

204998624.png

Thing is, with True's lines, it is hit and miss. It's hard to get a good indicator of the speeds, since it fluctuates on a random basis. If it were to fluctuate based on working hours and such, that would be predictable, but for my line, it may be miserable for days, then awesome for days, then just so-so for weeks, then miserable for a few days, etc. etc. I could give you 3 very different results taken on 3 separate days of the month. When it's awesome, I get the full 2.5 megabits. When it's miserable, I may lucky to get 100kbits.

Download speeds from NY server

IPStar 512 connection. Location in Pattaya.

Results are very variable depending on the time of day. Worse during the day better after 1900hrs.

1/11/07...384...1840hrs

4/11/07...428...1830hrs

6/11/07...411...1850hrs

7/11/07...346...1850hrs

18/11/07...329...1905hrs

19/11/07...473...1900hrs

20/11/07...227...1015hrs

21/11/07...155...2000hrs

22/11/07...489...1905hrs

23/11/07...147....1300hours

I do this most days with all the servers off speakeasy and the average DL speed this month on all of them all is 334 any help at all?

Edited by Rimmer

I am in Chiang Mai also .. I just got 1574 down and 610 up on speakeasy.. while doing this test I had some music streaming down and seeding a couple of torrents (only at 15KBs up)

I can get a full 200+KBs using a newsgroup sever based in the US.

I am using Hi-net from CAT 2Mb (1000 baht a month)

If you've got a moment, please go to speakeasy.net, click on SPEED TEST in the bottom right hand corner and then choose the New York server. Please post your results here, in addition to your Internet package and where you are in Thailand.

I'm in Chiang Mai using the 'high speed' wireless connection provided by my condo. In the morning, I get 380 kbps download and 120 upload. In the evening, I get 50 download and 120 upload....

On a side note, anybody (on anything other than True) able to use WinMX on your ISP? With True, I can't even connect to the servers. I'd really like to know which ISP works without having to subscribe and experiment myself.

Before anyone says anything, the official WinMX servers were taken down some time ago, but there are now servers run by 3rd parties, and so it still works (using some tweaked clients).

On a side note, anybody (on anything other than True) able to use WinMX on your ISP? With True, I can't even connect to the servers. I'd really like to know which ISP works without having to subscribe and experiment myself.

Before anyone says anything, the official WinMX servers were taken down some time ago, but there are now servers run by 3rd parties, and so it still works (using some tweaked clients).

Oh. I like that post's where someone want something and say in the same moment the servers are down for which he want the info, as stated above, talk then from some other servers without to give a name, location or other details and want other to experiment because himself don't want to do so!

How is it spell right if you want to do some work: Let me work or let my work? The answer is very easy: Let others work!

Before anyone start complaining about my speech you should know the the poster of this (quoted) post has blocked my post's and topics because he do NOT want I post IT news on this forum and I received a bunch of PM's from him trying to push me in HIM's direction! By the way, my answer's to him's PM's was even send to the Admin of this forum!

205324183.png

Sat 24 November 13.00 - not bad for a Chiang Mai TOT ADSL that's nominally 256k.

13.10 - via your suggested New York server:

Download Speed: 90 kbps (11.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 100 kbps (12.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

No clue what about the difference or what causes it.

Edited by Steve2UK