Favorite Korean Restaurants?

Macx

Not sure why, but I suddenly have a serious craving for Korean food.

Does anyone know of a good Korean restaurant in Phuket?

What about the one in Central Festival, next to the Food Court? It's always empty though.

Thanks!

The name is Mugunwa (or something like it). I have always enjoyed it there, fresh gimchi, etc. They are full in the evenings with the Korean tourists.

Another good one, albeit pricey, is by the Jee Teng complex in Phuket town. forgot the name, but they offer bbq there.

Most of my Korean friends go to that one.

The name is Mugunwa (or something like it). I have always enjoyed it there, fresh gimchi, etc. They are full in the evenings with the Korean tourists.

Another good one, albeit pricey, is by the Jee Teng complex in Phuket town. forgot the name, but they offer bbq there.

Most of my Korean friends go to that one.

Great! Thanks! Will stop in for a bite on your recommendation.

Been awhile since I had kimchee soup and bulbogi.

Not sure why, but I suddenly have a serious craving for Korean food.

Yes I heard there was some illness going around.

Seriously Korean cuisine has to one of the worst cuisines of the world.

But if you insist there is a passable Korean place on 200 pee rd in Patong, near soi Kepsak next to the Bali Hai massage.

The bulgogi at Mugunwa is excellent. Gently spiced, ginger, etc etc. Nice beef. Unlimited servings of the little dishes, if over 200B per dish.

I buy my kilo of kimchi at a local Korean grocery shop. To die for! 170 baht.

Sorry to jump in, could you give me location of your local Korean shop :o

Sure, Phuket Town. Dowroong Village on one side and Dowroong School across... So head towards Chalong from the two Dowroongs. Go about 200 metres, it will be on the left, NEXT TO THE PET SHOP. The pet shop has many colored cages outside. Very friendly place, also. If you reach the traffic light (3 way), you have gone too far.

The Korean "7 11" is well stocked with all things Korean. Very pricey, but the kimchi is spot on! Do not keep longer than two weeks, unless you want to taste the fermented kimchi, which a lot of Koreans prefer.