Best Quick And Easy Escape From Bangkok?

Dancali

What recommendations do you all have?

I want just a relatively short drive, little hassles, and fresh air.

I plan on heading to Pataya this weekend. Sounds about right. Hop on the bus and head over there. Pop into a hotel and you're set.

What other options are there? I've also been to Hua Hin and Cha Am and found Pataya more interesting.

It doesn't need to be a beach.

Thanks.

I plan on heading to Pataya this weekend. Sounds about right. Hop on the bus and head over there. Pop into a hotel and you're set.

What other options are there? I've also been to Hua Hin and Cha Am and found Pataya more interesting.

Thanks.

Kanchanaburi or Khao Yai during rainy season is quite a peacful and beautiful time to go but you will need your own car.

For beach destination, there's Ko Chang or Rayong/Ko Samet.

I plan on heading to Pataya this weekend.  Sounds about right.  Hop on the bus and head over there.  Pop into a hotel and you're set. 

What other options are there?  I've also been to Hua Hin and Cha Am and found Pataya more interesting. 

Thanks.

:D:o:D

Kanchanaburi as hkthai mentioned. Only 2 and a bit hours West of BKK. :wub:

Have a look and see for yourself. -_-

Just posted this on another Fred :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15317

And welcome to the Land of Peace & Love :(

Kan Win :D

I suggest that you go to Sukhothai. While there stay at the Orchid Hibiscus Guest House (http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/orchid_hibiscus/index.html) rent a bicycle for transportation and enjoy a leisure weekend. When going there, fly if at all possible, the airline will take you right to the doorstep of this place. I promise that you will not regret it. And tell Paolo and Ping (the owner) that I said hello. :o

1) Fly to Mae Hong Song for the weekend. Nice and temperate up in the hills.

2) Fly to Chiang Mai and stay at the 4 Seasons Resort(formerly the Regent), truly magnificent luxury "Lanna" vibe ! You might be able to get a 2 night package. Heaps to do in and around the Mae Sa valley aswell.

NedKelly: I know it's not cool to like Pattaya, but I remember it as being just fine. I spent less time there than other places in the area (e.g. Hua Hin) so perhaps the 24 hours I was there wasn't enough to convince me otherwise.

BTW, my interest in Pattaya has nothing to do with the sex tourism side of things. I went last time with a Thai nurse and her friends, and this time I'm going with my normal Thai gf of a year.

Lots of good ideas on this thread! Every month or two I need to get away and these all sound nice.

.. I would hardly call Pattaya an escape from the hustle and bustle.... why not travel a bit further and visit Koh Samet or a little bit further again and visit Koh Chang, these are definately places to relax and unwind.

Nobody was suggesting that you were going to Pattaya for the "sex scene", but I'm not sure Pattaya fits your requirements of a " little hassles and fresh air" escape from Bangkok. But each to their own. :o

Wherever you go, have a good un... :D

totster

Definately Kanchanburi. Takes two hours by coach or train. The train is very scenic. Once there, there is just enough to see in two days and two nights. The bridge over the River Kwai; the river itself, which is very beautiful surrounded by countryside; two war cemetaries, and two war museums, all very relaxing and interesting. The town is friendly. Can hire a bicycle to get around.