Bolton Wanderers FC.

fletchsmile

Bolton 1 Man U 0

:o

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Gener...0.html#continue

Gary Meggson recorded his first win as manager of the Club with Wanderer's first league win on home soil against Manchester United in almost 30 years.... against a side they hadn't beaten in Bolton since 1978.

Excellent performance tonight :D

A tough year for Bolton fans, and a tough year for Thailand. Losing Big Sam, then little Sam. Bottom for a couple of weeks. Nine games without a win and now this.................... :D:D:bah:

Maybe I'll ask my wife to run in the elections next month..... :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game.

United huffed and puffed but could not blow your house down

Well done on a solid performance.

Why was Fergie in the stands...was he banned from the touchline?

He was sent of at half time for having a go at Clatenburg about some decisions he had made.

I watched the game.

He was sent of at half time for having a go at Clatenburg about some decisions he had made.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on referee Mark Clattenburg:

"I told the referee what I thought - some referees don't like it. They don't like the truth.

"But I just told him how bad he was in the first-half.

"I know Bolton are battling for their lives at the bottom but they were a bit aggressive and we were looking for some protection from the referee."

I watched the game.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on referee Mark Clattenburg:

"I told the referee what I thought - some referees don't like it. They don't like the truth.

"But I just told him how bad he was in the first-half.

"I know Bolton are battling for their lives at the bottom but they were a bit aggressive and we were looking for some protection from the referee."

I guess the old guy's eyesight is failing. The game I saw ManU gave as good as they got in the agression and fouls department. 17 fouls by Bolton and 14 by ManU. As usual ManU got away with most of theirs. 3 yellow cards for Bolton and 0 for ManU. Most of the fouls were pretty minor, but probably the worst tackle of the match went unpunished: Evra's tackle from begind on Kevin Davies. Ref gave Evra a talking to for a couple of minutes, then awarded the free kick without a card.

Still 1 - 0 though :o

Edited by fletchthai68

Clatenburk is a <deleted> ref, but United got what they desreved, which was nothing. Plenty of possesion, chances (Tevez open goal for one), JJ made some good saves, but in the end you have to put the ball in the net. I could tell at half time it was going to beone of those nightsd. Thought United looked better once Anderson came on, but realistically, a little bit of complacency last night IMHO. Well done Bolton, stuck the task and did what they had to do, with the players that they have. :o

What a difference a week makes. 4-0 thrashing at Anfield. The wife also said she's not interested in running in the elections either, as she's too busy.

On the positive side, we've just moved into our new condo. I was hoping to be able to see the game last night, with my own beer, in my own home, in front of my own TV - I haven't been able to do that for years. Given the result perhaps as well I didn't. We're back to having no cable TV and no internet connection, so might not happen for a while.

BTW Anyone got any recommendations for what to buy as a cable package? Mainly want the football. Seems to need Gold or possibly Platinum. Is there any choice other than True?

BTW2 Any advice on internet connections? Can't do my Fantasy Football team from home any more either. :o

Edited by fletchsmile

What a difference a week makes. 4-0 thrashing at Anfield. The wife also said she's not interested in running in the elections either, as she's too busy.

On the positive side, we've just moved into our new condo. I was hoping to be able to see the game last night, with my own beer, in my own home, in front of my own TV - I haven't been able to do that for years. Given the result perhaps as well I didn't. We're back to having no cable TV and no internet connection, so might not happen for a while.

BTW Anyone got any recommendations for what to buy as a cable package? Mainly want the football. Seems to need Gold or possibly Platinum. Is there any choice other than True?

BTW2 Any advice on internet connections? Can't do my Fantasy Football team from home any more either. :o

For cable get UBC with the gold package.

For internet go with TOT.

Once you get on the dog and bone you should have cable and internet in less than a week fletch :D .

scousemouse.

Once you get on the dog and bone you should have cable and internet in less than a week fletch :D .

scousemouse.

Thanks for the note. Actually we don't have the dog and bone connected yet either! :o . Will probably just go into a shopping mall in person or get the Mrs to call.

It seemed to me that Gold has 5 sport channels. Platinum has 2 extra sports channels. True Sport 1 Extra and True Sport 2 Extra. What are these for?

BTW I have a black box / decoder I used a couple of years back prior to True. Anyone know where I could get it repaired or if it would still work if I did.

Excellent 4-1 win over the Latics. Takes us out of the relgation zone. Only 1 loss now in the last 8 games, and with Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool out of the way, we've an easier run coming up.

Looking forward to taking on Thaksin's boys this weekend. Hopefully he'll play a few Thais who can't take a real man's game up in the cold, wet NorthWest. :o

Looking forward to taking on Thaksin's boys this weekend. Hopefully he'll play a few Thais who can't take a real man's game up in the cold, wet NorthWest. :D

Let's hope we retain our 100% home record this weekend :D

Oh and i think Elano is back :D

Have to say, that I was sceptical of Megsons appointment, but he has done a good job so far. If Chavy's reading this he'll be choking on his beer. :D

MrBoj, did any of those Thai players actually get a WP? It's all gone a bit quiet over here about it. :o

MrBoj, did any of those Thai players actually get a WP? It's all gone a bit quiet over here about it. :o

Not too sure on the full in's and out's but the full Thai national team are over here at the minute. They arrived yesterday and are training with City at the Carrington ground. They are then palying the City reserve side on sunday.

scousemouse.

Thanks for the note. Actually we don't have the dog and bone connected yet either! :D . Will probably just go into a shopping mall in person or get the Mrs to call.

It seemed to me that Gold has 5 sport channels. Platinum has 2 extra sports channels. True Sport 1 Extra and True Sport 2 Extra. What are these for?

BTW I have a black box / decoder I used a couple of years back prior to True. Anyone know where I could get it repaired or if it would still work if I did.

The 2 extra sports channels you get with the platinum package show the smaller live games , e.g Derby v Fulham , Bolton v Everton :D , Wigan v Birmingham , Sunderland v Reading etc.....

When did this thread get changed to the Bolton Wandereres thread :o:D .

Looking forward to taking on Thaksin's boys this weekend. Hopefully he'll play a few Thais who can't take a real man's game up in the cold, wet NorthWest. :D

Let's hope we retain our 100% home record this weekend :D

Oh and i think Elano is back :D

Have to say, that I was sceptical of Megsons appointment, but he has done a good job so far. If Chavy's reading this he'll be choking on his beer. :D

Yes can't say I was overly enthusiastic when Megson was appointed. His track record was taking teams down :bah: . But he's instilled a team spirit again, and the players almost know what they're doing again. Also brought Campo back which has made a difference. So full marks to Megson for proving most people wrong.

The 2 extra sports channels you get with the platinum package show the smaller live games , e.g Derby v Fulham , Bolton v Everton :D , Wigan v Birmingham , Sunderland v Reading etc.....

When did this thread get changed to the Bolton Wandereres thread :o:D .

So that means the key games like Bolton v ManU will be on the main channels. Excellent. I wouldn't want to miss another 1-0 vistory over ManU :D

The thread title was changed via the kind powers that be. I spotted a niche market, that there was no Bolton Wanderers thread. As this started with the 1-0 victory over ManU (did I mention that before? :D ) it seemed the best way to kick off.

We then had a vote of the myriad of Bolton fans I've met in Thailand, and the motion was carried approving me to carry the flag, as follows:

In favour: 2 votes: me and my wife

Seemingly in favour: 1 votes: though as a 1 year old she just giggles, smiles and garbles unintelligibly

Absent with apologies: 1 vote as I couldn't contact

Seemingly in favour: 1 votes: though as a 1 year old she just giggles, smiles and garbles unintelligibly

In that case "vote carried"

Now, as the Bolton flag flyer in thailand, do a proper job and post news and updates :o:D

Now, as the Bolton flag flyer in thailand, do a proper job and post news and updates :D:D

It's all up to you now fletch :D , Bolton is waiting :o .

Now, as the Bolton flag flyer in thailand, do a proper job and post news and updates :D:D

It's all up to you now fletch :D , Bolton is waiting :o .

Oh, the pressure of it all :D

It's all up to you now fletch :bah: , Bolton is waiting :o .

Oh, the pressure of it all :bah:

:D I reckon it will be an entertaining thread, what with the transfer window coming up, and Anelka protesting that he doesn't want to move. :D

Some big UEFA Cup games tomorrow, even tho' Bolton themselves are not playing. Currently top of Group F, and looking well placed. Unbeaten I might add. We've played a game more than anyone else, with 6 points from 4 games and now need to sit and wait.

Unless Aris Salonika and Bayern Munich draw, combined with Braga beating Red Star Belgrade by more than 2 goals we'll finish in Top 3 and be OK. Tottenham and Everton are both top of their Groups and should be thru, so it'd be great if Bolton could keep the flag flying high in Europe.

Edited by fletchsmile