Good Place To Meet At Airport?

mikemellow

After getting off an international flight where is a good place to meet local Thai wait for you at Suvamabhumi airport?

The meeting area is on level 3 (floor between departure and arrivals). It's also the floor that connects to the parking

with a walkway. Further plans at : http://www.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/sun/map3.asp?lang=en.

Hope to have helped

onzestan

After getting off an international flight where is a good place to meet local Thai wait for you at Suvamabhumi airport?

The meeting area is on level 3 (floor between departure and arrivals). It's also the floor that connects to the parking

with a walkway. Further plans at : http://www.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/sun/map3.asp?lang=en.

Hope to have helped

onzestan

that does help thank you----any idea how to find out what shop or restaurant is on each side of this meeting area??

thanks again

Hope to have helped

onzestan

that does help thank you----any idea how to find out what shop or restaurant is on each side of this meeting area??

thanks again

Passed there last monday. There are coffeeshops either side but don't remember the names. Anyway it's right smack in the middle.

cheers

onzestan

After dozens of meet & greets I've found it easiest to choose a level and a door to arrange a meet. There are ten (10) doors on levels 1,2 & 4, numbered from one to ten, left to right if outside facing the entrance. Since Arrivals and taxis are both on level 2 I usually choose "level 2, door #4" (more or less in the middle of the trerminal and between exits B & C both of which are used for international arrivals), outside of which is one of the official metered taxi stands. You can of course choose any level or door number.

After dozens of meet & greets I've found it easiest to choose a level and a door to arrange a meet. There are ten (10) doors on levels 1,2 & 4, numbered from one to ten, left to right if outside facing the entrance. Since Arrivals and taxis are both on level 2 I usually choose "level 2, door #4" (more or less in the middle of the trerminal and between exits B & C both of which are used for international arrivals), outside of which is one of the official metered taxi stands. You can of course choose any level or door number.

Thanks. Sounds easy. Do you know where door 4 goes? does it have any other name? none of the airport maps Ive found list door numbers or even exits B & C.

Thanks. Sounds easy. Do you know where door 4 goes? does it have any other name? none of the airport maps Ive found list door numbers or even exits B & C.

I can't recall which web site I snatched this map from, but if you have sharp eyes you can see the doors to the outside labeled 1 through 10. They are clearly marked (above the door I believe?) on both the inside and outside with the number.

Also, on this map you can see the three Immigrations lobbies in orange in the top third of the map near the center. If you make note of the baggage carousels behind the Immigrations booths it can help you find the other two lobbies. (If you are at one lobby, you might not be sure if the other lobbies are to the left or right of the one you are standing, since you can't see them.)

One Immigrations lobby is behind carousels 6-9, the center lobby is behind carousels 10-14, and the other lobby is behind carousels 20-22. So if you find yourself facing a crowded lobby, check the carousel numbers behind it and then seek out the other two lobbies. Without fail when I've arrived and seen long queues for Immigrations, I head for another lobby and it is usually near-empty. No guarantees, of course, but worth checking out.

As far as the A, B and C exit doors from the Customs Hall into the meet-and-greet lobby, they are not marked on the map. The A exit is for domestic arrivals, and is the exit from the green-shaded area (carousels 1-6). The B exit is opposite carousels 10-14. The C exit is opposite carousels 20-21. I *think* they are labelled on the public side, but not sure if they are labelled on the Customs side.

post-33251-1196062212_thumb.jpg

I *think* they are labelled on the public side, but not sure if they are labelled on the Customs side.

Yes they are clearly labeled land-side. In fact this is exactly how greeters know which exit you are likely to use as this information is posted on the gigantic flight information board land-side. Greeters need only look up at the board, identify the flight number and then see which exit will be used. Note that this information is based on the expected luggage carousel number, and is subject to change. Hence I always choose the door/floor method. The door numbers are clearly labeled, inside and out, on levels 1, 2 & 4. (no exit on level 3). Note that some doors, at least two, are not in use, but you can still meet at one.

I only mentioned exits B and C as the OP said he had an international arrival. As someone else mentioned, domestic arrivals use exit A, which is at the far left-hand side of the main passenger terminal building if outside and facing it, near to doors 1 - 3.

Just like to second the meeting at A door sugestion.

My first meeting was not arranged to meet anywere.

I walked for miles and miles before we met. The second time we aranged a Door No on a Floor

Get them right and you cant go wrong. Also there are seats near every door so its no hardship.

And if she wants to go to the toilet dont worry just wait she can come back as long as you know Door No

Just one question if this is your first meeting will you Know her?

and dont say sure she is good looking. The place is full of good looking girls

anyway all the best

• 2 weeks later...

I always tell arriving guests to exit via Door C where I will meet them. This is convenient for an exit through Doors 9 or 10 and as soon as my guest exits from Customs I call my driver to meet us with the car at Door 10 which is the last Door you pass when driving out. This avoids the chaotic congestion of cars picking up passengers around the “earlier” doors – my driver simply by-passes them all on the right and slips easily into the curb at Door 10.

When I used to travel a lot on business I would never consent to be met “outside Starbucks” or wherever – much better to be met at an exit point immediately after Customs so there is no possibility of confusion ………… and the nightmare of pushing a loaded Luggage Trolley around a strange airport.

Patrick

When I arrive at Suvarnabhumi and am expecting to be met I always go to .....

"THE MAGIC FOOD POINT"

......on the groung floor where one gets taxis or buses.

It is a large food court with a fabulous range of simple Thai foods.

Soooooooo cheap. Soooooooo tasty

Grab a local paper and head down there.

There is a lift right next door.

The down travellator ends there too.

Mind you, tell ya friends and it will be a simple matter to catch up, chat, sit have a snack, coffee woteva.

Gofrit

Kiwi Pete

Edited by Zpete

......on the groung floor where one gets taxis or buses.

FWIW, the official metered taxi stands moved up to level two (2) ~ two months ago. No sense confusing people. Buses remain on level 1 (ground floor).

Sorry about that.

I was last there beginning Sept.

I will edit, thank you.

If I am still able.

Edited by Zpete

This has been edited from previous post due to update, sorry.

When I arrive at Suvarnabhumi and am expecting to be met I always go to .....

"THE MAGIC FOOD POINT"

......on the ground floor near Gate 8, where one gets the buses.

It is a large food court with a fabulous range of simple Thai foods.

Soooooooo cheap. Soooooooo tasty

Grab a local paper and head down there.

There is a lift right next door.

The down travellator ends there too.

Mind you, tell ya friends and it will be a simple matter to catch up, chat, sit have a snack, coffee woteva.

Gofrit

Kiwi Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kiwi Pete! Forgive my stupidity here. If you meet up at the "Magic Food Point", do you know if I could call my driver who is waiting in the parking lot someplace to drive down there to the ground level to pick us up? Just asking since I've never been down there and don't know if the driver is allowed to stop at the ground level which is normally just for buses isn't it?

Another question which is WAY off topic. Any of you guys know somewhere in the airport that you can use scales to weigh your baggage BEFORE getting to the airline check in counters? Reason I'm asking is that Air Asia only allows 15 KG's total and 4 of us flying will probably have to do some shifting of stuff in luggage in order to fall within these weight limits. Would hate to have to do it at airline check in and delay all the others waiting behind us. Coming from Pattaya to fly Air Asia to Phnom Penh and back, and even after all these years here, I can't think of anywhere in Pattaya to weigh our baggage before going to BKK.

TIA

Edited by jeepholt

met at the starbucks once, no problems except for the overpriced coffee.

easier to say meet at starbucks on the third floor than exit B door 5 or whatever.

Agree with the above. Starbucks works well for me, and is very convenient for the car park level 5.

One problem with meeting on the arrivals level is that it's not always certain which exit the passenger will come out of - for example if the passenger has no checked-in luggage, or if they go walk-about in the luggage area for some reason (such as looking for a toilet).

And pre-arranging to meet at a particular exit might not work - I once arranged to meet someone at exit C, but for some reason they found themselves unable to get there as they had come through the domestic section (even though it was an international flight) and could only get to exit A.

It's a major pain in the neck if they come out of the wrong exit, or you are not sure where they came out, or whether they have come out yet, and you have to keep walking between the exits to check....sitting at Starbucks and waiting with a book is much more satisfactory.

Hi Kiwi Pete! Forgive my stupidity here. If you meet up at the "Magic Food Point", do you know if I could call my driver who is waiting in the parking lot someplace to drive down there to the ground level to pick us up? Just asking since I've never been down there and don't know if the driver is allowed to stop at the ground level which is normally just for buses isn't it?

Another question which is WAY off topic. Any of you guys know somewhere in the airport that you can use scales to weigh your baggage BEFORE getting to the airline check in counters? Reason I'm asking is that Air Asia only allows 15 KG's total and 4 of us flying will probably have to do some shifting of stuff in luggage in order to fall within these weight limits. Would hate to have to do it at airline check in and delay all the others waiting behind us. Coming from Pattaya to fly Air Asia to Phnom Penh and back, and even after all these years here, I can't think of anywhere in Pattaya to weigh our baggage before going to BKK.

TIA

Sorry, JEEP.

Not been in here for awhile.

Dunno if private cars would be allowed down there, seems it may just be buses.

Hey, lift rite nextdoor.

Any level no real problem.

As for baggage, go to a checkin counter that is not busy.

Wot I do.

There are scales around entry to checkin area, but usually a queue.