Personal Belongings

ThaiPauly

I recently brought a Rolex watch and asked my insurance company if they would cover it against loss or theft for an extra fee.

They said they would not. :o

Does anyone know of any comapnies that will cover personal effects like watches and jewlery.

Cheers

Will have to do up a quote As I have 2 rollies in the house and was told by multiple companies they would not touch them or any Thai gold (jewelry)..

Just had 35 baht weight of gold lifted and a week later my villa collapse in a landslide.. So I am probably safe for a while now !!

Good news, will I have to wait until my existing policy expires?

No, talk to your Broker and he will add the items as an endorsment.

He said he could not :o

Some companies in the US will cover household contents and personal property in Thailand under a Renter's Policy (and I have such a policy).

I am interested in getting Insurance for my watches etc.

• 5 expensive watches.

• Cameras.

• Laptops.

• Golf Clubs plus other sporting equipment.

• Wine collection.

• TV

I’d be interested for cover for the above against accidental damage, theft, fire etc.

I only am interested in contents insurance, not house insurance etc. The quote form on Thai Visa does not suit my questions.

Does anyone have any idea who provides insurance for these items, and a rough idea of how much coverage is…

Chubb insurance is the worldwide leader in valuables insurance... their policy is called Masterpiece. You can find them by Google search chubb-insurance-thailand without the dashes.

From their website:

Chubb's Masterpiece® Valuable Articles Coverage helps you protect your financial investment in jewelry, collectibles, china, crystal, silver, artworks, furs, antiques and virtually any other type of valuable.

Homeowners insurance may not be enough—Although Chubb's homeowners insurance typically provides more jewelry coverage than most insurance policies, there are still limitations. To secure the broadest coverage available, purchase valuable articles coverage and have your jewelry "itemized." Each piece will be separately described and individually valued. Chubb's Masterpiece Valuable Articles Coverage is "all-risk" and covers most causes of loss. With this agreed-value approach, you receive the itemized amount with no deductible or depreciation in the event of a total covered loss up to the amount of itemized coverage for that category of valuable articles. You'll also receive
worldwide coverage
on these scheduled items, as well as mysterious disappearance protection. So if your ring is lost or stolen on a trip in Europe, you won't have to worry.

Read the rest yourself -- look at 'jewelry'under 'personal' on the chubb dot com homepage...

I am interested in getting Insurance for my watches etc.

• 5 expensive watches.

• Cameras.

• Laptops.

• Golf Clubs plus other sporting equipment.

• Wine collection.

• TV

I'd be interested for cover for the above against accidental damage, theft, fire etc.

I only am interested in contents insurance, not house insurance etc. The quote form on Thai Visa does not suit my questions.

Does anyone have any idea who provides insurance for these items, and a rough idea of how much coverage is…

Again, these items are simple to insure along with the building (house or condo) - may we ask why you do not wish to insure your property ?