Jetski Accident In Pattaya, Police Says He Can Do Nothing

attheendoftheday

Hi all members out there,

I'm admitted at BKK-Pattaya hospital yesterday. I am now still weak and can't go back to BKK to do my work because of yesterday accident. Which no one seem care about someone life.

I droved from BKK on friday afternoon, from almost 1yr with my new job, it was hard and difficult. Even i love challenging job but to do something that is not in your "Professional Field" I feel like i am started from zero. I am now work as PA in the factory around BKK.

Anyway the point is I need sometime off after long hard year. Waiting for friends cancelled and i belived that i can take care of myself. And everything went well, have sometime to sit and think about the past, able to get some idea to clear some situation, planned to get back BKK to be The man of my staff wedding. When out to say good bye the sea and have lunch at Lung Whai around Jomtien. On the way back I park my car ( my new civic car ) on the parking side road. When down to the beach tried parashooting ( i believed they called like this ) then followed by rent 30mins scooter/jetski ( i don't know how different between it)

The guy told me to ride it away from the beach about 5mins and return to the beach Coz my "Kra Thong" not yet float from last night, there was too much trash on the sea and I felt pity to add more stuff into them. But when i ride out to the sea i felt that i should release all unlucky thing to go away with the sea ( eventhough I am just 50:50 believed in this way but i was born and there is nothing to loose )

I went back to get it but Coz i left my car key with the guy who let me rent and he was not there. Then i decided to go out again just to spend the rest time of 30mins rental ( about 15mins left )

Once I turn back to the beach after about 5mins rided I think I was quite far from them and I turned back. But the engine was off itself, I believed it cos of run out of gasoline, i was tried for awhile and started to looking for the fuel lid, to check if it is really cause of gasoline. But the water get higher and i afraid that if i open the lid the water will get inside and it will be worse than what it was.

I started to wave my hands, as i've seen in TV to waive the hands cross each other it will mean that we need help not just waive to say hi. Then I took of life jecket and used it to waived because I think ppl will see it clearer than only my hand. Times gone until i have no more energy, wave getting higher and higher, jetski getting low on the end of it. But i was rest for awhie and stand up waived again. Until the jetski getting too low and I lost balance, can't keep standing to waive. Then i was through up all the time after that, while the wave was biggest than I ever seen and jetski get under the wave. Then i believed that I should keep calm and try to push a left side of jetski lower for the right to not againt with the big wave. I was still through up not stop.

On the last sunday, Ocean Marina they have many nation competitor who trainning their sailing around me. But maybe the sport are more important than human life, more than 15peoples passed and not even stop to see or ask. About 5mins before then boat sank, foreigner guy he sail on the standing boat to asked me if I need help. Then he said will go to get someone to help me and he went back to the beach very very fast coz of windy. He disappeared for about 30mins i guess, my boat was sank only the head that floating. Then I saw the bamboo flag floating about almost 100meters away. I decided to swim cross the wave to get to that closest flag. Its took me about 3-4times longer than I believed because of the wave was very big ( I has life jecket on even its very thin, old but it help ) when i reached that flag for about 7mins. Another small sailor he arrived me and let me get on his board to rest, but i was started shacked ........

please follow the end of story ( because i afraid i will lost all my type if i am not post it first )

Hi member, i wish if someone who have some advise could give me some after you know this story.

While Mr. French ( i believed he is french sailor ) he trying to think about How can we get back to the beach with the board that can carry only 1person. The Philipine team arrived and got me in his white boat that he use for train. Then transfer me to dinky boat ( red plastic one ) I got to the Ocean Marina, with none stop through up, shake & weak. I can't walk, can not stop crying. I loose control and don't know what to do. They got me into the Ocean Marina admin office ( I believed ) and they turn off a/c, gave me lots of blanket but I still can't stop shaking. They asked me some question but what I was worry the most was my car, wallet and key with the jetski guys. The very kind officer they tried to contact the them to get my car & stuff back. I don't know how serious and how to do with myself in that condition.

Until they arrived and i got some sleep on the chairs, I felt bit better even still cold & shaked they all asked me how to do and who to contact but all my stuff in the car and unfortunately my mobile run out of battery. I can't remember any number that they are around to help me. Then ppl believed that i need to go hospital first, and jetski people about 4-5 people they got in my car because they have no car to get back and took me to hospital & asked me which hospital while I don't know much about Pattaya's hospital. Then i took the one that sound closest and got admitted. One guy who volunteer to drive all of us to hospital he kept telling me in emergency room that he will help me, will go to hotel and get my stuff. I told him very weak aguement and I finally I was can't continue talking.

I was admit since about 6pm. get the room about 7-8pm. fall as sleep again about 10pm woke up again almost 11pm my car still not back yet. I called to ER to get that guy number and called him to get my car back while he said he driving around to find my hotel which I already told the nurse and he confirmed that he know where it is.

Anyway he came over and sleep on sofa next to my bed, I've told him that i am fine i can take care of my self but he not leave until i pretend that i am sleeping ( he insist to drive me to Bangkok because he know that I have no boyfriend and seem he interested to in charge I believed that he have checked my wallet, credit card, all stuff in my car and that is the most dangerous point that I am scared ).

In the morning my sister arrived from Korat, once he saw her he almost runaway from us. We tried to contact police since day time and in the late afternoon got info that my sister have to go to report and negotiate with the jetski's owner for an expenses in the hospital. Believed it or not, the police said they can't do anything for this case.

1. What the police suppose to do actually?

2. What is the police who in charge of water business, accident etc. FOR?

3. Why don't they try to search me while I disappeared longer than what we agree? Do they expected my car or stuff? or just don't care?

I don't know if the french guy he not let me use his board for a second how am I at the moment. If i die what gonna be? police will still say the same? jetski's owner will do no response? How can anyone run business without responsibility? Police can just wear their uniform and get the money from us while no help advise or care? What do we paid for?

At the end of the day, I am sitting here and give up with all happen to my life. Tomorrow I will just pay and accept that police is for nothing. And if someone die in the same case it will be nothing happen.

I wish one day Thailand will improve and care more about how they spend our money for those useless officer who know how to take advantage from foreigner and thai citizen.

Maybe if tomorrow i have some energy I will think about what can i do with his case, if you have any idea please help.

Thank you for spending time reading my story

i feel alot better to share it to other

Good night everyone

i wish i will be stronger and know how to live my life alone with many people who looking for taking advantage from less knowledge people.

please be careful and love your life more day by day,

I just learned how scared death first time in my life.

nite nite

It's hard to understand exactly what you are looking for. Could you clear a few things up for everyone here?

1) What happened to you? Did you have an accident on a rented jetski?

2) Was anything stolen from you by the jetski owner or staff?

3) What do you want from the police? Was there any crime committed? If there was no crime committed, all the police can do is make a report. If you feel you need to sue, you will have to get a lawyer and take your case to court.

Typically when you rent a jetski, you sign a waiver saying the jetski owner is not responsible for any injuries you may suffer while using the jetski, and that you are responsible for any damage to the jetski

Edit: I just noticed your other post, so I guess my first question is cleared up, but if you could answer the other two it would help me understand your situation.

Edited by surface

Hi member, i wish if someone who have some advise could give me some after you know this story.

While Mr. French ( i believed he is french sailor ) he trying to think about How can we get back to the beach with the board that can carry only 1person. The Philipine team arrived and got me in his white boat that he use for train. Then transfer me to dinky boat ( red plastic one ) I got to the Ocean Marina, with none stop through up, shake & weak. I can't walk, can not stop crying. I loose control and don't know what to do. They got me into the Ocean Marina admin office ( I believed ) and they turn off a/c, gave me lots of blanket but I still can't stop shaking. They asked me some question but what I was worry the most was my car, wallet and key with the jetski guys. The very kind officer they tried to contact the them to get my car & stuff back. I don't know how serious and how to do with myself in that condition.

Until they arrived and i got some sleep on the chairs, I felt bit better even still cold & shaked they all asked me how to do and who to contact but all my stuff in the car and unfortunately my mobile run out of battery. I can't remember any number that they are around to help me. Then ppl believed that i need to go hospital first, and jetski people about 4-5 people they got in my car because they have no car to get back and took me to hospital & asked me which hospital while I don't know much about Pattaya's hospital. Then i took the one that sound closest and got admitted. One guy who volunteer to drive all of us to hospital he kept telling me in emergency room that he will help me, will go to hotel and get my stuff. I told him very weak aguement and I finally I was can't continue talking.

I was admit since about 6pm. get the room about 7-8pm. fall as sleep again about 10pm woke up again almost 11pm my car still not back yet. I called to ER to get that guy number and called him to get my car back while he said he driving around to find my hotel which I already told the nurse and he confirmed that he know where it is.

Anyway he came over and sleep on sofa next to my bed, I've told him that i am fine i can take care of my self but he not leave until i pretend that i am sleeping ( he insist to drive me to Bangkok because he know that I have no boyfriend and seem he interested to in charge I believed that he have checked my wallet, credit card, all stuff in my car and that is the most dangerous point that I am scared ).

In the morning my sister arrived from Korat, once he saw her he almost runaway from us. We tried to contact police since day time and in the late afternoon got info that my sister have to go to report and negotiate with the jetski's owner for an expenses in the hospital. Believed it or not, the police said they can't do anything for this case.

3. Why don't they try to search me while I disappeared longer than what we agree? Do they expected my car or stuff? or just don't care?

I don't know if the french guy he not let me use his board for a second how am I at the moment. If i die what gonna be? police will still say the same? jetski's owner will do no response? How can anyone run business without responsibility? Police can just wear their uniform and get the money from us while no help advise or care? What do we paid for?

At the end of the day, I am sitting here and give up with all happen to my life. Tomorrow I will just pay and accept that police is for nothing. And if someone die in the same case it will be nothing happen.

I wish one day Thailand will improve and care more about how they spend our money for those useless officer who know how to take advantage from foreigner and thai citizen.

Maybe if tomorrow i have some energy I will think about what can i do with his case, if you have any idea please help.

Good night everyone

i wish i will be stronger and know how to live my life alone with many people who looking for taking advantage from less knowledge people.

nite nite

Thank you for your story. That sounds like an incredible ordeal, and you are lucky to have your life. I hope everything works out with your possessions, and yes, I feel that many things here including the police and "businesses" are an irresponsible way to extract more and more money out of the public at the expense of everything else.

This is a pretty harrowing tale, lost at sea on a rented jet ski and the OP is lucky to be alive to tell it. It certainly highlights the difference between personal safety in the western world and the developing one. In the developing world you are pretty much on your own and need to keep that in mind at all times. It is not like the western world that has evolved into a culture where responsibility for your safety has been passed on to government institutions.

Any time you step into an unknown situation you need to look around and check out the safety yourself and never, ever, assume someone else has done it for you or think there must be [enforced] regulations that will protect you. If you see something you think is unsafe you should back away immediately.

TH

Not a very coherent post at all, first off I thought he/she got blown out to sea on a windsurf board, (see second and third lines of OP) but then talks about jet ski owners, He/she also mentions Philippine team windsurf/ jetski??

Until the OP is able to post a concise chronicle of events don't believe anyone can help without knowing more of the story. So sorry :o

Good night everyone

nite nite

Thank you for your story. That sounds like an incredible ordeal, and you are lucky to have your life. I hope everything works out with your possessions, and yes, I feel that many things here including the police and "businesses" are an irresponsible way to extract more and more money out of the public at the expense of everything else.

Not a very coherent post at all, first off I thought he/she got blown out to sea on a windsurf board, (see second and third lines of OP) but then talks about jet ski owners, He/she also mentions Philippine team windsurf/ jetski??

Until the OP is able to post a concise chronicle of events don't believe anyone can help without knowing more of the story. So sorry :o

I think you need to read the first part of the story. She (I think it is she) posted half the story as she was afraid she would lose everything she typed. When trying to continue she created another topic. Here is part one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=155532&hl=

Maybe Mods can amalgamate the 2.

That said I am still not sure of the outcome.

Is the OP having to pay for the jetski?

Have you got your car back?

Are they holding your car/ possessions to ransom until you pay up?

Why, oh why, did you let them go to your hotel room? In your car?

I think the OP was a bit distraught late last night, and hopefully can now shed some more daylight on what is happening.

Hope you are feeling better today.

I am sorry an inconvenient & misunderstanding, this is the first time i post on the website like this.

This post is the continue part of the first post under the topic name" What Thai Police Can Do When Thai Ppl In Danger, Nothing? Anyone Have Suggest Please.. "

which is the beginning of the story. But i am now feel a lot better in health condition hope to check out from hospital soon.

Thank you for your kind to pay attention to my post.

1. I rent jet ski 600baht/30mins

2. no document sign for me to accept about responsibility of safety

3. After the jetski sank, French guy with a standing windsurf arrived me first and let me sit on his board while himself in the sea.

4. Philipine windsurf ( 2seats white big one ) got me in their boat to Ocean Marina.

Thank you for your attention and care..

SL

I think you need to read the first part of the story. She (I think it is she) posted half the story as she was afraid she would lose everything she typed. When trying to continue she created another topic. Here is part one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=155532&hl=

Maybe Mods can amalgamate the 2.

That said I am still not sure of the outcome.

Is the OP having to pay for the jetski?

Have you got your car back?

Are they holding your car/ possessions to ransom until you pay up?

Why, oh why, did you let them go to your hotel room? In your car?

I think the OP was a bit distraught late last night, and hopefully can now shed some more daylight on what is happening.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Thank your for you help about the beginning of the story, honestly say i am very new in posting. But i felt that I need to do something lastnight while i was very disappointed with manything.

I know that what I've been done by need to try something new to make myself better should not try jetski or anything that risk. But i saw many people they did it even they don't know how to ride but they still safe. And i am able to ride bike, motorbike, car, van, truck i believed i am fine with all skill i have learned. But this is what i call "accident" Gassoline should not run off, water should not get inside the jetski, wave should not be that high and strong.

To answer your question;

1. I've got my car back but after 11o'clock coz that guy's he took it out with an excuse of to collect my stuff from hotel. While i was in ER and half sleep, weak and stupid. I tried to stop him but i have no more energy to talk after i've against him to leave me alone with doctor&nurse first.

2. I've many witness at Ocean Marina, where they drag a half sank jetski up to the beach by Philipine's team. But they came about 5ppl in my car and says that they have no car to get themselve back and need to use my car.

I felt very stupid that i was too kind to let them use my car, and worry for them in manything. While i should let the good ppl to call ambulance and report to police since they can see my health condition. But the most of my concerned was about my car which is new, my wallet which have all my credit card & atm.

3. I got admitted at almost 6pm. and felt half sleep until about 10.30pm i woke up and my car key not here yet. Then i've called ER staff who have his number and i called him to stop do anything and get my car back right now. After finished called with him i was falled asleep again, mightbe the medicine or my self weakness i am not sure. But he is there on the sofa when i woke up and keep replete that he is single and I am single, he will drive for me to BKK which I've been explain to him that i am fine can take care of myself no need anyone else to help. I will drive when i can. But he still there which i could not sleep well because he is stranger and myself can't move.

I believed that he've checked my wallet with credit cards, atm etc. and try my new car, this is the reason he interested in helping me.

I don't know why everyone keep asked me about "do i contact my boyfriend yet" why don't they ask me how much i can take care of myself or did i contact my family, relative yet? And how stupid am i to not pretend that i've boyfriend who will come to safe me asap. Which might make them not feel too confident to involve my life when i was weak.

Anyway what I want at the moment is, should i accept the cost of hospital that cause by their irresponsible business.

-How many people will be in the same situation like me, how many ppl will survive in that difficult moment middle of no where while the life jacket are very thin foam can not support me to stay over the sea which I have to swim to keep myself over the sea all that long.

-Would the tourist police care if someone die after my case? Because of their did not care about my case and how many ppl will get the same advise from jetski's owner to go as far as possible because of close to the beach have ppl swimming and not safe to ride close.

-Why don't they try to follow if time is gone more than 3hrs after I've said I rent only 30mins and i when i left them 2nd time it was about 15mins left from 30mins rent?

thank you very much..

SL

It's hard to understand exactly what you are looking for. Could you clear a few things up for everyone here?

1) What happened to you? Did you have an accident on a rented jetski?

2) Was anything stolen from you by the jetski owner or staff?

3) What do you want from the police? Was there any crime committed? If there was no crime committed, all the police can do is make a report. If you feel you need to sue, you will have to get a lawyer and take your case to court.

Typically when you rent a jetski, you sign a waiver saying the jetski owner is not responsible for any injuries you may suffer while using the jetski, and that you are responsible for any damage to the jetski

Edit: I just noticed your other post, so I guess my first question is cleared up, but if you could answer the other two it would help me understand your situation.

Reply;

1. You have got the answer.

2. I am not able to get to check thing at my car yet but my wallet is here now.

3. I wish police could make them take responsible for my health treatment by their irresponsible of safety checking before do the business. Their advise to ride away from the shore for safety of other but not me.

Police did not even accept to make a report for us because jetski's owner they came to police station more than 5ppl and police in their side. Tell my sister that I should know the weather b4 rent etc. all blame to me instead of Jetski's owner to responsible about their business.

- can the police stop their business until they have a proper way of safety?

actually i not really know what i want from this post, just wanna hear some advise from wise ppl which i've seen in some case happen here. Honestly i trust in many valuable of ppl advised in this site. Not just looking for some kind of relationship with no commitment for thai new generation girl.

Whether you will think that i am stupid to put myself in this situation (if i know before i will never let it happen) or your advise & question to learn more about my case. I am very appreciated all these.

I've learned a lot from this experience, and just realized that many movies i've seen it very useful knowledge to safe my life this time. Yes i will not trust anyone about my safety ever again. But I learned that I loved jetski and we need to make thing sure b4 i try it next time. Might not on the sea but some place that swim can be more useful than the sea that have high&strong wave.

I am awaiting for check out from this hospital, and will try something for more info before drive back to BKK to prepare myself for tomorrow work ( i believed I am pretty good almost normal about my health condition )

Best wishes..

SL

I don't think that you have much choice but to accept the hospital costs - they shouldn't be too much from what you have said.

In this situation it seems that the jetski owner/ renter accepts no liability whatsoever for what may happen to you. You sound like a confident swimmer, I dread to think what would have happened to a weaker swimmer in your situation.

I think your best bet is to put it down to experience, as my father says - everyday is a schoolday. My main concern now that your health seems OK, is that I would have an excessive bill for replacement or repair to the jetski, which you haven't mentioned so I guess they are not pursuing that.

Don't let this put you off trying new things, and trying to broaden your experiences. Everytime we leave our homes there is some risk, but we accept that as part of life.

Somebody once said that you should do something everyday that scares you. This could be as mundane as asking your boss for a payrise, or as extreme as skydiving, but it certainly works for me, and makes you feel more alive.

This kind of experience shows how precious life is, and that you should try to make everyday as full as possible.

Good luck.

I don't think that you have much choice but to accept the hospital costs - they shouldn't be too much from what you have said.

In this situation it seems that the jetski owner/ renter accepts no liability whatsoever for what may happen to you. You sound like a confident swimmer, I dread to think what would have happened to a weaker swimmer in your situation.

I think your best bet is to put it down to experience, as my father says - everyday is a schoolday. My main concern now that your health seems OK, is that I would have an excessive bill for replacement or repair to the jetski, which you haven't mentioned so I guess they are not pursuing that.

Don't let this put you off trying new things, and trying to broaden your experiences. Everytime we leave our homes there is some risk, but we accept that as part of life.

Somebody once said that you should do something everyday that scares you. This could be as mundane as asking your boss for a payrise, or as extreme as skydiving, but it certainly works for me, and makes you feel more alive.

This kind of experience shows how precious life is, and that you should try to make everyday as full as possible.

Good luck.

Dear sweetchaliot,

Actually I don't want to let it go because it should be an issue for them to be more carefully in their business in long term.

But my life could not stop just to teach someone to know how to take responsible to other. Even i thought its not fair if other not aware about what could be happen to their life if they will try the same thing.

Yes i am not accepted to pay the bill and go back to take responsibility at my work better than waste more time with this type of ppl. Honestly say If I have some idea how to do something for this case even when i am back in BKK i still want to do it.

The first choice i need to take is my life have to go on. About to take it as experience yes I've a load of experiences with my life in BKK ( my life away home, stay alone in BKK without family to protect me. But its my choice ) I can't count how much I've paid for all my experiences which concerned police but the only one word from them since the past 10yrs is still same :o

Life is funny, especially in Thailand, Thai culture. I am fully understand all my foreigner bosses who feel negative with Thai culture, some of thai ppl but not Thailand. Our culture believed in respect, peaceful and accept while some group of Thai ppl they are not but they take our culture etc. for an excuse to take advantage of someone who don't know and not speak Thai.

Anyway life is life just do what we should and stand on what we believed. Event we have to face with the similar situation but make it as collection :D

Thank you everyone,

I've tried my best and proud of all i've did/faced,

Have a great day

SL

Unfortunately, this is one of those live and learn situations. What happened to you is very sad, but you may not have a lot of recourse except to pay.

The very best to you. I hope everything works, but it may take some time. Try to keep your spirits up.

There's something not quite right with this post. Call me suspicious if you like but, yep, the less than perfect English language usage appears contrived.

Agreed. Even assuming that he/she is indeed a non-native speaker the impression I get is that he/she is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't try to bill you for the full 3 hours you were out on the jetski.

Just pay the hospital bill and thank God you're still alive.

Accidents do happen; Shit happens. Thais look at accidents in a different way to Farang and don't cry about it in the same way.

I'm sure the jetski rental guys didn't mean this to happen.

Get over it.

Edited by tropo

So you are a thai girl from Korat?

You had an accident yesterday in the sea?

And you are so weak and sick today that you decided to go on the internet and look for an english speaking forum to post your story?

:D

Hmm. :o

Naka.

???

meemaithai maybe ive got this wrong but, is it not YOU that have been telling everyone today how Thai people are not very nice people????? or is it you just dont belive anyone anymore only austrailians!!!

i hope this is read by you in the manner it was wrote and that is not to have a go or slannder you but to remind yo to look at your own post from someone else's view!

Thanks

chris