Looking For A Forum

tgeezer

I found TV when I needed info on Visas and info was good and helpful, I then tried to find fora where I had an interest or thought I did,to while away a little time; 'Thai language', 'Golf', 'General' 'Bangkok', used 'driving' and got the licence, but overall, I don't find it is working so I will try here for golf. I suspect that most of the Bangkok golfers are very satisfied, but are there any not? I live in Northern Bangkok and want to keep the travel to a minimum. I have regular games on Mondays and Thursdays. A German friend and his wife visit every year for four months and although they live in a hotel in Bangrak the expressway reduces travel to less than an hour so we play together on some of my free days. I play bogey, they play in the high twenties. We normally have beer at every 'suum' and it is a laugh. His wife was not too keen last year and we were often a two-ball, not a happy state of affairs although it was often possible to join others I was wondering if there are any golfers interested in us. On the subject of golf and this is where I shall probably get 'bounced' and be happy to, I should like to discuss subject like etiquette, behaviour, Thai ways in golf etc. Is it acceptable for instance to play at a course where you have not looked at the 'local rules'? both on golf and behavior, and later object to the appplication of those rules? It wouldn't be acceptable on any course in the World. Don't get me wrong I have made 'howlers' at many courses and am willing to admit to it but I beleive that todays cock-ups are tomorrows experience, and we could share experience in lively discussion and be the better for it. Any one interested in telling us how wrong they have been on the course? You first!

I found TV when I needed info on Visas and info was good and helpful, I then tried to find fora where I had an interest or thought I did,to while away a little time; 'Thai language', 'Golf', 'General' 'Bangkok', used 'driving' and got the licence, but overall, I don't find it is working so I will try here for golf. I suspect that most of the Bangkok golfers are very satisfied, but are there any not? I live in Northern Bangkok and want to keep the travel to a minimum. I have regular games on Mondays and Thursdays. A German friend and his wife visit every year for four months and although they live in a hotel in Bangrak the expressway reduces travel to less than an hour so we play together on some of my free days. I play bogey, they play in the high twenties. We normally have beer at every 'suum' and it is a laugh. His wife was not too keen last year and we were often a two-ball, not a happy state of affairs although it was often possible to join others I was wondering if there are any golfers interested in us. On the subject of golf and this is where I shall probably get 'bounced' and be happy to, I should like to discuss subject like etiquette, behaviour, Thai ways in golf etc. Is it acceptable for instance to play at a course where you have not looked at the 'local rules'? both on golf and behavior, and later object to the appplication of those rules? It wouldn't be acceptable on any course in the World. Don't get me wrong I have made 'howlers' at many courses and am willing to admit to it but I beleive that todays cock-ups are tomorrows experience, and we could share experience in lively discussion and be the better for it. Any one interested in telling us how wrong they have been on the course? You first!

Sorry chaps I thought this was going to the Bangkok forum. but at least it gets one reply!

Edited by tgeezer

Sorry chaps I thought this was going to the Bangkok forum. but at least it gets one reply!

Still looking, does anyone know a good golf forum?