Light Boxes

Hi does anyone know of a company in the Pattaya/Bangkok area that can produce really high quality light boxes (about 40cm by 30cm) for both internal and external advertising? All as I have seen so far are the ones with the black metal edging – while these look OK outside (much nicer when they are chromed!) they are not really suitable for inside businesses – restaurants and pubs etc. I would really like to get some made that are made from etched acrylic moulds for the internal ones but I haven’t found a company who can do this yet – any suggestions?

Thanks.

disforkid, I can't help you with light boxes (Phantip or Fortune?) but I'm looking for a smaller "light tent" (or a table with lights and rigging for a camera) to photograph some 12" LP covers that can't be scanned. If anyone can help my find on in Thailand it'll help me avoid international shipping.

I'm also looking for appropriate lighting setups to go with the right light tent.

Thanks,

UC

disforkid, I can't help you with light boxes (Phantip or Fortune?) but I'm looking for a smaller "light tent" (or a table with lights and rigging for a camera) to photograph some 12" LP covers that can't be scanned. If anyone can help my find on in Thailand it'll help me avoid international shipping.

I'm also looking for appropriate lighting setups to go with the right light tent.

Thanks,

UC

A light tent is relatively easy to make out of easily found materials. The photography section can put you on to local suppliers otherwise there are plenty of stores in KL or Singapore that stock these items. Make sure you have a good polarizing filter to reduce the glare off the surface of the cover. The correct lighting set-up is open shade, so no directional light. Just as important is a good tripod and a stable set-up to make it repeatable.

For the O/P speak to Jeremy at the big banner company in Pattaya. They will source what you need. It won't be in a 4 day turnaround, but they will get it done. They mainly do the standard boxes you mentioned, but they can also think outside of the square if needed.

PM me if you want more details.