How Strict Is Royal Thai Consulate - Kolkata ?

Hi all,

I'm applying for my 1st Non-Imm. O visa at the Royal Thai Consulate in Kolkata, India. My wife has already been in touch with the consulate-general. But I just have a few questions about 'how strict' they are with the application for Non-Imm. O.

First of all, my wife is Thai - she's 21, I'm 23, and we were married in April 2004. We've applied for her visa for the U.S.A, but it'll take "8 - 10 months". So for now I want to be with her and her family in Bangkok. We're also expecting our first baby in roughly 5 months.

* I already have 'passport photos' from a few months ago. The U.S.A is VERY strict on their applications with certain specifications of the photos. Is Thailand 'strict' about it?

* I've been told that it should take '1 to 2' days. Is this true in anyone's experience in Kolkata? I left myself 3 full work days to hopefully ensure there's enough time.

* Is the Thai consulate in Kolkata very crowded? Will there be a long queue?

Kindest Regards,

Shaun :o

Don't believe many people here will have experience in Kolkata (which I had to look up - I still want to spell Dhaka as Dacca) but normal procedure is next day service at any official Consulate so don't believe you will have any problem. Photo should be current full face and probably 4x6cm (they sometimes convert to inches). Not normally a problem. And I would not expect it to be crowded.