Flights From Uk To Thailand

taxin

I need to book a flight from the UK to Thailand but I need to book it from within Thailand, and of course pay for it here in Thailand.

Sending money to England and booking/paying for it in England is NOT an option. The travel agents in Thailand dont seem to want to know or say they cant do it. So it appears that my only option is to go direct to the airlines.

Does anyone know how ? And if so can anyone recommend any airlines with offices in Thailand where you can make a booking.

Cheers all.

You should be able to do it easily enough - but you may find it more expensive as it comes under the SOTO rule (Sold Outside Ticketed Outside).

My most recent effort at booking tickets like this, I used http://www.travelconnecxion.com/ (BKK - it's also called Charlie Connection). The very helpful lass I dealt with was Oh ([email protected]). No problems at all.

If you have a UK account you can draw on search for WestEast travel. The are based in London. I've used them when booking from the UK several times. Good prices.

edit: http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/default.asp

I dont have a UK bank account and I dont have a UK credit card. Hence the reason for me saying that booking in England is NOT an option.

Im hoping to pay with hard Thai baht currency, or with a Thai issued credit or debit card. I would even consider paying by bank transfer but only if it was direct to a reputable airline. Upto now none of the airlines have responed to me....

Thanks PJS, I have sent them an email to the link you gave me, see if they can help. Cheers.

I dont have a UK bank account and I dont have a UK credit card. Hence the reason for me saying that booking in England is NOT an option.

Im hoping to pay with hard Thai baht currency, or with a Thai issued credit or debit card. I would even consider paying by bank transfer but only if it was direct to a reputable airline. Upto now none of the airlines have responed to me....

Are you sure that a Thai credit/debit card will not be accepted? Have you contacted the on line ticket agents such as ebookers or airline network.

If not you could try this agency who are a British managed agency in Thailand

Are you sure that a Thai credit/debit card will not be accepted? Have you contacted the on line ticket agents such as ebookers or airline network.

If not you could try this agency who are a British managed agency in Thailand

The UK agents or airlines will not take a credit card payment over the phone unless the person paying is part of the traveling party, so where the card is issued is of no relevance. Again, another reason why booking in England is NOT an option !

I have looked into every possibility of doing it through an agent in the UK and its a no go. I want to book it and pay for it in Thailand.

Any website or agency that is NOT based in Thailand im not interested in. I will however try musictravel and see what they say. Thanks.

The UK agents or airlines will not take a credit card payment over the phone unless the person paying is part of the traveling party, so where the card is issued is of no relevance. Again, another reason why booking in England is NOT an option !

I can only add that I have booked tickets via the internet (not by phone) and have used my

debit card to pay for the fare while I was not in the travelling party with both the agents I quoted. The passengers didn't even have the same surname as me. I simply filled in the on line payment questionnaire and the tickets were issued.

There is an issue with the purchaser not being one of the travelling party but I have no reason to believe that that the agent cannot use a non UK card. I have used cards from a number of countries in the past.

Air Asia do not need the purchaser to be part of the travelling party, neither did Bangkok Airways. Neither any good for this instance I agree.

Just looking at British Airways. Firstly they say this:

If you choose to pay using a UK billed credit card you will incur a credit card surcharge of £3.50 per ticket.

Here they say http://www.britishairways.com/travel/genco...r1/public/en_gb

If you are travelling on an electronic ticket, you will not be entitled to be carried on a flight unless the electronic ticket was issued in your name and you can prove to us that you are the person named on it.

Further on in the booking process, BA asks whether the purchaser will be travelling. They have a yes and no answer so they must expect this sometimes.

You can then enter your payment details including any one of about 100 countries where your card is billed. this is irrelevant to the person travelling.

I think this should satisy the OP.

There is an issue with the purchaser not being one of the travelling party but I have no reason to believe that that the agent cannot use a non UK card. I have used cards from a number of countries in the past.

Air Asia do not need the purchaser to be part of the travelling party, neither did Bangkok Airways. Neither any good for this instance I agree.

Just looking at British Airways. Firstly they say this:

If you choose to pay using a UK billed credit card you will incur a credit card surcharge of £3.50 per ticket.

Here they say http://www.britishairways.com/travel/genco...r1/public/en_gb

If you are travelling on an electronic ticket, you will not be entitled to be carried on a flight unless the electronic ticket was issued in your name and you can prove to us that you are the person named on it.

Further on in the booking process, BA asks whether the purchaser will be travelling. They have a yes and no answer so they must expect this sometimes.

You can then enter your payment details including any one of about 100 countries where your card is billed. this is irrelevant to the person travelling.

I think this should satisy the OP.

Not really. Im still looking for a way how I can book and pay for a flight from the Uk to Thailand. i.e. NOT purchasing it from the country of the departure but from the country of destination. Calling the UK and using my credit/debit card means im purchasing it from the UK (although physically im not there), and I dont want to do that.

Did you contact Charlert(Charlie) at Charlie Connection Travel? He should be able to do that quite easily.

Also no problem to do direct with the airlines, but don't expect a cheap flight. Just go to the airline office and pay there. THAI have been known to do it.

Did you contact Charlert(Charlie) at Charlie Connection Travel? He should be able to do that quite easily.

Also no problem to do direct with the airlines, but don't expect a cheap flight. Just go to the airline office and pay there. THAI have been known to do it.

It does seem that direct with the airlines is the best option. Malaysia Airlines upto now have been pretty helpful, and will even let me pay by cash in person at any of there offices.

Will see what Thai have to say !....

It does seem that direct with the airlines is the best option. Malaysia Airlines upto now have been pretty helpful, and will even let me pay by cash in person at any of there offices.

Will see what Thai have to say !....

Try Etihad. They have an office on Sukhumvit near Asoke intersection. Tel: 02 253 0099

Not really. Im still looking for a way how I can book and pay for a flight from the Uk to Thailand. i.e. NOT purchasing it from the country of the departure but from the country of destination. Calling the UK and using my credit/debit card means im purchasing it from the UK (although physically im not there), and I dont want to do that.

Sory I do not think you understand.

I have resolved your problem. You can purchase it from Thailand or indeed anywhere. You have now moved the goalposts and say that you don't want to use a card. Enough help from here I think.

I need to book a flight from the UK to Thailand but I need to book it from within Thailand, and of course pay for it here in Thailand.

Sending money to England and booking/paying for it in England is NOT an option. The travel agents in Thailand dont seem to want to know or say they cant do it. So it appears that my only option is to go direct to the airlines.

Does anyone know how ? And if so can anyone recommend any airlines with offices in Thailand where you can make a booking.

Cheers all.

:o

Well of course This Is Thailand. I've never actually done it that way, but I have purchased a ticket for another person (a Thai woman) from Bangkok to Singapore. I was in Copenhagen at the time. I was going to BKK but wanted to spend a few days in Singapore first. I purchased a 3rd party ticket on SAS airlines in Copenhagen for their flight from BKK to SIN. She just picked up the ticket at the airport (then Dong Maung) in BKK. Needed her Thai ID card as proof, no problem once she showed that. I'm surprised the airlines in BKK don't seem to want to do that, but as I said TITS.

:D