Great Breakfasts Bangkok!

junkofdavid2

Earlier I endorsed the breakfast buffet in Ascott Sathorn, which had all the essentials of a good western breakfast (bacon, breads, cheeses, hams, eggs, pancakes/waffles, orange juice, potatoes, etc.) for a reasonably priced 250 baht all in.

It's great for a pig-out, but 250 is still a little pricey by Thai standards, especially if you don't plan to eat that much; yet still want an American breakfast.

So there was McDs for about 105 baht... not bad, but kinda too little for a breakfast to be 'sumptuous'

Thanks to Buddahfly on another thread, who recommended LITTLE HOME BAKERY RESTAURANT at the Chong Nonsi BTS at Standard Chartered Bank Building.

Tried it this morning and WOW!

Homey old fashioned aircon restaurant where one can sit down and relax on a Sunday morning.

3 long strips of bacon, 2 fried eggs sunny side up, 2 small (but REALLY GOOD) buttermilk pancakes with syrup and whipped-butter for the price of... 66 BAHT! (60 baht + 10%).

They don't have fresh orange juice, but they had a pretty good icy orange smoothie (PAN-SOM) for 38.50 Baht, and that cut it for me just fine.

So now I have a place to go on Sunday mornings and have a pretty hearty american breakfast for 105 Baht. :D

Oh! And they serve it all day... so it's okay to wake up late! (I got up at 11 and had my breakfast at 12, lol) :o