Ubc

thaipete

I recently upgraded my UBC from silver to Gold all it seems to provide is a few more movie channels and many of the programs from silver are not provided when my man phoned them they said I had to go platinum to get the same I had on silver I feel it is a bit of rip off

First thing I'll do if I change a contract, I'll read the fine Print and compare the new one with the old one BEFORE sign the new one. And if I can't read the contract, I would let translate before and make my decision later.

No matter what package you subscribe to with UBC, you are always going to END up feeling cheated. An abysmal service which is prohibitively expensive and so monopolistic that they just dont care what you think. Mark my words, soon they will make "pay per view" services the norm and you will find you yourself having to pay for certain premier league matches and other "gold star" events

In the fullness of time, they will ask for more and keep on delivering less. I know because I was fool enough to pay them well over 100,000 bht over the last 6 years......... But with the advent of high speed adsl and torrent files and other free to view satellite services, maybe you need to reassess how this company has got you by the short and curlies and will keep on squeezing

JAF, an ex member who hasn't regretted switching off

At Samut Prakarn we having Cable TVwith 60 + Channels. Cost per month THB 250 and each TV more THB 50 more. That's some cost I can count an live with.

I had cancel UBC after they was up above THB 1,000 and I never have miss it!!

i had UBC twice. first time felt cheated. left them. second time gave them another chance. realized the programming was crap and felt cheated again. took them off again. now i rely on regular satellite and torrents for my viewing pleasure. also see which programs i want and when i want to.

cant care less about UBC or Truly Vicious.

compare ASTRO in malaysia for the prices and what they have to offer. you'll see a big difference.

Reimar, what is the name of the service and is it dish or cable?

As I wrote, it's Cable TV. The company is using the old Cable network from UBC. As Ubc was changing to Satellite only they sold the Cable Network.

Reimar, what is the name of the service and is it dish or cable?

As I wrote, it's Cable TV. The company is using the old Cable network from UBC. As Ubc was changing to Satellite only they sold the Cable Network.

how do to organise cable tv. who are they? who do i call?

compare ASTRO in malaysia for the prices and what they have to offer. you'll see a big difference.

How does one get this in LOS?

//link removed due to below//

Suspected Attack Site!

The web site at www.satthai.tv has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Web site owners who believe their site has been reported as an attack site in error may request a review.

I looked at Astro prices. Nothing to get excited about, they are in the same range if not outright more expensive, and their packages are so confusing, UBC's sliver/gold/platinum is far easier on the brain (but not for some, apparently).

Reimar is getting stolen UBC signal, no wonder it's so cheap.

People whine a lot about UBC being expensive and all, but the fact of life is you'll never get free English football, Champions League, or HBO, and you won't get them cheaper than UBC either (unless you steal it).

I, personally, use UBC only for football when they have it. Israel Russia game was not on UBC and I watched it on the net with Sopcast, quality is still below that of UBC, but the way it has been developing, in a couple of years it will be perfectly watchable.

I looked at Astro prices. Nothing to get excited about, they are in the same range if not outright more expensive, and their packages are so confusing, UBC's sliver/gold/platinum is far easier on the brain (but not for some, apparently).

Reimar is getting stolen UBC signal, no wonder it's so cheap.

People whine a lot about UBC being expensive and all, but the fact of life is you'll never get free English football, Champions League, or HBO, and you won't get them cheaper than UBC either (unless you steal it).

I, personally, use UBC only for football when they have it. Israel Russia game was not on UBC and I watched it on the net with Sopcast, quality is still below that of UBC, but the way it has been developing, in a couple of years it will be perfectly watchable.

re-look at the prices. that packages are so much more worth it. its really not rocket science to figure out which ones you want.

UBC is a rip off. a big total rip off. period!

How does one get this in LOS?

//removed suspect link//

Hello tigerbeer,

Looks to be not very doable in a cha-am condo. I really couldn't understand most of the prices as much of the site is Thai.

Warning - the link contained in the ASTRO hot link is reported as dangerous as below:

Suspected Attack Site!

The web site at www.satthai.tv has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Web site owners who believe their site has been reported as an attack site in error may request a review.

Very well said. As a company it's true that UBC is hopeless, but in terms of the programming they offer with the digital picture quality, there is nothing in Thailand that can compete, unless you are talking illegal stuff.

Yes i agree that 1500 baht a month is steep, but until there's an alternative system out there, i'll keep on paying and carry on enjoying my weekend of Premiership football. :o