Electronic Repair Shop In Patong?

sunluvr

I brought a mini stereo from abroad with me and inadvertently plugged it in to the 220V here without converter and its only rated at 120V. It fried the fuse which I replaced, but also appears to have done some other damage. Some functions still work (once I plugged it back in WITH a 110/220 converter) - i.e. the CD/DVD component still seems to function and the display works but there's no sound coming out.. either the headphone jack or speakers... any suggestions of a local place that might be able to help out?

I know its not whats your asking but buy a new one... These things are cheaper to replace and it sounds like you have friend parts of the mainboard.

I saw CD/DVD/Everthing mini systems for 2500 baht in macro the other day with speakers.

Unless of course its a high end one..

I recommend that place at the right end basement of Big C. They charge realistic Thai prices, with a limited guarantee. I've had good service there with computer repairs for a fraction of the prices asked by computer shops. But I do agree that just buying a replacement would be best.

this is the particular unit I'm talking about.. http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.as...amp;prodtemp=t2

I purchased it from the US not a common brand name system so I'm not getting my hopes up about it being repairable but it is a sweet unit and would really like to have it fixed if possible... will try the Big C place (if I can find it..) thanks for the info..

I recommend that place at the right end basement of Big C. They charge realistic Thai prices, with a limited guarantee. I've had good service there with computer repairs for a fraction of the prices asked by computer shops. But I do agree that just buying a replacement would be best.

• 12 years later...
On 12/4/2007 at 4:53 PM, Khun Jack said:

I have repaired several blown up 110 V devices. You can always pm me if the repair shop in the BigC can't fix it.

Khun Jack

I have a Onkyo receiver that shows working, but no sound.

Any info for me to go for repairs?

I tried Big-C. They tell me send to BKK.

Thank you 

Khun Geno

095 429 8083

Edited by Chefgno