Moving Options Within Thailand

johnjohnson

I need help with suggestions for moving my possessions from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and don't know the best / cheapest way to move.

I think my possessions may fit in a small long bed truck but may need more room. I have a new queen bed, sectional office desk, tall dresser, tv, computer, two half high office shelves, water cooler, two office chairs, and good amount of miscellaneous stuff like fans and kitchen stuff etc.

I have a Thai drivers license for cars and trucks up to a certain weight. Cant' remember the weight but I'm sure it's the typical license everyone gets. I didn't have a trucking license back home.

If it fits in a small truck I could rent a truck but I think I may need more room so I need suggestions. '

I could make two trips in a small truck but what would the gas bill be for that?

Do they have moving companies or shipping companies that can save me money over renting myself?

Thanks in advance

I need help with suggestions for moving my possessions from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and don't know the best / cheapest way to move.

I think my possessions may fit in a small long bed truck but may need more room. I have a new queen bed, sectional office desk, tall dresser, tv, computer, two half high office shelves, water cooler, two office chairs, and good amount of miscellaneous stuff like fans and kitchen stuff etc.

I have a Thai drivers license for cars and trucks up to a certain weight. Cant' remember the weight but I'm sure it's the typical license everyone gets. I didn't have a trucking license back home.

If it fits in a small truck I could rent a truck but I think I may need more room so I need suggestions. '

I could make two trips in a small truck but what would the gas bill be for that?

Do they have moving companies or shipping companies that can save me money over renting myself?

Thanks in advance

We just moved from Chiang Mai to Phuket, and got a 'professional' company to do it. They arrived a couple of days before, and eye-balled all the stuff, and decided that a 6-wheeled truck would do it. Then the came the day before we moved, and packed everything in bubble-wrap, and cardboard. The truck arrived and they spent a whole day loading it, carefully. They left that night, and we left the next morning, breaking the journey in Hua Hin. We arrived first at our new house, and they arrived early the morning after. They unloaded everyhitng in 3 hours, with no damage to anything. Very professional, and nice guys. They do it all the time. The cost was 40,000 baht, which is quite expensive, but worth it to know your precious possessions are in good hands. If you want the guys contact number, I'll have to ask my wife. He speaks very good english, by the way..!