French Man Arrested For Smuggling A Half Kilo Of Cocaine

sriracha john

a real intelligent guy. Not only a life sentence, but also cocaine is in Thailand dirt cheap, ask the Burmese government,

And where is the cocaine coming from ?....Burma ?

Since when is cocaine produced in Burma or elsewhere in Asia ?

LaoPo

I would like to know as well, wrecker? Tell us all about it......

I thought it was 3000-4000 a gram in Thailand - same as the UK?

Been available in enough quanitities for years - Stephen Leather in Private Dancer talked of a very ex (bar sold very recently) English Bar owner who was always at it - it was in the online version but I do not know about the print version.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a real intelligent guy. Not only a life sentence, but also cocaine is in Thailand dirt cheap, ask the Burmese government,

LaoPo

Been available in enough quanitities for years - Stephen Leather in Private Dancer talked of a very ex (bar sold very recently) English Bar owner who was always at it - it was in the online version but I do not know about the print version.

That doesn't solve the question WHERE the cocaine is coming from...'wrecker' suggested that the Burmese Government is responsible for the cocaine, found in Thailand, but I like to know WHERE the heck the cocaine is coming from since it's not produced in Burma or elsewhere in the Far East as far as I know.

LaoPo

I can never fathom people who do this kind of thing myself. I suspect they think they won't get caught and so never consider the fallout --whereas I would always consider the consequences of getting caught and thus would not do it.

If I were so poor that I would consider smuggling drugs I think I'd beg on the street first, but I doubt that is the reason these people take these kinds of risks. Greed is more likely.

This may not be the case in this instance but the majority of drug smugglers who are serving sentences in the UK currently are women from desperately poor countries. Some are forced to do a drug run whilst their children are held hostage whilst others have got into debt and are offered a drug run or a less pleasant option.

Before you judge harshly please consider that they may not be doing this willingly and very well know the consequences but are powerless to change. And begging is, sometimes, not an option when everyone around you is as poor as you.

Actually, I was referring to the French guy in the OP. And the other foreigners who feel the need to smuggle drugs into countries like Thailand or Malaysia, knowing the consequences of their actions if caught. I sincerely doubt that most of the Westerners sitting in jail in Thailand for drug smuggling fall into your description, and those were the kinds of people I was referring to, albeit not as clearly as I could have obviously, since you chose to consider poor women sitting in jail in the UK instead of foreigners smuggling drugs into Thailand.

Having seen a doco on the BH where they were allowed to go around and interview prisoners and working in the prison system...I have also looked the daily regime for BH....it is not as bad as most people seem to think....However in the future I do intend to visit the prison so I will know more about it then.

HIV is not the biggest problem but Hep C and B is.

LaoPo

Extremely common in all the main areas of Thailand that can afford it. Phuket Patts BKK (dont know about CM).

Both UK and Thai prices little bit less than you state tho.

Edited by LivinLOS

LaoPo

Extremely common in all the main areas of Thailand that can afford it. Phuket Patts BKK (dont know about CM).

It's NOT the bloody prices, it's about wrecker saying to ask the Burmese gov. and meaning does it come from Burma? Not that I know of. :o

LaoPo

It's NOT the bloody prices, it's about wrecker saying to ask the Burmese gov. and meaning does it come from Burma? Not that I know of. :o

Its not produced in Burma

Is it coming in through there?

A lot os moving through Africa now to Europe rather than traditional routes is it not - maybe there are new routes into Thailand?

why do people do it? the reason is- its so dam easy. 99.9% of those doing it get away with. After a few trips they then hire someone to do it for them.The odds are vastly in the crooks favour.

Its alot better than slaving away at a boring deadend job for years and years for a pittance.

I don,t blame them at all. In another world I may well do exactly the same thing.

All this nonsense about what is right and what is wrong.Why is it? Who says so? the same people who sell arms, sell their daughters, etc, etc.

Nobody forces people to take drugs... most of people who write in saying that they should get punished are the real losers. They,re upset that most get away with it and love it when one does,nt.

People do not like to be reminded that some crooks, in fact most, do get away with their crimes- and that their lawabiding dull life leaders really hate this

Sure sure, BUT there is NO honor within the criminals! :o

You have no idea what your talking about, do not make such silly genral statements.-I,ve seen more honor from them by the society slaves who write the sort of nonsense I see here all the time.

Not all of coures, but many.On both sides.

But I do agree that not all have the old school type of honor- but to say none have is plain wrong

why do people do it? the reason is- its so dam easy. 99.9% of those doing it get away with. After a few trips they then hire someone to do it for them.The odds are vastly in the crooks favour.

Its alot better than slaving away at a boring deadend job for years and years for a pittance.

I don,t blame them at all. In another world I may well do exactly the same thing.

All this nonsense about what is right and what is wrong.Why is it? Who says so? the same people who sell arms, sell their daughters, etc, etc.

Nobody forces people to take drugs... most of people who write in saying that they should get punished are the real losers. They,re upset that most get away with it and love it when one does,nt.

People do not like to be reminded that some crooks, in fact most, do get away with their crimes- and that their lawabiding dull life leaders really hate this

Sure sure, BUT there is NO honor within the criminals! :o

You have no idea what your talking about, do not make such silly genral statements.-I,ve seen more honor from them by the society slaves who write the sort of nonsense I see here all the time.

But I do agree that not all have the old school type of honor- but to say none have is plain wrong

Old School honour etc

I think you have been watching too many movies and TV shows Mr Gangsta!

You should be the one getting a life methinks - and a dictionary

Sure sure, BUT there is NO honor within the criminals! :D

Old School honour etc

I think you have been watching too many movies and TV shows Mr Gangsta!

You should be the one getting a life methinks - and a dictionary

And he should think if all ppl did it his way, who would fly the planes and sell the tickets, clean the toilets and build a jail-cell for you to live your miserable life in! :o:D:D

Hope this <deleted> gets rogered by all the inmates and dies od aids. Drug smugglers kill kids!

No they don't! Drug smugglers smuggle drugs. The clue is in the job title. The people who die from drugs usually take it themselves and, therefore, their deaths are self inflicted, tragic but self inflicted.

You really need to get out more, this unhealthy desire to have gang rape inflicted on someone might be construed as sick!!!

Hope this <deleted> gets rogered by all the inmates and dies od aids. Drug smugglers kill kids!

No they don't! Drug smugglers smuggle drugs. The clue is in the job title. The people who die from drugs usually take it themselves and, therefore, their deaths are self inflicted, tragic but self inflicted.

You really need to get out more, this unhealthy desire to have gang rape inflicted on someone might be construed as sick!!!

He is also a big fan of capital punishment by cruel and unusual means as well as corporal punishment - it happens to a lot of English guys of a certain age - senility creeps in and rationality creeps put :D

Yes the deaths are self inflicted and that is why we have laws to protect people who can not protect themselves as it costs society to take care of them - car seat belts, motorcycle helmets, drugs, not walking on railway lines etc etc - its part of the social contract really :o

I've heard that air crew do keep an eye out for exactly this kind of behavior. Perhaps where the "tip" came from.

I should be ok then, as i eat everything they put in front of me and drink more than they offer me :o

:D Who do you fly with then MrBoj? I've yet to fly with an airline that serves food I feel like eating, much less finishing :D

...don't forget that Brits have a high tolerance towards inedible food... :D

• 1 year later...
I've heard that air crew do keep an eye out for exactly this kind of behavior. Perhaps where the "tip" came from.

I should be ok then, as i eat everything they put in front of me and drink more than they offer me :o

yeah im sure it was the air crew too, strange that they didnt arrest him in BKK apt, unless they followed him to his destination to be able to catch everyone in on the deal.....

:o

The drug mules get paid a pittance compared to what the dealers they work for make. They can carry hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of drugs...even if they get a thousand or two, it means nothing to the dealers. Many of the mules are drug users anyhow. Once they make a carry and get away with it, the dealer has them in his/her net. The dealer can turn them in anytime, and the mule can't do anything about it, as the law considers him/her the crook.

Often times after 3 or 4 sucessful trips, the dealer may get nervous that the mule is becoming known, too familiar to the customs people. Then it's easy enough to slip a faulty container (a lot of times they swallow condoms full of drugs, a purpousely weaked condom can break inside the mule's stomach.) and get rid of the mule. Okay, so the dealer loses one load of drugs, big deal, the profit on every load that does get through is so great the loss of one mule and one load is almost nothing. The dealers often intentionally turn in a mule to the police, just to get a "credit' with the police for a later big shipment. Mules are a expendable asset.

In Thailand the police will often intentionally pose as dug sellers to catch those stupid people who still think they can make a killing by smuggling drugs out of Thailand.

If you don't believe me, just follow the newspaper reports about the "drug seizures" the police seize at the airport or some other exit point from Thailand.

Let's assume you read about a drug seizure at the airport, where (picking a number) 30.54 grams of XXXX is seized. The two months later another drug seizure is made....amazing enough it is also 30.54 grams of XXXX that is again seized. Isn't it strange the weight and the drug happen to be the same both times.

Not really.

:D