Burmese National Marrying A Thai

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how a Burmese national can marry and settle in Thailand.

The story is my wife's sister has lived with a guy from Burma for sometime in Bangkok but he has a visa that restricts him to living and working in Bangkok. My wife's mother has been ill for sometime and her sister would like to go to Ubon to look after her. My wife says it is hard for her sister to marry this guy because of restrictions being more severe on the Burmese than nationals from other nearby countries, as always a lot seems to be getting lost in the translation. We are going back in late April and if I had some idea what the procedure is we might be able to help. This maybe a situation where a marriage visa may cost a few hundred quid which is easy for us to pay but very hard for them. My wife has a good job so if she could sort this out it would be a weight off her mind as her son could move in with her sister as well, until the time he comes over here. Her sister is a very good person and sorts out all the problems of the family but it is hard to do from Bangkok.

Thanks

Dave

how about getting married in Yangon or where the guy is from?

getting it certified and endorsed back in thailand might be an easier option?

im not sure tt might work but tts wad im doing.

I'm marrying my shan girlfriend in Thailand although im holding a singaporean citizenship. reason why im doing tt instead of getting married in Singapore itself is prolly the same reason as yours. she;s studying here and it's easier getting it done in thailand den she coming to singapore and waiting it out.