How Many 7-11's Are There In Thailand?

Jingthing

How many 7-11's are there in Thailand?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You guess it right if you guess to the nearest 1000 7-11s.

I remember when I used to think Thai's must call 7-11's Jet, Sipets ...

I know the answer, so not voting.

What could me more Thai than 7-11's?

Well seeing as though 7-11logo.jpg is an American invention....

I would have to say thailandenergydrink12.jpgKrating Daeng (Red Bull 2 u & me)

:o

(btw, easy wiki search says 4,055 7-11's in Thailand..)

I wonder if most Thais think 7-11 is pure Thai? I have mentioned it to a few that it is an American invention and they didn't seem to process that too well. Same with KFC which I really find hilarious.

Edited by Jingthing

What a strange poll. Didn't you see this thread? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1687877

What a strange poll. Didn't you see this thread? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1687877

If anyone can be bothered to read the thread the answer is there

The answer is 2 firkin's.

2 firkin many.

When I travel around Asia and see all the Maccy D's, KFC's, Starbuck's, 7/11's et al it make me sick that all this corporate greed knows no bounds and they will happily destroy any and all cultures just for profit. And to all the folks who just can't go through life without their big macs or just can't cope with buying local produce in local shops and markets I ask "why did you leave farangland?".

There are at least 4 of these shops in the small place I live. :o Always busy too. They're very convenient to pay bills at too.

I don't know about the multi-corps "destroying" any local culture, seems like the locals can't get enough of them. One person's 'culture' seems like another's poverty or slavery to me.

I don't know about the multi-corps "destroying" any local culture, seems like the locals can't get enough of them.

So I don't understand why they make such a fuss about Tesco Lotus Express in Pattaya as well as in Phuket...

He couldn´t. This thread was started 19 minuites before! But all the answers are in that one. So all of us that read it cant vote here. Quite amazing figure though, but since there are 55 only in Samui island i would have guessed high. I actually saw a seven eleven being closed down (first i ever seen) last time i was in Bangkok, on Petschaburi road. Theres still 2 within 100 meters though! :o

A good 7/11 story from Samui island is the latest they build. They realy had a prime location for this one. Was going to make a fortune. Right next to the airport. Only little mistace in buisness-plan was that the airport terminal moved 4 weeks after 7/11 opened and thats the seven you want to go to if you are in a hurry. Its quite empty. :D

He couldn´t. This thread was started 19 minuites before! But all the answers are in that one. So all of us that read it cant vote here.

Da_m! My apologies jingthing - I should've checked. I went through the new posts in reverse order :D

So I didn't vote either. :D

But the best thing about 7's is being able to pay bills - electric, water, UBC, MaxNet, TT&T, CAT... I pity the poor sods behind me in the queue when I've got a fistful of them to pay. :o

Edited by JetsetBkk

So I don't understand why they make such a fuss about Tesco Lotus Express in Pattaya as well as in Phuket...

If it's all for us customers benefit I like them all convenience stores, the locals joints have been ripping us off for years amd years and now it's time for a better change (I hope) having those joints replace by 7-11, or Lotus express, whatever. Of course they have a fuss - they are losing!!

In more populous areas they had minimarts for years before the 7-11s arrived, and they were no dearer in their prices. But the older shop-house types seem to lose business whenever a 7/11 opens up -

I suppose for the reasons above.

The parent company is no longer in American hands (Seven & I Holdings Co ,Japan). The Charoen Pokphand Group (the franchise holders in Thailand) sub-franchise to the operators.

Yeah, the poll has become silly. Oh well, some threads are duds.

How about another poll / thread / competition: how close has anyone seen two individual 7/11 stores?

(Photographic evidence would be required, of course, to avoid blatant liars. :o)

My answer: 50 metres (but no pic. yet).

So many that I think they are going to have to change the name to 7-12! :o

So many that I think they are going to have to change the name to 7-12! :o

Probably why the Thais call 'em "7's" - they're open 7/7.

I think you may find that Red Bull was actually invented in Switzerland around a hundred years ago.

can you support this statement?

Oops. Austria actually. Sometimes they seem to merge into one.

Plenty of links available from various people's claiming to have invented Red Bull, some dating back nearly a century, however I can't seem to find the link to that article, but one thing is for sure that the Thai's have just copied it.

Here.

Here.

Description:

Red Bull Energy Drink is exclusively produced in Austria and exported world-wide. All ingredients used for Red Bull are synthetically produced. Most ingredients are produced by pharmaceutical companies. This guarantees highest quality.

Whenever you need to boost your energy or concentration!

To feel its effects at best, you should drink it in times of increased mental and physical strain, for example, on long sleep-inducing motorways, during intensive working days, prior to demanding athletic activities or before tests and exams. It is recommended to drink one can of Red Bull Energy Drink about 30 min before the start of a concentration task or the start of a race or game in sports.

This is about the time for the ingredients of Red Bull to become effective in the body.

In 1982, Dietrich Mateschitz became aware of products called tonic drinks, which enjoyed wide popularity in Asia, and got - while sitting in the bar at the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong - the idea of marketing those functional drinks outside Asia.

In 1984, Mateschitz founded the company Red Bull GmbH. He fine-tuned the product, developed a unique marketing concept and started selling Red Bull Energy Drink on the Austrian market in 1987. Red Bull got off the ground in no time flat, giving people wings right from the start. In 1992, Red Bull touched down in its first foreign market, in Hungary. Today, Red Bull is energizing over 100 countries around the globe. More than a billion cans of Red Bull are consumed each year. Responsibility for the unparalleled success of the world's No. 1 energy drink is shared by the company's 1,850 employees, of whom around 200 work at Red Bull Headquarters in Fuschl am See (pop. 1,344), not far from Salzburg/Austria. Red Bull is much more than a soft drink; it is an energy drink. It was made for moments of increased physical and mental stress and improves endurance, alertness, concentration and reaction speed. In short: it vitalizes body and mind.

The effectiveness of Red Bull Energy Drink has been proven by a large number of scientific studies and is appreciated by many of the world's top athletes and drivers, opinion-leaders and hard-working people with active lifestyles.

Cheers,

Soundman.

I think you may find that Red Bull was actually invented in Switzerland around a hundred years ago.

can you support this statement?

Oops. Austria actually. Sometimes they seem to merge into one.

Plenty of links available from various people's claiming to have invented Red Bull, some dating back nearly a century, however I can't seem to find the link to that article, but one thing is for sure that the Thai's have just copied it.

Here.

Here.

Description:

Red Bull Energy Drink is exclusively produced in Austria and exported world-wide. All ingredients used for Red Bull are synthetically produced. Most ingredients are produced by pharmaceutical companies. This guarantees highest quality.

Whenever you need to boost your energy or concentration!

To feel its effects at best, you should drink it in times of increased mental and physical strain, for example, on long sleep-inducing motorways, during intensive working days, prior to demanding athletic activities or before tests and exams. It is recommended to drink one can of Red Bull Energy Drink about 30 min before the start of a concentration task or the start of a race or game in sports.

This is about the time for the ingredients of Red Bull to become effective in the body.

In 1982, Dietrich Mateschitz became aware of products called tonic drinks, which enjoyed wide popularity in Asia, and got - while sitting in the bar at the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong - the idea of marketing those functional drinks outside Asia.

In 1984, Mateschitz founded the company Red Bull GmbH. He fine-tuned the product, developed a unique marketing concept and started selling Red Bull Energy Drink on the Austrian market in 1987. Red Bull got off the ground in no time flat, giving people wings right from the start. In 1992, Red Bull touched down in its first foreign market, in Hungary. Today, Red Bull is energizing over 100 countries around the globe. More than a billion cans of Red Bull are consumed each year. Responsibility for the unparalleled success of the world's No. 1 energy drink is shared by the company's 1,850 employees, of whom around 200 work at Red Bull Headquarters in Fuschl am See (pop. 1,344), not far from Salzburg/Austria. Red Bull is much more than a soft drink; it is an energy drink. It was made for moments of increased physical and mental stress and improves endurance, alertness, concentration and reaction speed. In short: it vitalizes body and mind.

The effectiveness of Red Bull Energy Drink has been proven by a large number of scientific studies and is appreciated by many of the world's top athletes and drivers, opinion-leaders and hard-working people with active lifestyles.

Cheers,

Soundman.

i think Chaleo Yoovidhya might disagree with you there...

soundman, just to expand on my earlier post.. (in case you'd never heard of him)

i think Chaleo Yoovidhya might disagree with you there...

he's the, now, billionaire that invented Red Bull and one of the richest men in the world, and guess what.. he's Thai

:o