Cheap Shipping To Thailand From U.s.a

thaicraw

I need to move 4 boxes to Phuket, but the shipping rates are outrageous, it would actually be cheaper to fly back and forth and just use my baggage allowance to bring them over..

Can someone PLEASE tell me what would be the cheapest route to ship 4 boxes ranging with the following specs

22x20x14 37lbs

20x18x14 30lbs

12x12x21 18lbs

24x17x9 18lbs

the rate for the 1st package was anywhere from $480-380 depending on UPS/DHL/FEDEX still $380?? OMG

I dont need them to be fast I can wait even 1 month for thier arrival if needed. but I am at loss of getting this over any cheaper, if anyone has any idea's PLEASE let me know...

Thanks in advance

Well, I think you are onto the only available option and thats using check in luggage. Basically, thats how I bring over all my computers and monitors. If you ship, you may find that shipping is the cheapest part of the trip when Thai customs gets their hands on your hardware. If you actually get it, taxes and tariffs could easily equal the value of your goods.

Cheapest way would be ocean, but as everyone said, the duty tax is what is going to get you. In addition, they may want to inspect what is on your hard drives.

If you must have the information on your computers, then can always carry the lap top/cpu portion, but no reason to bring the rest as you can easily purchase.

If you are savvy, just bring the hard drives.

Are you not allowed to bring personal effects like computers etc to thailand if you are moving there for a few years without getting taxed??

I would love to bring them over via the check in baggage option but Iam already using my allotment of two bags for my clothes :o ... how do I go about finding out about the freight shipping from the airlines??

Thanks for the responses guys I really appreciate this

4 boxes is not considered freight............lol.

i dont actually know this ..........lol

You're right, you don't know what you are talking about............lol

PS- I have worked in freight forwarding for the last 10 yrs. :o

Jeeze, throw those clothes in the US mail system and send them slow boat to china. Still cost you a fortune but customs cant really extort you on some used clothes. Anyway, clothes are cheaper here. Your luggage space is expensive freight, put your high dollar items in that, particularly high dollar items that save you big money over Thailand.

Seems like $300 to $400 would be a great new start on shorts and shirts and pack the comp stuff and

bring on the plane. Hope customs at the airport don't question why your luggage is electronics which

are import tax more than new will cost you. Best to sell it at home and buy new in country.