Please Help?

chrisspursbkk1

Before you tell me I have a dodgy copy of Windows, let me explain when I brought my computer the Thai IT engineer from Tescos installed a version of Windows that has done my brain in! When I check what version it is, it says Windows XP pro service pack 2, but when I start up it says my version of windows is not genuinne, but says its Windows Vista, i've tried many WGA removers to no avail, so i'm thinking it has something to do with being confused what operating system i'm using! I would get the engineer back but I'm afraid he'll install more illeagal <deleted> on my computer! Can someone help me please, I really dont want to reinstall Windows! Has anyone got any ideas for me??? Please bare in mind this was installed without me knowing and I trusted the engineer as he was from Tescos were I brought the PC!

If they're is anything that can be done please PM with details.

Many Thanks

Chris

Before you tell me I have a dodgy copy of Windows, let me explain when I brought my computer the Thai IT engineer from Tescos installed a version of Windows that has done my brain in! When I check what version it is, it says Windows XP pro service pack 2, but when I start up it says my version of windows is not genuinne, but says its Windows Vista, i've tried many WGA removers to no avail, so i'm thinking it has something to do with being confused what operating system i'm using! I would get the engineer back but I'm afraid he'll install more illeagal <deleted> on my computer! Can someone help me please, I really dont want to reinstall Windows! Has anyone got any ideas for me??? Please bare in mind this was installed without me knowing and I trusted the engineer as he was from Tescos were I brought the PC!

If they're is anything that can be done please PM with details.

Many Thanks

Chris

Based on the brief description, it sounds like WinXP with login and bootup screens replaced to look like Vista.

Did you buy a PC that included windows XP as part of the price? If so, you deserve a fresh install that is fully validated and recognized as a legitimate installation as well as the official product key stickers. If not....