New Tyres For Pick Up.

thoongfoned

hi,

gota buy a new set for my truck 4wd. got bridgestones on at the mo the high wall type.265/70/15. i bought a pair of these a while back and paid b4500 each, at the time i thought it was a bit expensive,what do you think?

anyone got any advice good/bad cost ect...

cheers.

hi,

gota buy a new set for my truck 4wd. got bridgestones on at the mo the high wall type.265/70/15. i bought a pair of these a while back and paid b4500 each, at the time i thought it was a bit expensive,what do you think?

anyone got any advice good/bad cost ect...

cheers.

Hi

I just bought some Goodyear 205/70/14 today for b3000 each, just to give you a comparison. The outgoing Michelin's lasted under a year ( I drive hard & fast) so I would not try them again

Dont scrimp on Tyres, they might just save your life sometime. Buy the best you can afford.

Dave

The outgoing Michelin's lasted under a year ( I drive hard & fast)

Dont scrimp on Tyres, they might just save your life sometime.

Alternatively, (or additionally), drive less hard and less fast.

bridgestones are the best value ,maybe a little dearer but i think safer .

Safest bet is to go with what was originally fitted, certainly same size and profile. Bridgestone seem to be a happy medium between price and quality.

Since you have a 4x4, if you've got AT (All Terrain) at the moment and don't go off-road much, fitting HT (Highway Terrain) will give you slightly better fuel mileage and slightly less road noise.

Of course if you never go off-road then regular road tyres will be fine (but then why have a 4x4?).

Safest bet is to go with what was originally fitted, certainly same size and profile. Bridgestone seem to be a happy medium between price and quality.

Since you have a 4x4, if you've got AT (All Terrain) at the moment and don't go off-road much, fitting HT (Highway Terrain) will give you slightly better fuel mileage and slightly less road noise.

Of course if you never go off-road then regular road tyres will be fine (but then why have a 4x4?).

I dont go off-road much either but still drive the Vigo 4*4.

The reason was the airbag and auto transmission.

Is it wiser for me to put HT tires on it?

I drive a bit offroad but not ruff terrain like conditions.

Greetz Jared.

Can you recommend any good tyres for a pickup (2WD low rider) for normal road conditions ?

North

I had a set of tires from Taiwan on a Toyota 4X4. No off road tread pattern and they ran quiet. I don't remember the name of the tires, BUT, the rubber compound was VERY hard. Yes, good wear but not safe at all. Treacherous on wet roads. Dig your thumbnail into the tread and try to feel the difference in hardness. Buy the softer one if you value your safety.

The price of tyres is often affected by the quantity produced....so a big tyre can cost less than a little one if it is for a popular make of vehicle.

I believe the Mitsubishi Strada has a relatively unusual size whereas the ever popular toyota standard tyre is much more common.....so although the quality etc is the same economies of scale are affecting the price.

The price of tyres is often affected by the quantity produced....so a big tyre can cost less than a little one if it is for a popular make of vehicle.

I believe the Mitsubishi Strada has a relatively unusual size whereas the ever popular toyota standard tyre is much more common.....so although the quality etc is the same economies of scale are affecting the price.

That is true. The Metro in the UK was a city runaround but had horrendously expensive tyres.

I got Michelin LTX AT, they are nosier at high speed than original Bridgestones but the grip is a lot better, especially on wet roads, I "aquaplaned" a few times on Bridgestones, it was very scary.

Also squeaking noise everytime you make a turn at low speeds is gone