Renewal Of "retirement "visa

Just a quick report.

I attended the Chiang Mai Immigration office yesterday to renew my "non O ".Submitted the paperwork,ie copies of passport pages,..TM7.(downloaded from TV).....Banking copies with letter from the Bank that morning and the 1900 baht.

About 1 hour wait and recieved the new permit.... valid til dec 2008.

No hassles....no fuss. As always the Chiang Mai immigration people there were polite and efficent.

Just a quick report.

I attended the Chiang Mai Immigration office yesterday to renew my "non O ".Submitted the paperwork,ie copies of passport pages,..TM7.(downloaded from TV).....Banking copies with letter from the Bank that morning and the 1900 baht.

About 1 hour wait and recieved the new permit.... valid til dec 2008.

No hassles....no fuss. As always the Chiang Mai immigration people there were polite and efficent.

Sorry to nit pick, but you did not renew your Non O. You extended your Permision To Stay for a year.

Good to hear some offices can do this with little problem.

I concur. The CM Immigration office has always been helpful and courteous even when there are a lot of people waiting to be served.

I have a spouse visa and it takes a while to get processed some days but that is just the luck of the draw on the day that you go down.

Long may it remain so.

Perhaps others have had a different experience!

I think I may be considered boastful, that I have the record in and out service for a non-imm-O extension, first week in October, done in 15 minutes. Of course I was on crutches, so pity may have had something to do with it and the same Sargent who has been there the longest, 10 years, processed me. He called me to desk 5, a relatively new station, before I had completed filling out the application form.

To be completely truthful, I was there for another hour waiting for a single re-entry permit, but that is another story.

While I have a bias that half the problems reported about Pattaya Immigration is caused by the customers, during the hour I waited, I saw quite a number of rude, ill dressed and dregs of humanity that I have eliminated my bias about Pattaya Immigration customers, Chiang Mai immigration has to deal with some pretty rude and sorry people and yet they seem to keep smiling. Add Chiang Mai Immigration to the list of why Chiang Mai is better than any other city you want to compare it to in Thailand. Don't remember which thread was comparing.