Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills

sriracha john

Two Israelis arrested in Thailand for possession of 23,000 Ecstasy pills

Two Israelis were arrested Tuesday in Thailand after police found 23,000 Ecstasy pills in their possession, the foreign ministry said Friday. Israeli Consul Hanoch Amadi in Bangkok said he expected the two to be held for a long time for drug-dealing.

The two were arrested during a wide-scale police operation on Kwasan Street * Khao San Road * in Bangkok, where many Israeli tourists tend to congregate. Police also arrested a number of other Israelis at the same time, but some were released on bail and the others were released when it was clear they had no connection to the drug deal.

Amadi, who is in contact with the local authorities, told the foreign ministry that the two arrested are receiving legal aid. The foreign ministry updated the families of the two Israelis about their arrest.

- Haaretz (Israel)

===============================================================================

Two Israelis arrested with 23,000 Ecstasy pills

Two Israelis were arrested in Thailand on Friday after police caught them with 23,000 Ecstasy pills, Army Radio reported.

According to the report, the two Israelis are suspected of selling drugs in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. They were arrested along with other Israelis in a large police raid in Bangkok. All of the other detainees were later released.

The arrests were made after police in Thailand received intelligence from sources in the US.

The Israeli embassy in Bangkok appointed a lawyer for the suspects, who are now awaiting trial.

- Jerusalem Post

===============================================================================

Thai police nab Israeli drug suspects after US DEA tip

BANGKOK -- Two Israeli nationals have been arrested on charges of trafficking more than 10,000 ''Ecstasy'' pills reportedly destined for the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, Thai authorities announced Thursday.

The Israelis, identified as Alan Macloff and Vladimir Acronik, were arrested by narcotics police in Khao San Road area of Bangkok after they had allegedly brought the drugs from a European country.

The police operated on a tip from the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), which had earlier sought the suspected Israeli drug traffickers.

- MCOT

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Names don't sound Israeli but they are prats anyway for doing this

Sounds like most busts are done street side. I never see anyone searched at customs I guess they figure capital punishment is enough of a deterrent for most

I'd like to say something about being sorry for them poor stupid misguided guys what with the hel_l they're going to face but I can't.

I agree with seonai, they're prats and I hope they get a nice long term in the BKK Hilton so they can reassess their lifestyle.

pills reportedly destined for the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand ...

The Israelis, identified as Alan Macloff and Vladimir Acronik, were arrested by narcotics police in Khao San Road area of Bangkok after they had allegedly brought the drugs from a European country.

bringing it from europe to the golden triangle and than to the other countries?

Ecstasy isn't actually a narcotic, is it? I know in the US marijuana is legally classed as a narcotic, and it isn't a narcotic.

BTW, I bet you alot of our members reading this have tried it, I haven't, but I sure would have if it was a fashionable during my salad days.

Edited by Jingthing

Ecstasy isn't actually a narcotic, is it? I know in the US marijuana is legally classed as a narcotic, and it isn't a narcotic.

BTW, I bet you alot of our members reading this have tried it, I haven't, but I sure would have if it was a fashionable during my salad days.

Class A in the UK, same as heroin

Popped more then a few pills in my day, and it isnt in the same league as crack heroine or coke.

I didn't think so but what matters is the legal definition, and that was ALOT of pills.

My impression is that this drug can be physically damaging if used over time. Is it addictive?

Edited by Jingthing

Popped more then a few pills in my day, and it isnt in the same league as crack heroine or coke.

I agree, but how the law classes the substance is the important thing.

I would imagine they will be given a death sentance which will be changed to life imprisonment and then if they are very lucky they will get the sentance cut to 50 years.

That is about the best an Israeli caught with a substantial amount of drugs in Thailand can hope for.

Zuki.

Is it addictive?

Physically no, the body will not crave more, or become dependent with repeated use. There is a psychological danger, however, that users can start to like it too much and crave the emotional contentment that it provides. Craving the next party etc.

I had lunch today with a dear old friend of my father who works at the American Embasy here in Bangkok. He told me these people are part of a serious organized crime gang who operate globaly. They have been under investigation by the FBI and other agencies for a long time. They are wanted by the Japanese, US, Korean and OZ authorities. These people will be extradited for other crimes.

This bust in Bangkok was just to get them in custody and is only the tip of the iceburg regarding there criminal activities accross the globe.

Chloe.

these people

Chloe, what do you mean by "these people" specifically? Are you saying the two perps were part of a specific gang or mafia? Would you care to elaborate because the term these people leaves a bit too much to the imagination.

If you are saying they are Israeli mafia why don't you say it? Otherwise, you leave us guessing what you meant.

Edited by Jingthing

these people

Chloe, what do you mean by "these people" specifically? Are you saying the two perps were part of a specific gang or mafia? Would you care to elaborate because the term these people leaves a bit too much to the imagination.

Yes 'these people' who have been taken in to cutody are part of a global mafia organization with involvement in Drugs, gun running, people trafficking, extortion, kidnapping etc etc.

Chloe.

these people

Yes 'these people' who have been taken in to cutody are part of a global mafia organization with involvement in Drugs, gun running, people trafficking, extortion, kidnapping etc etc.

Chloe.

That is interesting and on topic. Any chance this global mafia organization has a specific name, if you know it?