Transport From Bangkok To Huahin (round Trip)

mmkin

Take the train. Dirt cheap and you get to see the country. Maybe not the quickest or most comfortable way to travel but a real experience, and i love not being trapped in my seat - you can get up and walk about whenever you please, not like on the coaches.

Take the train. Dirt cheap and you get to see the country. Maybe not the quickest or most comfortable way to travel but a real experience, and i love not being trapped in my seat - you can get up and walk about whenever you please, not like on the coaches.

sounds great but the timing does not fit our requirement. i have considered this option but just too bad.

There are 2 ways how to get HH from BKK: by train and by bus. And you can also take a car for rent or take a taxi.

Prices are:

Train:

http://www.railway.co.th/English/index.asp

From Hua Lamphong at BKK to the center of HH.

cheapest 3rd class (not comfortable sits, no aircon, too hard to travel, only 12 trains per day):

234 B per person.

round trip will be for you 234*4*2= 1872 B.

Bus:

http://www.thailand-huahin.com/bangkok-hua...-timetables.htm

From Southern Bus Station at BKK to the center of HH.

very comfortable sits, free drinking water, aircon, schedule is every half an hour from early morning:

171 B per person.

round trip will be for you 171*4*2= 1368 B.

Rent a car:

for one day you can take a car for 1200 B or less (if you will be lucky). Just ask for agencies on the streets.

Ren a taxi:

My friends came to me to HH from BKK for one day and they took a taxi for 1800 B. So I think you can discuss it with driver.

Good luck!

Here's a good link on options for travel between Bangkok and Hua Hin.

Even my Thai friend didn't know that it is possible to fly from Bangkok to Hua Hin.

Two options: A charter flight with SGA Airlines or a scheduled flight in a 12 seater plane with Nok Air. Nok Air has 3 flights a day (35 minutes each way) and the return trip costs 6,200 baht.

Peter

With 4 people you are probably best off hiring a mini van...about 2500 each way but like another post said pee breaks smoke breaks and snack stops...a taxi is fine but not a lot of room for luggage and if your family travels like mine the extra room is needed..I tried to hunt up a phone munber of one we used to use but no luck will pm you if I find it...I`m sure there are others in here that use mini vans and should be able to help you

With 4 people you are probably best off hiring a mini van...about 2500 each way but like another post said pee breaks smoke breaks and snack stops...a taxi is fine but not a lot of room for luggage and if your family travels like mine the extra room is needed..I tried to hunt up a phone munber of one we used to use but no luck will pm you if I find it...I`m sure there are others in here that use mini vans and should be able to help you

hey dude, that will be great. please pm me once you manage to find it. Appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
Planning to go to HuaHin in Jan 08 and was wondering where can i get a good and reasonable priced transport? Round trip for 4 pax.

Anyone?

We have used a guy named ORB with a very nice spacious Toyota people carrier, very safe driver. I have just phoned him and he has quoted 2800B single or 5400B both ways. Contact # 0817318175. If you have any difficulty just pm me and I will book it on your behalf from this end. Hope that his is of some use, I know it is not cheap, but you tend to get what you pay for with taxi's!

• 2 weeks later...

The Dusit Thani hotels run a luxury van service daily between the Dusit Resort here in HH to the Dusit Thani Hotel in BKK. Leaves HH at 11:15. Return trip from BKK to HH at 3:00. Its very comfortable and fast (but with good driving). The reason I have stopped taking the 180 Bt van service is because the drivers are so dangerous. The Dusit will even pick you up at your house in HH and return you to your house when coming from BKK. The service is 600 Bt. (one way). Its a bit pricey but I think its worth it.