Someone Good At Fixing Audio Equipment?

grtaylor

I bought a Pioneer home theatre amplifier about 6 months ago, and it has an intermittent fault. After its been on for about one hour the front right channel, crackles and keeps on cutting out. About 30 minutes later its ok again. A friend in the UK tells me its a "dry joint", and is actually easy to fix.

I know what will happen if I take it back to the place I bought it. It'll probably be ok and they won't believe me. They'll keep it for a month, tell me its fixed, and it won't be.

What I need is a reliable small shop with someone who really knows what they're doing to fix it quickly.

Any ideas?

the best shop i know for this type of work, is group of guys who work in a small shop house, some are disabled in wheelchairs. they can fix almost anything. i often buy broken ex display goods from Big C or Carrefour and i know these guys will fix them. i have some stuff in there now. they are on Soi Bockau,(?) travelling towards the market area, they are on the right side after a patch of wasteland near a newly built hotel. almost opposite the excellent Pattaya books shop. the shop house is the last one and is recognisable by the ramp up to the doors for the wheelchair bound. i hope that helps.