Asian Girls With Green Eyes

IamMaiC

I live in the states, I was picking up some chinese food the other day and overheard a conversation(evesdropping) :o The man behind the counter was talking to an american woman she had green eyes, So They Talked for a little bit and He told her If chinese girl have green eyes means Good Luck??

Does anyone know if this is true or Myth?

I live in the states,  I was picking up some chinese food the other day and overheard a conversation(evesdropping)  :D  The man behind the counter was talking to an american woman she had green eyes,  So They Talked for a little bit and He told her If chinese girl have green eyes means Good Luck??

Does anyone know if this is true or Myth?

Now what's that film called with Kurt Russell....? Big Trouble in Little China

That had something to do with a chinese girl with green eyes...she had special powers or something.... :o

She had special power's over me ! :o

I like that movie. Other than that I have never heard of green eyes on a true asian. If there are any , I think it might be a product of interacial breeding . Would love to meet one .

She had special power's over me ! :o

I like that movie. Other than that I have never heard of green eyes on a true asian. If there are any , I think it might be a product of interacial breeding . Would love to meet one .

Chinese people with green eyes occur when Russians meet Mongolians... if you know what I mean...! :D

totster :D

In Kashmir many years ago I saw quite a few peole with either green or blue eyes........really very striking against dark hair and handsome features. Ahh what a time that was.......I recall a walk along the bund ....near the river......observing acres of ganaga growing wildly........then I noticed it was hanging over the 12ft high wall of the police station......must have been some plant that one........then another time sitting in a parkwatching a cricket game and noticing that i was actually surrounded by the stuff........too bad I did not smoke it !! What a dream that seems like now !

I have seen two black girls - one with green eyes, one with blue. No contacts. Both their eyes were cloudy - not sharp coloured. Hard to explain, but the green was more of a green with a little brown mixed in. The Blue looked frightening, it was so cloudy, it was almost washed out completely. Must been interacial I should think.

Once saw a Green eyed chinese girl, but it was definitely contacts - too dark a green (like the back of a leaf) and little variation across the iris. Its amazing the detail you notice in something strange.

I have seen two black girls - one with green eyes, one with blue. No contacts. Both their eyes were cloudy - not sharp coloured. Hard to explain, but the green was more of a green with a little brown mixed in. The Blue looked frightening, it was so cloudy, it was almost washed out completely. Must been interacial I should think.

Once saw a Green eyed chinese girl, but it was definitely contacts - too dark a green (like the back of a leaf) and little variation across the iris. Its amazing the detail you notice in something strange.

Lets see....In my case,my Dad has Greenish brown eyes...and My Grandmother has grey eyes...(She is half Irish-American ), But they are very light skinned Black people... My dad looks like an old, worn out version of Vin Deisel now... :D My mother has the usually dominant Black/Dark Brown eye color of African Americans, so I have inherited the same color eyes also... But If I happen to marry someone with Green Eyes and have four children with her, two out of those four kids would display the recessive traits of lighter colored eyes......

It is possible for an Asian looking person to have greenish eyes though - you just need one, two or possibly three generations ( F1, F2, and F3 ) of intermixing to get a "typical" Asian phenotype with Greenish type eyes, since Dark eyes are the dominant color gene for people, especially in Asia...

(Narachon deperately trying to remember the Genetics class I took in College... :D )

Let me see if I can explain this process using Punett Squares from Medelian Genetics....

Take for example a European man ( Green Eyes Recessive, GG ) + one Asian woman ( Dark Brown Eyes Dominant, DD ) ...

Assuming they have four kids ( F1 Generation)...

GG X DD = 4 DG

1. DG DG
  2. DG DG

F1 Generation has Dark Brown Eyes Pheotype with Green Eye Recessive Genotype ( DG )

Now if the first Gen (F1) has the same number of children with another person of the same Genotype ( DG ) not necessarily the same F1 generation... :D:o : The F2 Generation would look like this:

DG X DG = 2 DG, 1 DD, 1 DG

1. DD DG
  2. DG GG

The Grandchildren = F2 Generation, has inherited Dark Brown Eyes Pheotype with 3/4 frequency... Two of the children will carry the Green eye recessive gene, and only one will have fully expressed Green eyes

But if you correlate the Dark Eye Gene ( Dominant ) with the Asian Epicantic Fold (ie "Slant-eye" ) Gene ( which is also Dominant ), the chances of finding a Asian looking person with Green eyes would be very very very rare, I believe... Same case as a Dark Skinned Black person having Light colored eyes.....

So if you are a white man with Green or Blue eyes, and have children with a Asian woman, don't expect to see your kids with green or blue eyes, unless your wife/Girlfriend is somehow carrying those genes... :D

Somebody please correct me if this is wrong!

:wub:

In Kashmir many years ago I saw quite a few peole with either green or blue eyes........really very striking against dark hair and handsome features. Ahh what a time that was.......I recall a walk along the bund ....near the river......observing acres of ganaga growing wildly........then I noticed it was hanging over the 12ft high wall of the police station......must have been some plant that one........then another time sitting in a parkwatching a cricket game and noticing that i was actually surrounded by the stuff........too bad I did not smoke it !! What a dream that seems like now !

I think it makes your eyes red not green :o

I did see a Thai man with washed out, cloudy blue eyes here in our village. Dark skinned, black hair, he showed no features of having mixed blood.I doubt it was contacts but it may have been glaucoma. Unusual sight indeed.

More likely cataracts than glaucoma Penz. Quite a common sight (no pun intended) amongst the poor of Isaan and quite curable, I believe if caught early enough, but perhaps the 30 baht scheme is not covering that? :D

Maybe the green eyes is a David Bowie type mutation - see Narachon for the genetic explanation (well impressed by the way you explained the Mendelian theory) :o I forgot that stuff about 5 mins after the end of the O'level biology exam.

I did see a Thai man with washed out, cloudy blue eyes here in our village. Dark skinned, black hair, he showed no features of having mixed blood.I doubt it was contacts but it may have been glaucoma. Unusual sight indeed.

More likely cataracts than glaucoma Penz. Quite a common sight (no pun intended) amongst the poor of Isaan and quite curable, I believe if caught early enough, but perhaps the 30 baht scheme is not covering that? :D

Maybe the green eyes is a David Bowie type mutation - see Narachon for the genetic explanation (well impressed by the way you explained the Mendelian theory) :o I forgot that stuff about 5 mins after the end of the O'level biology exam.

Blue Eyes amongst Thai Villagers....Probably some type of condition.... Does not sound natural.... :D

As for the Genetics theory, I hope I explained it clear enough! I was Pre Med back in College, and really was into Genetics, still try to keep up with the stuff... I'm trying to get a hold of some stems cells from Issan so I can create the perfect woman in my secret underground lab! :wub:

And The"David Bowie" type mutations...They are possible, but very very rare. And It is possible for a Asian looking person to have true Blue or Green Eyes too, but that would be as rare as finding a four leaf clover in the Great Lawn of Central Park... :D

( "O Levels"...I remember hearing about them when I watched "The Young Ones".. "O Levels" , They are like General Required classes in British Universities?? By the way, I was a cross betwen the show's "Neil" and "Mike" characters back in College...If you can imagine that.. :D )