Things You Dislike About Pattaya

Tufty

I’m sure other people have their own but here are just a few of my pet hates I would like the authorities to consider changing

Poor lighting on the beach road (beach side)

Installing extra lighting

Phone boxes in the middle of the pavement

Move them to a more appropriate area

Motorbikes parked at the side of the road without a gap to mount the pavement

Paint no parking areas at the side of the roads with corresponding areas on the opposite side and fine offenders who park in them

Motorbikes being ridden on the pavement

Fine offenders

Motorbikes being ridden down the wrong side of the road

Fine offenders

Difficulty crossing roads

Provide pedestrian bridges or pelican crossings

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m sure other people have their own but here are just a few of my pet hates I would like the authorities to consider changing

Poor lighting on the beach road (beach side)

Installing extra lighting

Phone boxes in the middle of the pavement

Move them to a more appropriate area

Motorbikes parked at the side of the road without a gap to mount the pavement

Paint no parking areas at the side of the roads with corresponding areas on the opposite side and fine offenders who park in them

Motorbikes being ridden on the pavement

Fine offenders

Motorbikes being ridden down the wrong side of the road

Fine offenders

all of the above.

&

lady boys on beach rd.

noisy bar in soi lucky star

tony's staff trying to nick my customers by handing out free drink tickets next to my staff on walking st.

the arab section

the french/ arabs on big bikes

rude falangs

the ponces after 2 am with young babies trying to beg.

i'll be back with more.

Probably best if you all just go home I am sure where ever you come from has all of the above.. and all the things that come after you start legislating every day life.

Try remebering why you left your own country before posting crap topics.

Any one wanna start a collection for all of the whingers to go home?

Probably best if you all just go home I am sure where ever you come from has all of the above..  and all the things that come after you start legislating every day life.

are you sure mate. :o

do you have arabs on fast bikes where you come from? i doubt it!

what about ladyboys on street corners? (don't answer that one. for all we know you might be a jenny star bar regular) :D

would'nt you agree that pattaya would be a better/nicer place with some changes?

Probably best if you all just go home I am sure where ever you come from has all of the above.. and all the things that come after you start legislating every day life.

Don't take life so seriously,the forums on here are generally light hearted,and just because somebody does not like something,is not really meaning they would rather go back to where they came from.

Take a chill pill

Dislikes

1. when the waiter wants to fill up your glass of whisley/coke every 2 minutes, when it is still half full...(you lose track)

2. when people put on their blinkers after they have made the turn..and you have stopped your car to a screeching halt in order not to crash.....

3. people who have no concepts of queues ..at bank, cinema...etc...

4. Pizza hut guys who expect large tips after 1h30 mins.....special express delivery!

5. When the security guard yells YOU YOU YOU!

6. people who want to raise dogs but keep them outside without leashes free to roam and raise havoc....real animal lovers!!

7. Sitting in a deckchair in Jomtien and being asked if I want an ice cream, fried shrimps,manicure,massage,jet ski, tattoo, diamonds etc..100 times an hour.

Probably best if you all just go home I am sure where ever you come from has all of the above.. 

Why so aggressive?

I think the original post places a fair question.

BTW, first time I came to Pattaya was in 1973, after 75 I stopped going there, as it became too 'touristy' for me. Been there one more time, New Year '83 and did not like it. That's my opinion, shall I go home now?

I do not know davethailand, but from his regular postings I understand he is running his business there, which means WORK, something many people do not know how to spell, got married and sounds happy. Somewhere in here are pictures showing the couple.

What's wrong for somebody like Dave, who is contributing to the society in Pattaya to point out what could be improved? I even assume he pays taxes which is not true for many others, Thais or farang. I could imagine he sees Thailand and Pattaya as his home, so where should he go to?

Sorry, Dave, I don't want to get personal, but I get p*ssed off with 'go home' comments.

tony's staff trying to nick my customers by handing out free drink tickets next to my staff on walking st.

Well they would only go to Tonys once.

Tonys idea of service and pricing would soon put them off

That place is the worst venue in Thailand.

the arab section

As long as they stay in it!! :o

the french/ arabs on big bikes

Yes but its all worth while when one of them seriously hurts themselves from falling off their penis extension :D

I thought it was a substitute.

Like the lady boys?

Mod.

Edited by astral

Dislikes

1. when the waiter wants to fill up your glass of whisley/coke every 2 minutes, when it is still half full...(you lose track)

2. when people put on their blinkers after they have made the turn..and you have stopped your car to a screeching halt in order not to crash.....

3. people who have no concepts of queues ..at bank, cinema...etc...

4. Pizza hut guys who expect large tips after 1h30 mins.....special express delivery!

5. When the security guard yells YOU YOU YOU!

6. people who want to raise dogs but keep them outside without leashes free to roam and raise havoc....real animal lovers!!

7. Sitting in a deckchair in Jomtien and being asked if I want an ice cream, fried shrimps,manicure,massage,jet ski, tattoo, diamonds etc..100 times an hour.

Pluto number 7 bugs the ###### out of me,All i want to do is chill out with a drink.

There is no perfect place in this world. I retired from working in the USA and now live in Thailand...I want to stay here and I find a number of things about Thai life aggrevating and would like to see them improved. Just because I would like to change some things does not mean I am complaining or I should leave this country. In order to improve life you must recognize things that should, in your opinion, be improved and offer suggestions to do so.

Driving here or being anywhere near where people are driving in Pattaya is a health threat. The lack of concern over public safety...open holes on unlit sidewalks. People crowding in lines at the post office. My major area of concern is noise...It seems that people here like to share their music and converstation with everyone...The people carrying on conversations with each other and over cellphones in the cinema, the neighbor across the soi who thinks everyone likes to hear amplified music at two in the morning and the dog owners who think dogs should run free and that the sound of barking is soothing to the ear.

I would like to see a more civil society here and have some issues with life here BUT I am here and intend to stay...I have adjusted a great deal and my attitude has become either much more accepting or I've become more accustomed to things here.

Lighten up on each other, folks. :o:D

Don't take life so seriously,the forums on here are generally light hearted,and just because somebody does not like something,is not really meaning they would rather go back to where they came from.

Take a chill pill

No one is suggesting they want to go back, I am sugessting the ones who like it just the way it is would probably prefer them to go back rather than start a landslide of changes.
what about ladyboys on street corners? (don't answer that one. for all we know you might be a jenny star bar regular)

Any day rather than sitting with a bunch of mullet heads and coming out smelling like a stale ashtray in the BF. ( now if I was a complainer I would be telling everyone it shut it down because I don't like it and I would rather the JP bar was extended so I didnt have to stand on the street at 3.00am)

Something about Ladyboys that worries you dave? an inner longing perhaps?

What I do understand is that there are thousnads of people here all with pet hates that they would like changed, should the Thais just cater for you or should they cater for every foriegner who wants something changed?

If they did I doubt many of you would want to stay, understand that when change starts it is rarely for the best in the long run, the things you disslike may well go but so will many many of the things you like, changes always lead to more changes. (ever heard the saying "in the good old days")

This country will evolve quiet well I am sure without farrangs speeding up the process just so they feel more at home.

Adjust Guys its not that hard, live and let live..

>I’m sure other people have their own but here are just a few of my pet hates I >would like the authorities to consider changing

-> The authorities time would be better spent guiding, helping and assisting all those who have been put out of work from the social order crackdown, this would seriously help these people and reduce the massive crime wave that continues because these people no longer have an income.

>Poor lighting on the beach road (beach side)

>Installing extra lighting

-> Where? On the pavement or or the actual beach? Again, money would be better spent towards charities, orphanes, aids education...

>Phone boxes in the middle of the pavement

>Move them to a more appropriate area

-> Need wider footpaths for this baby... any civil engineers ready to assist?

>Motorbikes parked at the side of the road without a gap to mount the pavement

>Paint no parking areas at the side of the roads with corresponding areas on the >opposite side and fine offenders who park in them

-> Got em already mate in most areas and where they dont, the extra walk is good exercise for you :o

>Motorbikes being ridden on the pavement

>Fine offenders

-> A rare site... but when it does happen, does not really cause a problem... I quite like the excitement of gauging which way they are going to go... play chicken with them and watch their face as they get closer...

>Motorbikes being ridden down the wrong side of the road

>Fine offenders

-> Shortcuts mate, come on we have all taken em... and does actually relate to your next comment... this is a world wide traffic issue... depending on your location it could always be difficult to cross the road?

-> As for comments on big bikes, lets not get racial, as we all know, big bikes are ridden by all races here!!! ... and there are lots of small bikes that are being ridden around which are far more dangerous, just not as loud... can't hear em comin...

Take a chill pill

No one is suggesting they want to go back, I am sugessting the ones who like it just the way it is would probably prefer them to go back rather than start a landslide of changes.

what about ladyboys on street corners? (don't answer that one. for all we know you might be a jenny star bar regular)
Any day rather than sitting with a bunch of mullet heads and coming out smelling like a stale ashtray in the BF. ( now if I was a complainer I would be telling everyone it shut it down because I don't like it and I would rather the JP bar was extended so I didnt have to stand on the street at 3.00am)

What I do understand is that there are thousnads of people here all with pet hates that they would like changed, should the Thais just cater for you or should they cater for every foriegner who wants something changed?

If they did I doubt many of you would want to stay, understand that when change starts it is rarely for the best in the long run, the things you disslike may well go but so will many many of the things you like, changes always lead to more changes. (ever heard the saying "in the good old days")

This country will evolve quiet well I am sure without farrangs speeding up the process just so they feel more at home.

Adjust Guys its not that hard, live and let live..

The economy of Pattaya relies on tourists. To bring in such tourists, you sometimes have to cater to them. Removing the thieving ladyboys, road and sidewalk maintenance, banning of relentless peddlers, etc. are some things that the city and tourists would benefit from.

When Thaksin visted Phuket recently he said, "I want the tourists to see beauty not only at their resorts, but also from the airport to the resort". Thaksin realises that Thailand's reputation environmentally and socially has a detrimental affect on the number of new and returning tourists to Thailand each year. Hopefully, places like Phuket, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and other high tourist areas will receive additional funding and resources to strengthen municipal infrastructure and social services (i.e. increasing the police force, alternative paramedic services, immigration liasons, professional health care clinics, etc.). Not only will this draw more tourists to these communities, but also improve the standard of living for local residents.

Any day rather than sitting with a bunch of mullet heads and coming out smelling like a stale ashtray in the BF. (
now if I was a complainer I would be telling everyone it shut it down because I don't like it and I would rather the JP bar was extended so I didnt have to stand on the street at 3.00am)

was that you in there the other night then? :D

maybe i am a complainer, i don't give a toss though, i run a business and listen to people who come to pattaya and they like me have many complaints about the city.

if a customer has a complaint about the club then i'll try and fix, i'll ask you again, whats wrong with making it safer? ie, roads, pavements etc.

nice one mate, never heard that one before. :o

now if I was a complainer I would be telling everyone it shut it down because I don't like it and I would rather the JP bar was extended so I didnt have to stand on the street at 3.00am)

something you cannot do i'm afraid, :D

there are nicer bars than jp bar and some of the tossers who gather there in the early hours,

have you never had a problem there?

cheers :D

something you cannot do i'm afraid, 

there are nicer bars than jp bar and some of the tossers who gather there in the early hours,

cheers 

The only problem I have is its too busy to get a drink sometimes..

i'll ask you again, whats wrong with making it safer? ie, roads, pavements etc.

And I'll tell you again let the Thai people deal with it, they don't need you fixing it, they will do it in their own good time.

Evolution has to be natural from within, everything you do has a knock on effect if you push it, and those knock on effects usually have an adverse effect on the bottom rung of society.

Go ask the street vendors and motorcycle renters what they would rather see changed, see how it compares to the mullets who visit your club. It ain't yours or the mullets country just because they live here or holiday here and you pay a bit of tax.

Your all asking for things that benefit you, rather than the general population.

something you cannot do i'm afraid, 

cheers 

The only problem I have is its too busy to get a drink sometimes..

i'll ask you again, whats wrong with making it safer? ie, roads, pavements etc.
And I'll tell you again let the Thai people deal with it, they don't need you fixing it, they will do it in their own good time.

Evolution has to be natural from within, everything you do has a knock on effect if you push it, and those knock on effects usually have an adverse effect on the bottom rung of society.

Go ask the street vendors and motorcycle renters what they would rather see changed, see how it compares to the mullets who visit your club. It ain't yours or the mullets country just because they live here or holiday here and you pay a bit of tax.

Your all asking for things that benefit you, rather than the general population.

:o

they will do it in their own good time.

but the holiday makers will get pissed off waiting for them to actually do it.

where's this mullet thing come from?

my true wishes are for the government to look after there own people better instead of buying private <deleted> planes.

the problems mentioned in pattaya are real but i can honestly live here very happily with them remaining, i'm not really that bothered.

alot of the things don't affect my business so i'm not pulling my hair out over them, the bad name jp bar has does sometimes affect my business so it winds me up sometimes, but luckily they are always empty up until 2am so it does'nt really bother my customers who have to walk through there to get in my place.

I know the owners very well and they are also regulars in the BF, i think they could do with some form of security sometimes.

a while back i was confronted by some french arab prick because i politely asked him to move from the door so i could lock it. That i won't put up with as i'm sure you'd agree.[/color]

Ok Dave a truce, no more name calling, :o

I just imagine blues fans sitting round with Mullets.

I agree there are things that could change, but in the 8 years I have been here now I think this country is evolving fast enough, all sectors have to change at the same time.

Thailand is in danger of making changes to fit in with the west and the wests way of thinking that could hurt the poorer classes if they are not bought along too, this always seems to be something most forget about in their rush to keep up with the Bush's and Blair's and turn a country into their own little bit of home from home.

Again you are right JP does jave a bad rep and some pratts in there but thats the nature of Pattaya, most evey bar here does at some point, still if they weren't around none of us would look so good..

I just wish some one would start another thread about HowardTV I love the way they always end up getting deleted.

I just imagine blues fans sitting round with Mullets.
we have rock music as well :D

chons right, only the krauts have mullets (or 70's football players) :D

the mullet police

Thailand is in danger of making changes to fit in with the west and the wests way of thinking that could hurt the poorer classes if they are not bought along too, this always seems to be something most forget about in their rush to keep up with the Bush's and Blair's and turn a country into their own little bit of home from home

agreed 100%

I just wish some one would start another thread about HowardTV I love the way they always end up getting deleted.

hmm, that is a mystery is'nt it, maybe we have a top secret undercover tourist police volunteer monitoring us :o:D

Pattaya Cable(Sophon) taking off the footie.

When?

I was watching on Saturday and Sunday. (I assume your talking about Aussie Rules).

But when I got back to Bang Phli last night (Sunday) I found no ABC Asia Pacific on the piped TV service. Maybe ABC want to charge now - before it was free-to-air.

A lot of the things complained about in this thread are also of concern to the Thai population. They also need to make a living from the tourists and City Hall has received many complaints about the lighting along Beach Road, street vendors / beggars / time-share salesmen blocking the streets.

There are plans to improve these things.

With regard to the motor-bike parking, there is a simple idea in Patong Beach, where a frame of bent rebar is placed every twenty or thirty metres and the bikes are not allowed to park in this. (Like 'U' ) Wide enough to step through.

Everyone that I know, Thai, Brit, German, (even the odd Bruce) wants to see improvements. This is not whingeing, this is usually constructive thought.

A lot of the things complained about in this thread are also of concern to the Thai population. They also need to make a living from the tourists and City Hall has received many complaints about the lighting along Beach Road, street vendors / beggars / time-share salesmen blocking the streets.

There are plans to improve these things.

With regard to the motor-bike parking, there is a simple idea in Patong Beach, where a frame of bent rebar is placed every twenty or thirty metres and the bikes are not allowed to park in this. (Like 'U' ) Wide enough to step through.

Everyone that I know, Thai, Brit, German, (even the odd Bruce) wants to see improvements. This is not whingeing, this is usually constructive thought.

Its good to know that city hall is already trying to address some of the problems around town

The bent rebar idea sounds brilliant to me

Like me you obviously dont know Ben Dover it seems he's the only one who doesn't like the idea of improvements for the benefit of locals, residents and tourists

Ask the street vendors and the thousands of locals and farrangs they feed daily if they think its a good idea they are moved.

Take soi pattaya land where recently the ever so enlightened new mayor decided that the street vendors should move under the flyover on Thapraya rd leading to the new pier, A petition was submited to the city hall by not only the vendors but the locals who work there and also by the business owners whose staff now have to travel 20 minutes to eat.

Ask the motor cycle vendors if they would prefer to have to move from beach road and the side streets?

What I am saying is you guys are asking for things that you do not like changed, for every one of you who doesn't like them there are 10 who live from them and earn a living from them.

Stop being so short sighted, change is good when it hapens naturally not when a tourist comes up with an idea after a few days holiday.

How many of these snap ideas that are initiated without consulting the people they affect are reversed every year in Thailand.