Burned Dvd's Not Readable

basjke

I have installed 2 identical liteon dvd writers which support all formats.One is set as master and has lightscribe abbility and the second set as slave.When I burn a dvd on the master writer my computer will play the movie but my standalone dvd player will not.It will give a still picture.I can jump to next chapter and everything put the picture will be frozen and my display will show condition memory.When I burn the same movie with the same burn software on the slave writer there will be no problem with my dvd player.Any suggestions?

You need not just to burn the DVD movie but create a DVD movie. If you use Nero, use nero Vision for to cretae the DVD! That will play in most single DVD Player!

You need not just to burn the DVD movie but create a DVD movie. If you use Nero, use nero Vision for to cretae the DVD! That will play in most single DVD Player!

Reimar,if you read my original post again you will see that the movie is properly burned on the dvd but the one burned with the slave writer can be played on my standalone player the one burned with the master writer will not.However that both dvd writers are identical and the same software used.

OK, may you try the following but I suggest to use DVD-RW for this:

Set the Jumper to Cable select, burn and check;

is this not works, swap the drives on the cable, burn and check again;

if it not works, do the same with setting to Master and vice versa.

This is for to check both drives works correctly.

If none of this work, you should replace the faulty one, hopefully you still have warranty!

When I burn a dvd on the master writer my computer will play the movie but my standalone dvd player will not.

There are a variety of media vs player compatibility issues. DVD-RW is designed to be compatible with generation 1 dvd players. DVD+RW is designed to be compatible with generation 2 dvd players, and DVD-RAM is designed to be compatible with generation 3 dvd players. How do you know what generation your player is? Probably impossible to tell. Furthermore, rewriteable media has more reflectivity issues compared to write once. Moral of the story? For the best chance of compatibility with dvd players, burn a DVD-R disc.

When I burn a dvd on the master writer my computer will play the movie but my standalone dvd player will not.

There are a variety of media vs player compatibility issues. DVD-RW is designed to be compatible with generation 1 dvd players. DVD+RW is designed to be compatible with generation 2 dvd players, and DVD-RAM is designed to be compatible with generation 3 dvd players. How do you know what generation your player is? Probably impossible to tell. Furthermore, rewriteable media has more reflectivity issues compared to write once. Moral of the story? For the best chance of compatibility with dvd players, burn a DVD-R disc.

The issue isn't about compatibility because I used same dvd's in both writers and from one writer it would play the movie from the other it would not.However I just solved the problem.Went to the liteon website and found that there was a firmware update.Installed the updates and now the dvd's burned on both writers will play on my standalone dvd player.Also noticed that the drives run smoother then before.Regarding the dvd compatibility from stand alone dvd players inserted link will take you to a website that has all information about the formats and standards your dvd player can handle. click here