Do You Keep Your Car In A Garage?

corkscrew

We have covered parking at our condo, on the ground floor "void deck" (as Singaporeans call it). However, we cover the cars every night because pigeons like to sleep on the overhead water drain pipes, and walking out in the morning to a crap covered car is a thrice weekly event at minimum. We got the thicker rain-proof covers as opposed to the thin nylon "dust covers", and throw them in the public coin-op washing machine once in a while to clean them up.

How many more reasons can Corky come up with to post pictures of his cars??

Maybe its worth a pole?

Hi Moonfruit

I'm glad its not just me then, that was thinking the same as you :D:D:D

Its a shame the engines have to be started every week to keep em working though, bet he would'nt need to do that if they were Jap motors :D:bah::bah:

Hey Moonfriut we could have another pole to try to guess what make of car he owns, although he might want to keep that a secret :o

Only joking Corky

Dave (proud owner of a issan tracktor)

:o

i had my malaysian car parked in airport hotel parking .. once it was towed into the nearby police station, after i failed to show up after a month.. came to pick it up .. after 40+days.. started the engine & off i went :o ..

Thai car lives in condo :D

Edited by asiaworld

Maybe its worth a pole?

The are beautyfull! what's the problem!!

Theres no problem Peterd!

Hang around this forum long enough and you will see that corky gets a ribbing regularly.

He deserves it for being such a flash sod!

I'm a bit of a cheap skate as I keep the McLaren F1 and Murcielago in the same climate controlled hanger as the old Learjet.

Sunseeker has it's own desalinated dock when not in use. Have you heard what salt water can do to fibreglass?

wise decisions! :o

I'm a bit of a cheap skate as I keep the McLaren F1 and Murcielago in the same climate controlled hanger as the old Learjet.

i hope you did not forget to hire three chaps who work in shifts and monitor the relative humidity? computerised gadgets are not reliable!

Wish I had a fully enclosed garage! Just have a covered car park area next to the house.

Why is that, by the way? I mean, a couple thousand baht for some bricks & mortar and you do have it enclosed, but, why? Snow storms aren't that common in these parts?

Edited by chanchao

Maybe its worth a pole?

Hi Moonfruit

I'm glad its not just me then, that was thinking the same as you :D:D:D

Its a shame the engines have to be started every week to keep em working though, bet he would'nt need to do that if they were Jap motors :D:bah::bah:

Hey Moonfriut we could have another pole to try to guess what make of car he owns, although he might want to keep that a secret :o

Only joking Corky

Dave (proud owner of a issan tracktor)

Actually, it is the batteries that need the 'start up' as there are so many drains on it when the car is sleeping.

Maybe its worth a pole?

The are beautyfull! what's the problem!!

Theres no problem Peterd!

Hang around this forum long enough and you will see that corky gets a ribbing regularly.

He deserves it for being such a flash sod!

You are right. I plead guilty. Hey, but you guys like cars too. Right?

Edited by corkscrew

Actually, it is the batteries that need the 'start up' as there are so many drains on it when the car is sleeping.

20 baht switch to disconnect the battery when going away?

I agree chanchao- or a cheap spanner to undo the negative terminal on the battery while away. Starting the engine to charge the battery and replace the amount of electricity used by the clock and the stereo memories would be pointless unless the engine is run for a considerable amount of time afterward to replace the substantially larger amount of juice used by the starter to crank the engine over.

20 baht switch to disconnect the battery when going away?

I agree chanchao- or a cheap spanner to undo the negative terminal on the battery while away. Starting the engine to charge the battery and replace the amount of electricity used by the clock and the stereo memories would be pointless unless the engine is run for a considerable amount of time afterward to replace the substantially larger amount of juice used by the starter to crank the engine over.

I have found that running the engine once a week for 10 minutes will keep the batteries fully charged.

With older cars that don't have deliberate battery drain fields disconnecting the negative pole on the battery will be enough...even over a relatively long period of time. But, the new cars...with their tool's thirst for juice...a weekly start or a battery trickle charge is necessary for even a month long garage stay.