Powdered Milk?

foolforlove

I've been looking around for powdered milk. Anyone seen it?

In Thai, it seems to translate to something equivalent of "milk dust". So in stores I am often directed to powdered non-dairy coffee creamer or to the baby food section for dehydrated milk based infant formula.

I am not looking for infant formula, just regular un-enhanced powdered milk that I can add to a recipe.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I've been looking around for powdered milk. Anyone seen it?

In Thai, it seems to translate to something equivalent of "milk dust". So in stores I am often directed to powdered non-dairy coffee creamer or to the baby food section for dehydrated milk based infant formula.

I am not looking for infant formula, just regular un-enhanced powdered milk that I can add to a recipe.

Return to the baby formula aisle of the store. Look for the boxes that don't have babies on them. That's milk powder. At least, in my experience it is.

The milk powder I bought (with descriptive help from cathyy) is called "Anlene Low Fat Milk Powder". It's made by "Fonterra" (a company from New Zealand, but I'm sure it's produced locally). There is a Gold version (with gold writing on it) that is for people over 50, and a non-gold version (sans gold font). Seems like the over 50 version has more calcium in it. It is indeed just powdered milk and sold in the baby formula section of most grocery stores (I found it in Tops). It's a green and white box with adults on the front doing tai chi and stretches. I went on their site, and found the description of their product. Here's the info: CLICK HERE.