Anyone Like To Play Board Or Card Games?

kurtgruen

Hi guys and gals,

I am looking for some people to play cards with. I am out in Chiang Dao. My wife and I have a restaurant here and I would love to find some people to play skat, bridge, chess or some other games with. I know gambling is illegal and I am not talking about gambling...just some friendly games for entertainment only.

I can't get away much from here, because our farang customers expect somebody foreign to talk to, while they are here, so it would have to be somebody who will play out here. I don't mind paying for the coffee. I don't want you to spend money here, just play cards or a nice game of chess.

Any takers?

I've had lurking in the back of my mind for a while now the idea of taking up again the playing of go (Japanese board game, also known as i-go). Do you know it? Does it interest you? If so, that might inspire me to try to persuade that idea to stop lurking and start acting . . .

I'm rather partial to RISK these days...

To be found on-line at www.conquerclub.com

There's free accounts with which you can play up to 4 games at the same time, and then paid for unlimited games concurrently. (So there's no limit to how many games you can play for free, just how many games concurrently). Loads of people playing on that site.

They've got the classic Risk map of course, but also loads of others, some with interesting bonus structures.

I enjoy games and was playing a weekly Mahjong at my home for some years. Unfortunately one of our set dropped out and we had to stop a few months ago. So, does anybody fancy a few hours of Richi Mahjong once a week or so?

Chiang Dao is, I'm afraid, just too far. We are at Hang Dong, and familial responsibilities would make playing there impossible.

I'm rather partial to RISK these days...

To be found on-line at www.conquerclub.com

There's free accounts with which you can play up to 4 games at the same time, and then paid for unlimited games concurrently. (So there's no limit to how many games you can play for free, just how many games concurrently). Loads of people playing on that site.

They've got the classic Risk map of course, but also loads of others, some with interesting bonus structures.

Thanks for the link Chanchao. I love playing risk. I had a board, but my daughters in Canada claimed it. I need to buy another one.

For the past year or two, I've been playing Mindsosofts "Rise of Nation". Quite similar to risk and it's a no brainer, when I play the computer. I just set it on whatever level I can beat it and I always feel good LOL