Oversized Complaint

Travel2003

Anyone seen this?

Quite amazing that Bangkok Post print this. Even though one can say whatever one wants.

Hopefully a storm of mails/letters will hit them.

""

It is very difficult for oversized women to travel in Bangkok because of small taxis and little seats on the skytrain and the subway. You have almost nothing in the stores for oversized women and you never have articles in the Bangkok Post that address our special needs.

Thai women all look undernourished; the way they dress is disgusting, and the cosmetics they use are cheap and tacky.

Please address these issues in your newspaper.

SUSAN SUTTON

Chiang Mai ""

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone seen this?

Quite amazing that Bangkok Post print this. Even though one can say whatever one wants.

""

It is very difficult for oversized women to travel in Bangkok because of small taxis and little seats on the skytrain and the subway. You have almost nothing in the stores for oversized women and you never have articles in the Bangkok Post that address our special needs.

Thai women all look undernourished; the way they dress is disgusting, and the cosmetics they use are cheap and tacky.

SUSAN SUTTON

Chiang Mai ""

A troll letter for sure. Can't beleive that the BP would publish it, on the other hand I suppose I shouldn't be suprised. :o

Yeah I saw this too! Can't believe they printed it! Pure troll. She must be a member of Thaivisa!

To be a so called serious paper, they seem to slip up a lot.

""She must be a member of Thaivisa!""

Surely your last paragraph is a joke?

Anyone seen this?

""

SUSAN SUTTON

Chiang Mai ""

What arrogant, self-centered, ethno-centirc moron.

She must not know very much about Thailand.

What was the name of the woman who had the letter in the Post back in the early 90's or before?

Edith somebody?

That was obviously an expat guy with too much time on his hands but hilarious - i think they even had a compilation of her letters produced in book form.

Roger Crutchely was rumoured to be the source but that as probably bar talk

You beat me to it! :o

If it were posted as a topic on Thai Visa for sure the first reply would be along the lines of "Do not feed the.........."

I to, am amazed that the BP printed it, maybe they want to pad the letters page out with the responses over the next couple of weeks. Assuming she is a real person, man or woman, the attitude presented is of a thoroughly evil piece of work.

Also, does she expect the BP to devote it's resources to alter transport, clothing and make up just to suit the lard ar5e snobs of farang society? Why doesn't she write to the UN and complain that her civil rights are being abused and they should stop worrying about Burma and get down to the real stuff.

Got to agree with sbk here, more like a man with a bit too much time on their hands. Either way, could also point out the overweight farang men in thailand too & where they buy their clothes or fit their fat asses in taxis as well but lets face it, who cares enough to get all bothered about it, as long as their keep their bodies clean & odour free (thats men & women) then I am happy. :o

Last week there were a couple of letters by some "Lady" with a hyphenated surname who went on and on about food and port, though that was not the stated thrust of her point. Rather amusing.

I bet thats the one I was referring to in the psot above - she dud have a double barelled surname

About a decade ago there was a brilliant one about not being able to get th staff to dust the Wedgewood correctly and how the gardener could not multi taks and water the garden as well as collect the mail from the gate.

Lets see how many humour by-passes this letter exposes.

Edith Clampton - that was her

She even got bites before we had web forums - a letter from 1996 :o:D

"No faith in Philippines

SIR: I was shocked to read in the Bangkok Post that the Philippines will be launching its own satellite in 1996. With all due respect and with traumatic experiences behind me, I can honestly say that country is not technically advanced enough to be setting off its own rockets. I have written to the President of the Philippines, Cardinal Sin, and asked him to stop this nonsense. They should be seeking the assistance of another country to help launch their satellite.

If they do insist on firing rockets into space, I hope they give us plenty of warning so that we can build air-raid shelters. The last thing I want is to be on the receiving end of a Philipino rocket.

Edith Clampton (Mrs)

A rocket for Edith

SIR: Excuse me, but I cannot help but to react to Mrs Edith Clampton’s letter about the Philippines.

Edith Clampton, the Philippines may not be as technologically advanced as your country of origin, but we, the Filipino people (not Philipino), are not idiots either. I believe that we can do good without seeking the assistance of another country in launching our own satellite. We can make something as good as you people can by utilising our own resources and our very own capabilities, however “limited” they may be compared to your “high” standards.

With all those “traumatic” experiences you have had in our country, I am sure that you can never be convinced that we can really launch satellites. So why not start building your own air-raid shelter and stay there so you can stop worrying about Philippine-made rockets crashing on your head? Or better yet, since I assume you come from a technologically advanced country, why don’t you just build your own spacecraft and fly as far as you can from the Philippines and the rest of Southeast Asia. Mister Low-Tech

Kantang, Trang

Personally I find it difficult to believe this as written by a man. Her first paragraph talks about small taxi seats and clothes shopping. Do guys even think about these things? She then goes on to criticise other women’s use of make-up. Guys hardly know what make-up is, they’re too busy drooling at her breasts or other body parts to even notice her make-up.

Got to agree with sbk here, more like a man with a bit too much time on their hands. Either way, could also point out the overweight farang men in thailand too & where they buy their clothes or fit their fat asses in taxis as well but lets face it, who cares enough to get all bothered about it, as long as their keep their bodies clean & odour free (thats men & women) then I am happy. :o

i've never seen a farang woman as fat as some of the farang men here!

one could go whale hunting with a harpoon in nana, seriously.

i've never seen a farang woman as fat as some of the farang men here!

one could go whale hunting with a harpoon in nana, seriously.

Was this a casual observation of the Nana Plaza Entertainment complex? :D

and you never have articles in the Bangkok Post that address our special needs.

their needs are to shed some lard , if only to free up some much needed room on the skytrain for the rest of us , the 5 flights of stairs to reach the skytrain and the 30 degree heat is a perfect way for them to start addressing our needs.

troll or not , well done bangkok post for printing a provocative letter like that .

thai visa take note.

Could easily be a lady.

A few years ago I was vacationing in Punta Cana with a group of friends from the US. We were staying at an all-inclusive resort complex and most of the guests were European. One day at the pool bar we were talking to a rather large group of ladies (both the number of people and the size of the people were large) from Germany. At the time I was living in Japan and as it turns out some of that German group had been in Japan last year; they spent the better part of the next hour complaining about how difficult it was for them (due to their size) on the trip thru Japan (subway seating, all the stairs, all the walking, seat spacing on domestic flights, etc, etc, etc).

Granted the letter is about Thailand and not Japan, but I found it amazing how this group of ladies got so bent because everything in a foreign country was actually desgined based upon the local population and not based upon their fat <deleted>.