Nocturnal Enuresis

sugarhead

Hi Everyone,

My 6 year old son has been suffering from enuresis (bed peeing) since always. He still wears nappies every night and although he's trying hard to do whatever he can to help preventing, he doesn't manage to wake up dry in the morning.

Is there any known cure or remedy for this condition ?

thanks

Some childern wet their beds into their teens. The good news is most eventually stop without other interventions. There is also one device you might try that does help. As I recall, there is an alarm system for sale in the US that will sound when the child starts to wet. The alarm will help condition the child to wake up to use the toilet before wetting. Try a Google search for "bedwetting alarm". Here is one link for you to get started.

http://bedwettingstore.com/

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

Some childern wet their beds into their teens. .... Try a Google search for "bedwetting alarm". Here is one link for you to get started.

http://bedwettingstore.com/

Sears in America used to sell an alarm device like this. Might be available only thru their catalog. Works well on kids who are have a deep sleep pattern. After a few nights with the alarm, they wake up dry.

did you try " minrin " it's a hormon you normally make at nighttime to minimize urine-production

i have seen good results

While its sometimes overplayed, don't forget the emotional and psychological angle. Some children (and young adults) have very vivid and disturbing dreams, particularly related to fears and phobias. These events can result in bed wetting. Children particularly are sometimes reluctant to talk about them, because they think they will be laughed at. But most do disappear as they get older. Tim