Mariage Visa Based On Income.

I want to advice with you to know if its right this calculation(the tax office said its right but again I'm not sure if its qualified for the visa requirments..).

The shop income(on name of wife) = 40,000 B.

My income (foreigner) = 20,000 B.

Together = 60,000 B /Month. = 720,000 B /year.

Will it be right to do so? I try to get the documents and pay in tax office of course for combined income of :

20,000 B for me.

20,000 B for my wife.

(together 40,000 :D.

Tax =9700 B for my income

3000 B for my wife's income.

Total tax to pay = 12,700 B.

Is that right?

Do I need to make it higher income or is that income enough?

Thanks guys.. :o

I ask because before 1 year I asked here and sunbelt told me 17,000 B tax.

here is the link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=93770&hl=

So I afraid the tax office didn't calculate it right for my visa thing..

+What do you mean "You only need a combined income, before tax" ??

Is there any other place that I need to go to get papers for immigration?

*ps: I have already 1 year "work-permit" on income of 20K baht/month but only now that its close to the visa I went to the tax office to get the papers right for the visa.

+small small question: How long before my visa expired I need to go to apply for my "visa based on mariage"/"extention of stay based on mariage" ?

(my current visa is non 'o' from thai embassy in my country).

1. Last year you were asking about your wife having a business that would provide you a work permit as well as extension of stay - you are not asking that now. Sunbelt answer was based on that and normal work permit income requirements.

2. You asked about "marriage visa" which I am sure you mean "extension of stay" and that is based on a combined monthly income of 40k. There is no other financial requirement for that. Before tax income is the income you declare on your tax documents. 20k each in your example.

3. In addition to tax payment proof you should obtain letter of account balance from bank and have bank passbook/copies within the week. Photos together inside and outside home and showing street number. Copy of passport/visas/arrival card. Copy of wife ID card and home register. Current 4x6cm photo for application.

4. You should apply with about 3-4 weeks remaining on your current permitted to stay stamp.

I ask because before 1 year I asked here and sunbelt told me 17,000 B tax.

here is the link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=93770&hl=

So I afraid the tax office didn't calculate it right for my visa thing..

+What do you mean "You only need a combined income, before tax" ??

Is there any other place that I need to go to get papers for immigration?

*ps: I have already 1 year "work-permit" on income of 20K baht/month but only now that its close to the visa I went to the tax office to get the papers right for the visa.

+small small question: How long before my visa expired I need to go to apply for my "visa based on marriage"/"extension of stay based on marriage" ?

(my current visa is non 'o' from Thai embassy in my country).

Hi ZZZ9

Immigration need to see documentary proof of your 'family' income of not less than 40,000b per month. When I say family, I mean it can be from You,your Wife or Joint income. If the income is from WITHIN Thailand, they will require Tax Certs (obtained from your local Ampur Office) as proof. If income is from abroad they will require a 'Proof of income' letter from your Embassy each and every year.

Hope that clarifies the matter

Dave

i assume you are working in thailand and have an income of 20,000 baht so it means your employer is withholding tax from you already, or not? if yes, then it is better that you and your wife declare separately (i assume that you are also not one of the official shop owner - not your company) as it is more cheaper compare to your combined tax.

Well its my wife shop.I'm just her worker.. (hehehe..:o ).

anyway I think the tax will do it separately as they separate the tax for each one of us.

We didn't paid tax until now and they will sort it out for us.we will need to pay some small fee.

As I said: 9700 b /year for me.

3000 b / year for my wife.

LOPBURI:

"you should obtain letter of account balance from bank and have bank passbook/copies within the week"

What do you mean?? I don't really have bank statement for these "20,000 baht income".

So does it make me "unqualified" ??

Thank you for your help.

***by the way I DID ASKED AND GOT ANSWER FOR THE "extension of stay" last year...

here is sunbelt answer in that time:

However to answer your question to get legal with a extension of stay permit as well.

The extension of stay based on marriage for new applicants after Oct 1st 2006) requires 40,000 Baht per month.

If you are getting 15,000 Baht per month, your wife needs to make 25,000 Baht per month.

This means the shop has to do 1,000,000 Baht per year. You then can deduct 70% under Thai tax law as deductions, without any receipts. (Remember this is for a self employed shop…sole proprietor)

Deductions of 30,000 Baht as a single taxpayer (you will be claiming yourself on a separate tax filing)

Net assessable Income is 270,000 Baht

Total personal income tax is 17,000 Baht (1-100,000 is 0%, 100,001- 270,000 is 10%)

Your personal tax would be

Salary per month of 15,000 Baht times 12 = 180,000 Baht

Less for expense for taxpayer 40% of income but no more than 60K) 60,000

Less for Single taxpayer 30,000

Total is 90,000 Baht

Tax owed is zero

In this case, in order than for you to get a work permit and an extension of stay based on marriage. The tax would be 17,000 Baht per year and you would both would show proof of a combined income of 40K per month.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

what do u mean why I'm getting involved?

I have a work permit.so anyway I have to get some sallary for this "job" right?

If you have cheaper way to do it tell me so as I will go tomorrow to make all the documents.

*read what I wrote you'll know all the details.

I thought it is cheap compare to sunbelt advice (12700 b VS 17000 :o.

Go search a post made perhaps a month ago about a guy who went to the amphur and paid about 2500 for 12 months tax on his wife's 40k a month income for last year (thus on 480k) and then went to immigration and got his extension on the basis of her 40k income. This is unverified I agree but the principle is right. How she earns the income may be a consideration but there were a lot of posts and threads in the last couple of months, some started by me asking the very question of how to achieve the 12 month extension for the lowest cost.

If you want to work and thus need a WP fine but if you are doing it only to get and extension to stay then you are chucking money away as her income of 40k alone is sufficient.

Go search a post made perhaps a month ago about a guy who went to the amphur and paid about 2500 for 12 months tax on his wife's 40k a month income for last year (thus on 480k) and then went to immigration and got his extension on the basis of her 40k income. This is unverified I agree but the principle is right. How she earns the income may be a consideration but there were a lot of posts and threads in the last couple of months, some started by me asking the very question of how to achieve the 12 month extension for the lowest cost.

If you want to work and thus need a WP fine but if you are doing it only to get and extension to stay then you are chucking money away as her income of 40k alone is sufficient.

Exactly what I thought as well , 40k is 40k .....

But I am also thinking about when I applied for an extension a couple of

years ago ( when it was still the money in bank ) , that the imm officer

told us that for the next extension ( which I did not make :o ) I should

have a job and workpermit .

So that makes me wonder if that may be the reason why the OP made

the permit , if it is not necessary anymore or not at all for the foreigner to work,

but the wifes income if fine I see no reason why to ask for a permit

when not needing to, and unnecessary taxing as well .

Maybe somebody can clear this up .....

moment moment moment !!!

Is that means that I don't have to pay this high tax???

Few facts:

1) I have work-permit because I really work in my wife's shop and need to be legal.

2) The idea of paying that much tax is only because I thought sunbelt gave the best and lowest way to do it so.

So guys please help me as I want to have the extention of stay for the lowest price of course.. :D .

Actually I cant see why I need to even tell the immigration I have a work permit right?

the visa and work-permit are really seperate here.

BUT I do know that if I have a work-permit(which I do have) I need to declare on some kind of sallary I earn.

In my case I made it 20,000 B/month which sound to me at that time the right sallery.

I need your help here.. I'm going to tax office tomorrow and I dont want to make mistakes .

(such as pay less¬ get extention OR pay too high tax&get extention).......

:o

ok after I read another example I see that I can just ask for visa based on my wife support me.

we'll pay tax on my wife business that she makes 40,000 baht/month.

She'll pay 2540 b / year in at once to show the immigration.

and I declare on nothing.the work-permit is seperate and correct me if I'm wrong..she'll no need to show any of bank statement for this income as its private business.

Right?

thanks.