Christmas Dinner With Young Children

NaiGreg

Where to go for a decent Christmas Day Dinner with young children? Would prefer a place that may have something fun for the kids. About 7 years we went to the Westin Christmas dinner and they had a roaming Thai Santa and some sexy elves singing carols. Didn't have kids then.

-NG

btw, Santa is a Buddhist. Always has been, but does not observe the "no intoxicants" precept, obviously.

We do have gifts for all children, turkey, stuffing, all the trimmings, pork roast, roast beef, German Dumplings, a huge salad bar and lots of other stuff.

We only have six tickets left, so you have to act fast. Party is on December 24th and open to locals and Expats only

Location: Mon and Kurt's Restaurant and Guesthouse, Chiang Dao http://www.chiangdao.org for phone number and directions

Have to run

Thanks for the offer .. sounds like a lot of fun ... I hope it snows [just a little] up there! :o

But we only have Christmas day to consider.

Great thread this! Hope it gets many replies and the mods add it to the pinned list under "Places to avoid in CM at Christmas".

Play nice now

Christmas dinner AND screaming kids :o get me otta there.....

People with children have this odd habit of wanting to take their offspring with them when they go out. The kids may be noisy but that is part an parcel of them enjoying themselves in a family environment. I hope they have a wonderful time and wish them the best.

For people without children it may not make for an enjoyable meal but such is the way of life on this planet. There are many alternative places to enjoy your meal without them or their noise. Perhaps you may opt for the buffet at the Chedi which is unlikely to be a family sort of venue. Else you may choose to be like me and simply ignore the whole event and hope it goes away. :D

CB

Great thread this! Hope it gets many replies and the mods add it to the pinned list under "Places to avoid in CM at Christmas".

Christmas dinner AND screaming kids :o get me otta there.....

and one pinned topic on "Places frequented by Kid Haters" so that I don't go there to avoid the kids being cursed at.

edit: ps. you could have kindly avoided posting in this thread when it was specifically focused at "Christmas dinner with young children" but you was just itching to say something?

Edited by tigerbeer

Thanks for the offer .. sounds like a lot of fun ... I hope it snows [just a little] up there! :o

Yes, I agree, I have been waiting for snow up here for two years now. Closest we got was about 6Celsius at night down here at the restaurant, but it must go below 0 up on top of the mountain sometime. Never know, with all that Global Warming and Cooling, maybe we'll have a white Christmas one day LOL.

I can picture it already "Doi Chiang Dao Alpine Ski Resort" LOL