The End Of An Era

farangconnection

Well, I guess this will be bad news to some 13,000 people and good news to around 20. The Surin provincial government in it's immense wisdom has decided that after 10 years, The Farang Connection is too close to the Wat to be attracting thousands of visitors and has withdrawn it's drink licence. Actually it has taken the drink licence off all pubs, restaurants and genaral dens of iniquety from everyone within 50 meters of a Temple. ( where of course in Europe a lot of the real good beers are brewed) Where will this madness stop? First, they ban the sale of alchohol on two of the busiest weekends of the year,( which should cut tourism by half) now come up with this ridiculous ruling. I am not even sure if it is just Surin or wether the ruling is nationwide. What do our members think?

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry to read the bad news and I hope your new location will not create an simular problem.

Now i'm worried about : what will happend when the goverment will follow all there rules. Because so much i Know not selling alcohol is not only banned close to Wats it means to any other kind of church or school too.

So next time all shops and pubs have to close. Right !!!???

• 3 weeks later...
Problem resolved. Business as usual.

So does this mean you aren't closing now?

John.....

Closing never even entered our minds. Moving, maybe. Stopping alkihole maybe, but closing never.

So are you going to be selling alcoholic beverages in the FC after January 31st? I.E. So you are not losing your liscence?

It looks like you must have pulled a few strings somewhere along the line, well done big guy. Now just keep your shoes on and knuckle back down to some good old fashioned hard work.

Well done, see ya soon.

John..... :o

Problem resolved. Business as usual.

So does this mean you aren't closing now?

John.....

Closing never even entered our minds. Moving, maybe. Stopping alkihole maybe, but closing never.

You bloody attention whore you!!!!! :o

And why not...................................remember my motto " The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about" :D

And there was me going to make you an offer for the place when I got back.

Oh well not to worry, see ya in a couple of weeks.

John.....

what 5,000 baht for his stock and 2,000 for the rest? :o

Well you was asking 500,000 for your place. In relative terms that makes the FC worth 456,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, baht :D Although I only bought it for 285,000

John.....

what 5,000 baht for his stock and 2,000 for the rest? :D

Well you was asking 500,000 for your place. In relative terms that makes the FC worth 456,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, baht :D Although I only bought it for 285,000

Oh well, just remember, if you ever need a quick extraction from the place there's always a one way ticket back to blighty lying there for you.

What the hel_l, I'll even drive you to the airport.

You can't say fairer than that. :o

John.....

John.....

Oh, I misunderstood, so you have relocated from the bus terminal!! :D

For that price you must have hired a chef from Paris and stopped serving the macfatbastid and replaced it with a three course French dinner consisting of hors d'oeuvers, plat principal and a cheese course accompanied with bread, wine and mineral water. Have you relocated to Silom, Koh Samui or Phuket and own the land and a lovely building??? :D

Edited by TheExpat

John.....

For that price you must have hired a chef from Paris and stopped serving the macfatbastid and replaced it with a three course French dinner consisting of hors d'oeuvers, plat principal and a cheese course accompanied with bread, wine and mineral water. Have you relocated to Silom, Koh Samui or Phuket and own the land and a lovely building??? :D

Well, you know where the British Embassy was.............................................................................

John.....

Well, you know where the British Embassy was.............................................................................

Well in that case, the price should be reduced to 450 baht. Imagine how many Brits I would have to deal with every day. I would rather run a cafe on some back street in Yala :D

I'm glad to hear the good news Lampard...... the FC has been (and happily now remains) on my list of places to go and things to do. Ms. Bino and I just bought a new car and are having some fun driving it all over Thailand, so we just might show up there sooner or later to sign the guestbook. :o

Best wishes for a better year ahead!

[. I would rather run a cafe on some back street in Yala :D

I heard that's where you'd gone anyway :o

I have not been down that far yet. I have been all over the place enjoying life - Phuket, Krabi, Hua Hin, Surat Thani, Koh Samui, Cha am, etc, etc........but I hang my hat in Bangkok.

Surin is okay, but most of the rest of Thailand is a paradise. :D