Retirement Visa Extensions? A Doddle With A Proof Of Income Letter!

Thanks very much Krub,

That takes a weight off my mind...

I'll try to get the full O/A visa in London... I would have had to get a police clearance certificate for the application in Bangkok anyway, and I was concerned about it expiring before the 60 days of continuous residence in Thailand that had to elapse before I could go and upgrade my type O visa to a full O/A.

As I live in London, it will be a lot easier then going up to Hull, (I'm not about to trust my new passport to the mail at this stage).

I assume that it will also avoid the complication of having to get documents translated into Thai...

I'll visit the London Embassy on Monday, and get a list of the exact documentation that they require...

I assume that it will include :

1/ Passport (Currently brand new, and valid for 10 years)

2/ Application form in triplicate, each with a passport size photo,

3/ Additional application form (also in triplicate)

4/ Criminal Record form : Subject Access Report, dated within the last three months.

5/ Medical Record form : verifying that I don't have any of the five dread diseases, signed by my Doctor.

6/ Letter from my Bank : Verifying that my bank statements are accurate, and current.

My date of departure for Thailand is 08/04/08, so I should have ample time to sort this out...

Thanks again

Murg

Thanks very much Krub,

That takes a weight off my mind...

I'll try to get the full O/A visa in London... I would have had to get a police clearance certificate for the application in Bangkok anyway, and I was concerned about it expiring before the 60 days of continuous residence in Thailand that had to elapse before I could go and upgrade my type O visa to a full O/A.

As I live in London, it will be a lot easier then going up to Hull, (I'm not about to trust my new passport to the mail at this stage).

I assume that it will also avoid the complication of having to get documents translated into Thai...

I'll visit the London Embassy on Monday, and get a list of the exact documentation that they require...

I assume that it will include :

1/ Passport (Currently brand new, and valid for 10 years)

2/ Application form in triplicate, each with a passport size photo,

3/ Additional application form (also in triplicate)

4/ Criminal Record form : Subject Access Report, dated within the last three months.

5/ Medical Record form : verifying that I don't have any of the five dread diseases, signed by my Doctor.

6/ Letter from my Bank : Verifying that my bank statements are accurate, and current.

My date of departure for Thailand is 08/04/08, so I should have ample time to sort this out...

Thanks again

Murg

If youhave the police clearance and all the docs sure the O-A is easier to handle once in Thailand.

By the way for the one year extension in Thailand there isnoneed for the police clearancenor the medical certificate.

In Thailand it is extended on the basis of retirement if you are over 50 and have the funds (800k in a Thai bank for at leats 3 months before at least the first extension application or 65k monthly income

There are no papers to be translated into Thai as the Embassy letter if you go the income way is a standard letter understood by Thai immigration and if you go the 800k way the Thai bank will give you the balance certificate in Thai.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

It is always good to have recent first hand experiences reports

I made the same experience in KAP CHEUNG (Isaan) last month when I made my 4th extension RETIREMENT

The friendly woman (she is beauty too) from the Immigration Office ask me for the POI letter from my embassy, 1 foto, copies from my passport..... I paid the fee (B1.9K), she stamped a one year extension into my passport, and that was that!

This is definitely the least paperwork I have ever had to submit to get an extension. The POI letter worked like a charm.

Then I ask the IMMIGRATION OFFICER to sign the yearly proof of live for my pensions insurance..........she sign the paper, make a big stamp on it...no problem

thank you KAP CHEUNG ...the best IMMIGRATION OFFICE in THAILAND :o

I posted the following 0n 29th January:

I've just returned from the immigration office in Pattaya and it could not have been easier. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Not one question asked regarding my not having the full 800K for last 3 months nor any mention of why I waited until 9 days before visa expired.

I now believe that the more non-immigrant extensions in your passport (this is my 3rd consecutive one) smooths out any bumps that may occur when extension time rolls around.

One more time - if you extend for retirement inside Thailand all you need is the financial and your passport. There is no police check or medical required. It is not an OA visa - it is a one year extension of stay for retirement. If you are using 65k income there is no need for a multi entry visa.

If you want an OA visa you only get that from London and if a multi entry type you get a one year permitted to stay on each entry so it can be used up to almost two years before you have to start the above extensions of stay (second year you would require re-entry permit for any travel outside Thailand however).

They did strictly enforce the 90 day rule on me this year (in BKK). Last year was my first retirement Visa & they weren't bothered. This year they were.

Murg - you can move the money to Thailand 90 days before VISA time & then send it back to UK for 9 months to get the higher rate of interest.