Buy A Licence

tattoodrob

hello after reading many posts on getting a thai driving licence and the hassle that it is i was wondering if anyone knows someone who offers the service of obtaining the licence for me without personally going there,i have uk driving licence and ok visa......obviously i will have to pay more than if i went myself .let me know if you know,ta.rob

If you have a UK driving license it's no hassle at all. Letter from immigration, medical cert is all you need. Go along and do a colour-blindness test, and depth perception test (stopping 2 sticks next to each other about 12 feet away0, and that's it. With the license fee the whole thing will cost you about 500 baht, and about half a day of your time.

If this is too much hassle there are places, one I know of on Pattaya Klang, but you are looking at 5-8,000 baht.

hello after reading many posts on getting a thai driving licence and the hassle that it is i was wondering if anyone knows someone who offers the service of obtaining the licence for me without personally going there,i have uk driving licence and ok visa......obviously i will have to pay more than if i went myself .let me know if you know,ta.rob

Not for long I would imagine. :o

Edited by stevemiddie

Pattaya Fox and stevemiddie are way off base, There is nothing illegal about using an "expediter" to help get your license. Yes, you will still have to go there in person but if you use an office to help you they should have the paperwork all done or made sure you bring in what you need and take you there themselves.

I agree it is simple to do alone, but the license office is not in Pattaya and it does help to at least to have a Thai speaking friend help find the place and help fill in forms.

The offices that normally do this are the same ones advertising other business services such as visa assistance etc.

YES I KNOW I SHOULD GO THERE MYSELF.............BUT AFTER READING MANY THREADS ON HERE IT SEEMS SOMETIMES YOU SIT THERE ALL DAY WAITING,THEN DEPENDS ON THE OFFICIAL AS TO WHAT I NEED PAPERWORK WISE THEN READ HASSLE WITH TESTS....MAYBE DONT PASS FOR SOME REASON ETC ETC SO WAS LOOKIN AT BENDIN THE RULES SLIGHTLY RATHER THAN BREAKING LAW!!!! IM JUST BEING LAZY AS DONT WANNA WASTE TIME AT IMMIGRATION AND AT TEST OFFICE.I CAN DRIVE,AND HAVE CORRECT PAPERWORK SO WHY NOT JUST GIVE ME A THAI LICENCE......THEY OBVIOUSLY JUST GIVE THEM TO THE THAIS AS SOME OF THE DRIVING IVE SEEN HERE IS UNBELIEVABLY DANGEROUS OR DOWNRIGHT STUPID......IM JUST TRYING TO SAVE THERE TIME AND MINE!!!!

AND STEVE I DONT THINK I WILL LOSE MY VISA BY ASKING.......ITS NOT ILLEGAL TO ASK YET IS IT......INFACT I DONT THINK ANYONE GIVES A SH.T AS EVERYONE HERE IN OFFICIALDOM CAN HARDLY STAND ON HIGH MORAL GROUND.

PS I WOULDNT PAY 5-8 K FOR THE PRIVELIGE OF A THAI LICENCE...........BENT OR NOT.

SORRY IF OFFENDED ANYONES HIGH MORALS ON THIS WEBSITE......IL GET BACK TO SMOKIN MY YABBA....HAHAHHA.ONLY JOKIN IF IMMIGRATION/POLICE READ THIS IMPORTANT WEBSITE.

Pattaya Fox and stevemiddie are way off base, There is nothing illegal about using an "expediter" to help get your license. Yes, you will still have to go there in person but if you use an office to help you they should have the paperwork all done or made sure you bring in what you need and take you there themselves.

I agree it is simple to do alone, but the license office is not in Pattaya and it does help to at least to have a Thai speaking friend help find the place and help fill in forms.

The offices that normally do this are the same ones advertising other business services such as visa assistance etc.

With all due respect the OP asked this " i was wondering if anyone knows someone who offers the service of obtaining the licence for me without personally going there" which would be an illegal way of obtaining the licence and therefore posters were asked not to discuss illegal ways of obtaining a licence.