Passport For Chiang Rai Citizen

konjianghai

• 9 months later...
You're all welcome jao...next time i will be announce about the news again!

Hi konjianghai,

Have you heard if they will come to Chiang Rai this year too?

My wife´s passport is running out end of next month.

Thanks!

At the moment there is no passport news in CR. The passport services only limited to 30 times a year, rotating through out the country. Now 3 southern provinces are on the turn. I think you should let your wife call the consular department in CM, maybe its possible to send the needed documents by post or she need to travel down there.

I dont think they will extending old passport for domestic citizens (only to Thais living abroad). However let your wife make a phone call first hand, if necessary to make new one at CM its not such big deal isnt? It would only take 1 day to make one and 5 days later the passport will be sending to her by post.

The fee is 1000 baht, 35 fee for passport by post, documents would be ID card, maybe Tabian Ban but i dont think its important since most info are on electronic ID card anyway. Also possible for 2 small size front picture of her. However i'm not sure myself if its all correct about needed documents. Give them a ring i would recommend.

Here is Thai address and phone numbers. Good luck to your wife with her passport.

Consular Departement Chiang Mai at Salaklang jungwat Chiang Mai (new building) Amphur Muang 50300 Chiang Mai

สำนักงานหนังสือเดินทาง ฯ เชียงใหม่ ศาลากลางจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ (อาคารใหม่) อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50300

Tel/โทร.(053) 891-535 ,891-536

Edited by konjianghai

Good news for Chiang Rai citizens! No need to travel for passport aplication to Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be station their mobile service at Samakkhi high school (Amphur Muang) on 17-20 december from 8.00-16.30 pm. The fee is 1000 bath.

Thanks for this, it will save us a trip to Chiang Mai.

Good news for Chiang Rai citizens! No need to travel for passport aplication to Chiang Mai or Bangkok. Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be station their mobile service at Samakkhi high school (Amphur Muang) on 17-20 december from 8.00-16.30 pm. The fee is 1000 bath.

Thanks for this, it will save us a trip to Chiang Mai.

That was annoucement of last year. :o

However its possible the mobile services will return to CR around the same month which i doubt it.

If your wife need new passport, CM is the answer.

Here is Thai address and phone numbers. Good luck to your wife with her passport.

Consular Departement Chiang Mai at Salaklang jungwat Chiang Mai (new building) Amphur Muang 50300 Chiang Mai

สำนักงานหนังสือเดินทาง ฯ เชียงใหม่ ศาลากลางจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ (อาคารใหม่) อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50300

Thanks konjianghai for all information!

:o:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks konjianghai for all information!

:o:D:D

You're welcome and pls read my other post, now the mobile service will be returning to CR this month.

Your wife might already had done her new passport in CM but if she didnt pls inform her about the news.

Edited by konjianghai

Today i've read an article at chiangraifocus.com with a good news on Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be returning to CR at 27-31 November 2008.

This time the location is at Thetsaban 3 school.

No detail on which time the service will be held but you can contact for futher information at this tel. 053- 891 533 , 02-981 7278, 02-981 7171 follow by 2301-5.

Documents needed are :

1)ID card

2)Tabian Ban

For children under 20 years of age.

1)ID card

2)Tabian Ban

3)ID card of the parents (mother or father)

4)Both parents need to sign an agreement on the passport process. Divorced parent need to bring valid divorce paper along showing he or her have fully the right over the child.

Passport fee is 1000 Baht, 35 Baht for postal service.

More information about this in Thai please click at this link.

http://www.chiangraifocus.com/newsdetail.php?news=1399

Edited by konjianghai

• 1 month later...